Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is300h Recall (Spotted Dec 2022)

Re: Recall.
Just had my 2015 is300h done at Hedge End. Excellent service (as usual). Car returned within 2 hrs with additional 1/2 tank of fuel added (at no cost). The courtesy car was a UX250h f sport which was “ok”, with all the added electronic aids that my car does not have. However, I was still very happy to have own car back. Compared to the UX the ride is better in the IS, the visibility is better, the space is better and the steering feel is much better (maybe because I am use to rear wheel drive vs front wheel drive?). In conclusion, 1) very happy with the IS and 2) very happy with Hedge End service. 
Sorry for all the waffle!

• Like 4

Recall done today , 17 plate facelift . less than an hour to do , when i called for an appointmentp, reception told me , all day !. No free gas tho 😕.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Caerllion said:

Same, no free gas from Birmingham.

Thats interesting I was told its a way of saying sorry for the inconvenience & thank you hence the free fuel. To be fair I didnt quiz it any further other than say well Thank you.

Lexus Stockport do not seem to be partnered with another firm like Inchcape etc. They appear to be independent Lexus/RRG Toyota group maybe they receive a bigger budget pot. 

Havent had a great experience from Leicester Lexus part of inchcape. The traditional/independent Lexus branches seem to stand by their values.

• 2 weeks later...

I had mine done last week. From walking in to driving away was 85 mins - I just sat in the lounge looking at new models in the showroom and having coffee.

I was offered £30 worth of E10 or £20 worth of E5 at the end - petrol station opposite so they drove across and filled up. Free polish and wax too.

Like Pompeyscouser above, another shout out for Lexus Hedge End.  I left my car all day as they gave me an all electric UX 300e to play with.  The car really flew but it's not one for me, I much prefer my IS.  Car washed, 1/4 tank of fuel added free of charge and excellent customer service, I'll be using them in the future instead of Poole.  Full visual inspection done with video along with hybrid check.  Faultless.

3 hours ago, hdp00 said:

£30 worth of E10 or £20 worth of E5

Strange.

Surely it'd make more sense to get £30 of any fuel, and depending on the price of what you choose, you get a differing number of litres.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

I asked a few days ago and seems my IS isn't due for the recall, which reinforces my hypothesis that this is only for pre-facelift models

You should have had a letter by now if the car is registered to you.

Or for reassurance just call your local dealer give them your reg/vin number to confirm.

19 minutes ago, IS300FSPORT said:

You should have had a letter by now if the car is registered to you.

Or for reassurance just call your local dealer give them your reg/vin number to confirm.

Yes I was on the phone with the dealership and asked about this 🙂

12 hours ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

I asked a few days ago and seems my IS isn't due for the recall, which reinforces my hypothesis that this is only for pre-facelift models

Mine is post facelift, September 2017 and has had the recall.  My dealership, Hedge End, are currently doing 10 per day and it's not limited to the 300h

11 hours ago, Brechin Slate said:

Mine is post facelift, September 2017 and has had the recall.  My dealership, Hedge End, are currently doing 10 per day and it's not limited to the 300h

Thank you for letting me know....I'm going to ask again tomorrow in person: I am booked at the lexus dealership to install the dashcam

Recall done on my 2014 IS300H at Lexus Cardiff.

Left my car with reserve fuel to help out the technicians, got it back with even less 😄

Got a courtesy 2022 reg UX250H, this time the lowest spec they own. No cruise, no a/c (wow) , but heated seats 🙂 The hybrid system in this 2022 model is a step forward from my IS for sure. It feels so much quicker, and seems to go to electric mode / glide at 55/60 mph !   Excellent for urban cruising, but not for my type of driving (motorway). The handling of my old IS is way better, as well as the noise levels inside the cabin are lower. It just feels like it's higher class car. 

I have noticed changes to how my local dealer operates in the last few months, so I asked them why. They got taken over by Marshall (previously Motorline). The new owner is stricter on costs, so they may start charging for insurance on hire cars, they want DVLA license codes, they may charge a diagnostic fee if the claim is not covered by extended warranty ( I was quote around 180 GBP fee for determining if the brake caliper fails due to age) etc. 

The dealer was very nice about other things though, so I hope that it will be a good experience under Marshall's management. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dominic1985 said:

Recall done on my 2014 IS300H at Lexus Cardiff.

Left my car with reserve fuel to help out the technicians, got it back with even less 😄

I have noticed changes to how my local dealer operates in the last few months, so I asked them why. They got taken over by Marshall (previously Motorline). The new owner is stricter on costs....

Maximising profit as its up for sale - apparently Lexus/Toyota not happy with Constellation having so many dealerships after the acquisition of Motorline so they are being made to offload some - I know the new Bristol site is for sale and I believe also Cardiff

20 hours ago, Mikey B said:

Maximising profit as its up for sale - apparently Lexus/Toyota not happy with Constellation having so many dealerships after the acquisition of Motorline so they are being made to offload some - I know the new Bristol site is for sale and I believe also Cardiff

So you mean the dealership being Marshalls is a good or a bad thing? All my nearby dealerships are Marshalls... 

Recall done today on my 2017 IS300h (facelift) by Lexus Hatfield.

Went in on reserve in the morning and came out late afternoon to my surprise with half a tank of free fuel :msn-wink:

I was given the service lead’s own 2023 UX250h (Takumi) with 200 miles on the clock as a (free) hire car. Haven’t driven an SUV before so was a bit paranoid reversing into parking bays. It felt pretty nippy for an SUV and the hologram dash on the windshield was a cool gimmick.

I only live 2.5 miles from the dealership so they didn’t ask me to top up hire car’s fuel.

Sounded like they were done by midday and said it would be ready for collection by 3.30pm after a wash and polish. They flagged the front wiper rubber of my IS was coming loose, but were charging £72 for replacements - decided to do it myself and purchased the Denso’s for £27 from Euro Car Parts.

Overall was a good experience from Lexus Hatfield.

IMG_4379.jpeg

10 hours ago, jay.pxl said:

Recall done today on my 2017 IS300h (facelift) by Lexus Hatfield.

Went in on reserve in the morning and came out late afternoon to my surprise with half a tank of free fuel :msn-wink:

I was given the service lead’s own 2023 UX250h (Takumi) with 200 miles on the clock as a (free) hire car. Haven’t driven an SUV before so was a bit paranoid reversing into parking bays. It felt pretty nippy for an SUV and the hologram dash on the windshield was a cool gimmick.

I only live 2.5 miles from the dealership so they didn’t ask me to top up hire car’s fuel.

Sounded like they were done by midday and said it would be ready for collection by 3.30pm after a wash and polish. They flagged the front wiper rubber of my IS was coming loose, but were charging £72 for replacements - decided to do it myself and purchased the Denso’s for £27 from Euro Car Parts.

Overall was a good experience from Lexus Hatfield.

IMG_4379.jpeg

On a separate topic. Original wiper blades from lexus aren't too expensive either. https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-is-phase-3-wiper-blade-twin-pack/

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Notamech said:

On a separate topic. Original wiper blades from lexus aren't too expensive either. https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-is-phase-3-wiper-blade-twin-pack/

I guess the picture is not representative of the actual product as the IS3 needs just the two front blades.

But good to know as I'm getting streaks with my brand new Denso ones!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links