Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

On 2/16/2023 at 3:02 PM, Klaudiusz said:

I opt for Michigan Highway or Georgia Highway. 

The ship that left Nagoya on 7th of Feb was Adriatic Highway. 

Oregon Highway will dock in Spain in less than 24H

Adriatic Highway is south of Oman and should be in the read sea in 48H 

Michigan Highway is making its way to the USA

Georgia Highway is arriving in Japan today...

• Like 1

Oregon Highway is on its way to Portbury. it will pass Gibraltar in the next 3 to 6 hours

Adriatic Highway is in the Red Sea and will be at Suez Friday the 24th in the evening 

Georgia Highway has left Toyohashi Harbour and will be at Suez March 12th in the evening

Next vehicle carrier should be entering Toyohashi Harbor in 10 days or so. If some one has her name, that will be nice to share 

1 hour ago, NiCoRe said:

Oregon Highway is on its way to Portbury. it will pass Gibraltar in the next 3 to 6 hours

Adriatic Highway is in the Red Sea and will be at Suez Friday the 24th in the evening 

Georgia Highway has left Toyohashi Harbour and will be at Suez March 12th in the evening

Next vehicle carrier should be entering Toyohashi Harbor in 10 days or so. If some one has her name, that will be nice to share 

I’ve got my beady eyes on it Nicolas…currently expected into Portbury at an unholy hour on Sunday I believe…👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2023 at 1:39 PM, Al Price said:

I ordered my NX 350h FSport in blue, white leather with sunroof on 2 Feb 22. Went into production 6 Feb 23. Just had notification that it has been built 15 Feb 23. 

How do I find out what shop it will be on? 

Dealer only has limited information , once you have a date for delivery to Lexus UK depot then  contact Lexus Customer Relations
(cr@Lexus.co.uk) they are very helpful and will advise which ship.

On 2/19/2023 at 7:37 PM, Gary H said:

In May '22 (can't remember the exact date to hand, but it was towards the end of the month), I ordered an NX350h Takumi, in Terrane Khaki with the Hazel Smooth leather and panoramic roof. I was told the estimated lead time would be twelve months - so May '23 for delivery. I was okay with that as my current 20 plate UX250h remains with me until this September (I thought it was March when it turned three years old, but it turns out it's on a three and half year deal...).

At the time of ordering, the dealer told me to not worry about that (at this point I thought I'd have to change cars this March) as Lexus would 'see' I have a new car on order and would extend my current deal until the new car arrives. I don't know how true that is, but I'd be interested to hear from others. I was also told not to expect to hear news of any progress with regards to a build date until around Christmas. I was also told there would be 'a wait' after the car has been built as it takes approximately eight weeks to ship across. I duly paid my £1000 deposit and left. 

Christmas came and went and I hadn't heard a thing from the dealer, so I paid them a visit. Whilst they were very polite, they basically had no news at all. No progress reports over those seven months - no nothing. The salesman was perfectly honest with me, smiled, shrugged his shoulders and said all he's giving customers at the moment over lead times is bad news. I can't say I felt overly optimistic when I left.

I called them a week or so ago for a progress report, thinking surely by now they would have something on their system. Especially given we know the order books for the NX are now closed. Sadly not. Still no build date, no sign of any progress - no nothing. Just a simple "You might be looking at June, but we've had a few customer's cars coming in a few weeks sooner, so it could still be May...". So, there's a possibility it's gone back a month (so a 13 month wait) and if I hadn't have called, I wouldn't have known any better. 

Basically, it's me that's had to do the chasing. They've not been in touch with me with any updates. Maybe that's my fault for not being more active in this? However, having seen other fellow members getting updates from their own dealers does make me a little frustrated by my dealer, I will admit.

I haven't been set up with any apps to monitor progress. Until I started scanning through this thread, I didn't know such a thing was available to be honest. The dealer has never mentioned it to me. 

If I had some form of progress report and could see I was working my way up the queue I'd probably feel a little easier over this, but without so much as a build date (or when to expect one) after almost nine months of waiting, I have to say faith in the company as a whole has taken quite a knock. I'm an incredibly patient person and I know I'm probably worrying a little too early at this stage, but time is ticking on now. I've largely left the dealer in peace as we all know the situation with regards to chip shortages but I'll be interested to know if any other members with NX's on order can relate to such a lengthy time without any progress on their new car at all. I do honestly feel as though I've been forgotten about. I'll need to know over the next month or two what's going on because if it's bad news, I'll need to either arrange to keep my UX more long term or start frantically looking elsewhere for a replacement. 

