Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

No NX Hybrids for 2023

I just copied the reply below from Facebook, where someone asked Lexus about the availability of the NX hybrid for 2023... not good news for anyone wanting one but not ordered it yet.

Due to exceptionally high demand for the new NX Hybrid, we have now sold out of this product for 2023. As such,
we have temporarily stopped taking orders on this model. The new NX Plug-In Hybrid, winner of Best Plug-in Hybrid at the WhatCar? Car Of The Year Awards 2022, remains on sale. Thank you.

I have heard, via a good friend who knows someone at Lexus uk (so take this just as a rumour at present), that it may not be possible to supply NX350h's in 2023 to those that have already ordered, but not yet had a build date. The suggested solution is to offer an upgrade to a NX450h+ with a big discount. 

I have asked my friend to try and find out more if possible. Has anyone else heard of this?

Oh, that's not a good news for me. Ordered last March and no build date yet. Don't like the plug in concept much, but lets see what's the outcome. Still don't understand why they can't build 350 if they can build 450. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, imgo said:

I have heard, via a good friend who knows someone at Lexus uk (so take this just as a rumour at present), that it may not be possible to supply NX350h's in 2023 to those that have already ordered, but not yet had a build date. The suggested solution is to offer an upgrade to a NX450h+ with a big discount. 

I have asked my friend to try and find out more if possible. Has anyone else heard of this?

That will just devalue 450h's and I certainly wouldn't be happy!

We ordered a 350 in September this year so it sounds more and more unlikely we will get one in 2023 😭 If they do offer th 450's instead, I'm worried we won't be able to afford it! 

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

That will just devalue 450h's and I certainly wouldn't be happy!

Unlikely as they have stopped taking any new orders. Don't think there are currently too many people waiting for that to impact market prices as a whole. Again I don't think this will happen, does not make any sense as I guess a 350h needs lesser chips than the 450. 

Or is it due to carbon offsetting goal for Toyota?

Either way if this is true, I wish the dealers contact the customers soon so we can make an informed decision.

10 hours ago, imgo said:

The suggested solution is to offer an upgrade to a NX450h+ with a big discount.

I'd be surprised if they do that. All NX orders have been suspended in Japan, including the 450h+. You cannot order the Toyota RAV4 plug-in in the UK.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links