Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

4 minutes ago, HMT said:

I would wait. 
we all have some must haves on the car and for me the HUD, camera, and better lights are a must, so even if offered the lower spec car at last years price I would say no. I want the spec I ordered

I have been told that my 450h with premium plus pack In sonic titanium is going into build in April for delivery in June so am a bit surprised with you October delivery date - did you get that from your dealer or Lexus CS?

Thank you HMT. My order is not in UK 🙂 I also tend to wait.

My NX 450h+ Takumi which was ordered on 30 June '22 has just been built last week. It was initially scheduled as March '23 delivery but in line with all NX and particularly Takumi it was delayed until potentially June/July. I'm pleasantly surprised that it's now actually been built and has 'Left the factory' so it should give hope that things are starting to move quicker.  I tried to get the vessel name but my dealer was not remotely interested in helping, however Lexus UK customer relations were more forthcoming, although still didn't have the shipping detail but will in a few days. The really good news is that the detail provided did contain one key nugget below.... note the MY24 designation! I know this is covered in another thread, but unless the system descriptions have been updated before the actual production, then MY24 is being produced with the additional security features and some minor interior changes. Likely delivery is May so 10.5/11 months from order.

Line off date: 9/03/23
Specification:  NX Plug-In Hybrid MY24 - Takumi grade

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clinkers said:

Where did you find out it was a 2024 model year? My nx350h has just finished build and left the factory yesterday but that is all the info I can see on  MyLexus

That info came from Lexus UK Customer Relations CR@lexus.co.uk its not on the app or website and looked like they'd pasted internal data into the email reply. They seem very helpful

21 minutes ago, Max G said:

That info came from Lexus UK Customer Relations CR@lexus.co.uk its not on the app or website and looked like they'd pasted internal data into the email reply. They seem very helpful

Thanks. Talked to my dealer and although he doesn’t know which ship it’s on he knows it is expected at the dealership 27 April. All hunky dory given they said 12 months delivery estimate when I ordered last July.

Still no news on my NX350h Takumi that I ordered towards the end of May '22. No build date, no nothing... I can't say I'm surprised, given it's me that's had to do all the chasing with regards to receiving any information. As I said in my last post, I'll be contacting Lexus Customer Services (on that cr@lexus.co.uk e-mail address) either at the very end of this month or the start of next. 

On 3/15/2023 at 7:36 PM, imgo said:

Happy for you! My NX350h ordered 9 days before you has an ETA of October '23, Takumi spec cars are very delayed!

That's very much worrying considered I ordered mine three months later in May and the dealer told me at the start of this month it's still estimated, on their computer screen that I saw, to be here in June (he did slip up and verbally say June/July). If that October date for yours is looking more realistic, I could be looking at new year - which would be a total wait of 19 months for a Takumi-spec model. I won't say too much about my feelings about that just yet as I'm 'only' approaching the 10 month waiting mark and everything is of course subject to change, but lets just say it's not overly complimentary! 

On 3/16/2023 at 6:26 PM, Chance521 said:

My order from last March still haven’t gone in production yet and dealer told me today that it’s possibly delayed to October now. But dealer also provided an option that if I switch to a lower grade NX450H(no 360 camera , no hud etc) which is already on the ship, but pay same price for the higher grade I ordered last year, I can get the car in May, but this also means I will somehow lose about 4000gbp , but of course the payoff is earlier delivery.

shall I take this offer or wait another few months? 😄I’ve already waited a year now and I doubt whether it’s going to take yet another year to build the car .

Like what others have said - given you've waited so long like we all have, then I'm sure another few months isn't going to make much difference! I absolutely would not be wanting to pay more for a 'lesser' grade, that's for sure. The only way I'd accept that dealer's option would be to take that alternative car at the price it would have been at the time you placed your order - and that would only be if you weren't that fussed on spec. Otherwise I'd politely decline it and continue to wait. 

I wonder if these cars are other people's cancelled orders? I'd suspect so, because if they were just building random NX models ahead of customers who have ordered theirs, handed over deposits and been waiting for a very long time - questions need to be asked.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

Like what others have said - given you've waited so long like we all have, then I'm sure another few months isn't going to make much difference! I absolutely would not be wanting to pay more for a 'lesser' grade, that's for sure. The only way I'd accept that dealer's option would be to take that alternative car at the price it would have been at the time you placed your order - and that would only be if you weren't that fussed on spec. Otherwise I'd politely decline it and continue to wait. 

I wonder if these cars are other people's cancelled orders? I'd suspect so, because if they were just building random NX models ahead of customers who have ordered theirs, handed over deposits and been waiting for a very long time - questions need to be asked.

Thank you Gary, I’ve politely rejected the offer:) let’s see if the October timeline is delayed again. 