Dealer only has limited information ,  contact Lexus Customer Relations (cr@Lexus.co.uk) they are very helpful and will give update.

24 minutes ago, Chingford NX450 said:

Dealer only has limited information , once you have a date for delivery to Lexus UK depot then  contact Lexus Customer Relations
(cr@Lexus.co.uk) they are very helpful and will advise which ship.

Anyone had this issue, Lexus link app and subsequent emails tell me my NX350 is in the UK and get an email and the app showing the car is with the dealer. However after several calls to the dealer they have no idea where the car is? Now a week later, the app is showing the car is mysteriously moved back to Derby? The car was ordered 08/02/22 from Hatfield dealership. 

19 hours ago, OwenD said:

Anyone had this issue, Lexus link app and subsequent emails tell me my NX350 is in the UK and get an email and the app showing the car is with the dealer. However after several calls to the dealer they have no idea where the car is? Now a week later, the app is showing the car is mysteriously moved back to Derby? The car was ordered 08/02/22 from Hatfield dealership. 

Hi Owen,  confusing isn’t it? I understand my car is on board the Oregon Highway due into Portbury this weekend. The latest status on the app however shows  “Build in progress”. Hopefully well be driving our cars soon…

19 hours ago, Andyml said:

Hi Owen,  confusing isn’t it? I understand my car is on board the Oregon Highway due into Portbury this weekend. The latest status on the app however shows  “Build in progress”. Hopefully well be driving our cars soon…

Certainly is, got an email and the map on the app showed the car was with the dealer? Got to admit I have had very little contact from the dealers, perhaps 2 proactive calls in over a year! Hopefully the wait is almost over 🤞🏽

I posted this on 29 July last year in the NX 2022 Delivery Date thread. Shame that Lexus are still causing confusion through their poor wording and definitions.

"I can't be sure about the accuracy of what I'm about to say but true or half true, the wording used in the Lexus Link app is misleading. If it were changed, I think there would be a huge improvement in the perception of the communication with Lexus.

What do I mean? Well the first step is 'order in progress', not too misleading but it would be better if this period was split with the second phase being, 'awaiting build'.

Next is 'build in progress' before it moves to 'left the factory'. I believe that the reality is that the app doesn't change until its on a ship. Hence the reason why some cars are 'in build' for a few days and others for 2-3 weeks. Best if 'build in progress' was split into, 'your vehicle is being built' and 'your car is awaiting shipment'.

Once the ship has left port, it should say, 'your vehicle is at sea en-route to you'. 'Left the factory' is misleading/incomplete information.

The next step, 'In transit' is a terrible phrase because the car has been in transit since it left the port in Japan. Far better to say something like, 'Your vehicle has arrived in UK and is on its way to your dealer'.

You probably get the idea by now. Would be nice if Lexus UK could make some simple wording changes to reduce the confusion experienced by many customers. That's my two penny worth."

• Like 7

Think the massive confusion the app and emails cause is telling you the car is with the dealer…..causing you to ring the dealer, who if I am honest reacted as if I asked if they have any tickets available to visit Mars 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

I posted this on 29 July last year in the NX 2022 Delivery Date thread. Shame that Lexus are still causing confusion through their poor wording and definitions.

"I can't be sure about the accuracy of what I'm about to say but true or half true, the wording used in the Lexus Link app is misleading. If it were changed, I think there would be a huge improvement in the perception of the communication with Lexus.

What do I mean? Well the first step is 'order in progress', not too misleading but it would be better if this period was split with the second phase being, 'awaiting build'.

Next is 'build in progress' before it moves to 'left the factory'. I believe that the reality is that the app doesn't change until its on a ship. Hence the reason why some cars are 'in build' for a few days and others for 2-3 weeks. Best if 'build in progress' was split into, 'your vehicle is being built' and 'your car is awaiting shipment'.

Once the ship has left port, it should say, 'your vehicle is at sea en-route to you'. 'Left the factory' is misleading/incomplete information.

The next step, 'In transit' is a terrible phrase because the car has been in transit since it left the port in Japan. Far better to say something like, 'Your vehicle has arrived in UK and is on its way to your dealer'.

You probably get the idea by now. Would be nice if Lexus UK could make some simple wording changes to reduce the confusion experienced by many customers. That's my two penny worth."

Agreed Malcolm….poorly designed app. My car, I hope, is currently waiting in the Bristol Channel to dock tomorrow - the app still shows “build in progress”. I honestly think we, customers and Lexus UK, would be better off of it didn’t exist. 

Over the last couple of months a lot of cars seem to be stuck at the docks cause apparently theres a shortage of transporter drivers, no one seems to know when anything will actually arrive & even when they do theres shortages on accessories & basic PDI parts....& pretty much all Japan made Toyota & Lexus are still showing up with only 1 key fob. 

Top Tip,

Delete App twice a week.

Twice waiting for my New Cross, my Car Status advanced.

My Dealer is excellent but Deliveries always continue to surprise !

Tel

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 7:55 PM, Andyml said:

Hi Gary - It seems it’s 12 months for delivery for most of us….I ordered early March 22 and it’s on the Oregon Highway right now in the Med. The Lexus app has been mostly useless - it’s currently showing “Build in Progress” can you believe?. My dealership haven’t been overly informative so I’ve had to chase….I’d say it’s worth your while dropping Lexus UK HQ a line and asking them for an update. They were helpful to me and let me know which vessel it was loaded on to. 

Hope you get some encouraging news soon… 👍👍

Thanks! In an odd way it's probably good to know the app has been mostly useless in this respect - otherwise I'd have been a bit annoyed to have missed potential updates on my own order! It seems your own dealer is like mine, where information, at absolute best, has been scant. I'm sure the dealers feel the same, but Lexus UK HQ ought to be more active at providing updates to the dealers, so at least it gives them the opportunity to subsequently update customers and saves people like ourselves having to spend time on forums!

Again, I fully accept I'm still within that twelve month waiting period with mine having been ordered at the end of May '22. It's just that after nine months and initially being told my the dealer to expect to hear of progress by last Christmas,  I admit I'm getting a little concerned at no news now. Obviously I don't know how long it takes for the car to be built, but I'd imagine getting it built, shipped across and waiting at the dealer for me in May would be pretty tough going now. 😕

On 2/23/2023 at 4:40 PM, Chingford NX450 said:

Dealer only has limited information ,  contact Lexus Customer Relations (cr@Lexus.co.uk) they are very helpful and will give update.

Thanks for that e-mail address. Much appreciated. I was going to ask if anyone here had any contacts 'above' dealer level which may be able to update me. 

My UX is going into the dealers this coming Friday for it's first MOT. If I can't get hold of my salesman either when I drop it off or pick it back up again, I'll use that e-mail address. I'll give the dealer one more try for any progress report before I take it further. I'll post an update as and when. 

12 hours ago, Gary H said:

Again, I fully accept I'm still within that twelve month waiting period with mine having been ordered at the end of May '22. It's just that after nine months and initially being told my the dealer to expect to hear of progress by last Christmas,  I admit I'm getting a little concerned at no news now. Obviously I don't know how long it takes for the car to be built, but I'd imagine getting it built, shipped across and waiting at the dealer for me in May would be pretty tough going now. 😕

Maybe a small crumb of comfort for you Gary.... if your car enters the build stage within the next 3 or 4 weeks (and is promptly put on a ship thereafter) then a delivery date of mid to late May is still a possibility. This is based on my experience with ordering my NX350h in 2021/22.

Just received a call today from my dealer...

They will receive my NX on March 27th ( this means it is traveling on the MORNING CLARA) 

This means that I will get my hands on it around April 7th...
14 monthes and a half waiting time...

One word...JOY

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Gary H said:

Thanks! In an odd way it's probably good to know the app has been mostly useless in this respect - otherwise I'd have been a bit annoyed to have missed potential updates on my own order! It seems your own dealer is like mine, where information, at absolute best, has been scant. I'm sure the dealers feel the same, but Lexus UK HQ ought to be more active at providing updates to the dealers, so at least it gives them the opportunity to subsequently update customers and saves people like ourselves having to spend time on forums!

Thanks for that e-mail address. Much appreciated. I was going to ask if anyone here had any contacts 'above' dealer level which may be able to update me. 

My UX is going into the dealers this coming Friday for it's first MOT. If I can't get hold of my salesman either when I drop it off or pick it back up again, I'll use that e-mail address. I'll give the dealer one more try for any progress report before I take it further. I'll post an update as and when. 

I wrote to customer relations email address hoping to go above the dealer but I got a call from my dealer next morning asking me why did I write to Lexus HQ! It seems they forward it to the dealer where car was ordered in the first place. In the end it was the same old message that don't expect it before 12 months.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links