On 2/12/2023 at 4:20 PM, Chingford NX450 said:

New member - Following both post`s since ordering - Sharing my cars journey.
Lexus NX 450+ Premium with Plus Pack & Protection Pack. 
Sonic Grey . Dark Rose Tahara Leather.

Ordered May 2022  with a  build date of September 2022 and delivery date of December 2022.
Build moved to November then December and then January 2023.

Dealer only has limited information so contacted Lexus Customer Relations and they advised delay due to “specific part restrictions limiting the build of this derivative and other top spec derivatives”

Further E-mail from them to advise “line off date of the 19th January 2023 (the date the car is manufactured). 

Followed by auto E-Mail and App update 17th January – Now Built 😊

Left Toyohashi 28th January 2023 on Origon Highway. 🚢

Advised by Dealer (South Woodford) & Lexus UK :
The current expected ETA to land within the UK depot is roughly 8/03/23, and once the vehicle arrives in the UK it is required to have it's "protection pack" fitted prior to it's pre-delivery checks. Subsequent delivery to Lexus Woodford is estimated to take around two weeks after this, assuming all goes as expected and there are no unforeseen delays.

I have been fortunate that my dealer Simon at South Woodford 👏 has been proactive in fortnightly contact`s and whilst information they have may not give you the full picture, do not hesitate to contact Lexus Customer Relations (cr@Lexus.co.uk) as they have access to a greater amount of data and once in the system with them you can get more detailed answers and they always come back to you. 👏

Update to woeful customer service for such a Great Car .
Arrived UK 25-02-23 , E-Mail to say "My new Lexus was on it`s way" when you read it in transit , Not to me to but Derby.
3 weeks on , 1/2 the time it took to sail here still in UK (Derby) with NO ETA.

Has anybody that had a car on the Oregon Highway taken delivery yet ?

On 1/1/2023 at 6:53 PM, Chance521 said:

Inspired by Simon , we probably should have a new thread for NX 2023 delivery.

I myself ordered NX450H+ in March 2022 in Sweden and originally given delivery as Jan 2023, then pushed to March 2023 and now pushed again to July 2023.

I’ve been monitoring other forum/groups and it seems the base version(business + in Sweden market )gets much quicker delivery…Which probably makes sense due to need of less semiconductors

I ordered the 450h+ in July 2022 with a January 23 delivery. It pushed to April but now I have just received notification from my dealer in UK that the car is 'in build' for delivery 4th May 23. I am told that this is more or less fixed process going forward so should be reliable. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chingford NX450 said:

Update to woeful customer service for such a Great Car .
Arrived UK 25-02-23 , E-Mail to say "My new Lexus was on it`s way" when you read it in transit , Not to me to but Derby.
3 weeks on , 1/2 the time it took to sail here still in UK (Derby) with NO ETA.

Has anybody that had a car on the Oregon Highway taken delivery yet ?

Hi Stephen - I understand that my 350h F Sport was on that boat and is hopefully emerging from Derby soon. My dealer says they’ll need it for 48/72 hours in addition before I get my grubby mits on it….I specced a tow bar and protection kit but why does everything take so long? Could it be they’re proactively doing recall stuff in advance?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Harry Junior said:

I ordered the 450h+ in July 2022 with a January 23 delivery. It pushed to April but now I have just received notification from my dealer in UK that the car is 'in build' for delivery 4th May 23. I am told that this is more or less fixed process going forward so should be reliable. Fingers crossed.

Congratulations, what are your vehicle's specifications?

1 hour ago, Andyml said:

Hi Stephen - I understand that my 350h F Sport was on that boat and is hopefully emerging from Derby soon. My dealer says they’ll need it for 48/72 hours in addition before I get my grubby mits on it….I specced a tow bar and protection kit but why does everything take so long? Could it be they’re proactively doing recall stuff in advance?

My dealer told me that as I ordered a tow bar at the same time as the car, it would be fitted at the factory in Japan.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vira said:

Congratulations, what are your vehicle's specifications?

It's a full Takumi spec, I should know it off by heart by now, right? But I don't! Had to look it up. Terrane Khaki metallic, not such an attractive name for a colour, but I love it! Black and rich cream interior. I did try to change to tan, but dealer told me I would go back to the starting line, so stayed with itl Basically it's got everything and all the buttons work! Recconfirmed yesterday as May 4th. I'm sorting out the charging but believe that i will overnight charge with 13A charge cable supplied as I don't need faster charge. I'll get the dash cam fitted by the dealer as I have on my current NX300. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 7:46 PM, Max G said:

My NX 450h+ Takumi which was ordered on 30 June '22 has just been built last week. It was initially scheduled as March '23 delivery but in line with all NX and particularly Takumi it was delayed until potentially June/July. I'm pleasantly surprised that it's now actually been built and has 'Left the factory' so it should give hope that things are starting to move quicker.  I tried to get the vessel name but my dealer was not remotely interested in helping, however Lexus UK customer relations were more forthcoming, although still didn't have the shipping detail but will in a few days. The really good news is that the detail provided did contain one key nugget below.... note the MY24 designation! I know this is covered in another thread, but unless the system descriptions have been updated before the actual production, then MY24 is being produced with the additional security features and some minor interior changes. Likely delivery is May so 10.5/11 months from order.

Line off date: 9/03/23
Specification:  NX Plug-In Hybrid MY24 - Takumi grade

Wouldn't it be so much more fun if Lexus followed the vehicle through production with a bit of video (like the service videos) to show the various states of build? And why not the loading on the vessel, with vessel name so we could track it through Suez?  My 450h+ is 'in build' and ETA is 4 May 2023 (note the year for good measure) and I have no idea what the MY24 is, but trust I get the latest. Ordered 27 May 2022 for January 23 delivery, then April, and now hopefully May, since it is in build. Fingers crossed. Good luck Max

6 minutes ago, Harry Junior said:

It's a full Takumi spec, I should know it off by heart by now, right? But I don't! Had to look it up. Terrane Khaki metallic, not such an attractive name for a colour, but I love it! Black and rich cream interior. I did try to change to tan, but dealer told me I would go back to the starting line, so stayed with itl Basically it's got everything and all the buttons work! Recconfirmed yesterday as May 4th. I'm sorting out the charging but believe that i will overnight charge with 13A charge cable supplied as I don't need faster charge. I'll get the dash cam fitted by the dealer as I have on my current NX300. 

Congratulations! I have had the NX350h Takumi in the same colour combination for 13 months and 12k miles. I love it!😬

A206CEC2-C5E5-4A96-A8B1-6F48558F8AA3.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hintonwood said:

Congratulations! I have had the NX350h Takumi in the same colour combination for 13 months and 12k miles. I love it!😬

A206CEC2-C5E5-4A96-A8B1-6F48558F8AA3.jpeg

So very nice - you have great taste!! Looks amazing. Thank you/1

3 minutes ago, Harry Junior said:

So very nice - you have great taste!! Looks amazing. Thank you/1

Thanks….. and I always call the colour Nori Green Pearl - this is what they call it in the US and I think it sounds much better than Terrane Khaki Metallic!😜

|

14 minutes ago, hintonwood said:

Thanks….. and I always call the colour Nori Green Pearl - this is what they call it in the US and I think it sounds much better than Terrane Khaki Metallic!😜

Same colour for me too (not a Takumi though, just a humble Premium with Lexus Link Pro).

Only had it for just under two months, but had a lot of compliments on the colour and really love the way it can look very different in different lighting conditions.

I agree, Nori Green Pearl sounds so much better than Terrane Khaki!

1 hour ago, Harry Junior said:

Wouldn't it be so much more fun if Lexus followed the vehicle through production with a bit of video (like the service videos) to show the various states of build? And why not the loading on the vessel, with vessel name so we could track it through Suez?  My 450h+ is 'in build' and ETA is 4 May 2023 (note the year for good measure) and I have no idea what the MY24 is, but trust I get the latest. Ordered 27 May 2022 for January 23 delivery, then April, and now hopefully May, since it is in build. Fingers crossed. Good luck Max

Don't know about MY24 - dealer didn't know as well. Have enquired with Lexus UK and waiting for their reply. Also waiting for the cars which are currently in built to be delivered so the MY24 specs are confirmed.

14 hours ago, Vira said:

Don't know about MY24 - dealer didn't know as well. Have enquired with Lexus UK and waiting for their reply. Also waiting for the cars which are currently in built to be delivered so the MY24 specs are confirmed.

My NX 450h+ was completed on 9 March and the information provided by Lexus Customer Relations showed that it is a Model Year 2024 (Specification:  NX Plug-In Hybrid MY24). On another thread regarding MY24, the speculation was that production from 2nd March was MY24 but I'm not sure if that's subject to which variant or production site.

My car is now on board Dalian Highway having left Toyohashi on 15 March and is due into Portbury on 13 April. (ordered 30 June 2022), so I'm hopeful I will collect it in the first half of May.

3 minutes ago, robby666 said:

Has anyone with a 2022 order received the £500 goodwill gesture from Lexus that 2021 orders received?

I have been promised it when I get my car but it's £500 off service plan cost.

Wrote to Lexus customer services yesterday enquiring about the MY24 specifications on the newly built cars and today got a call from dealer - apparently, Lexus forwarded my enquiry to them. Still no clarity on what it is going on, so I am awaiting people to feedback when their newer built cars delivered. My ETA remains June.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links