Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

Hardly skipping the queue. Left my name with my dealer and when a slot opened up in March for them to take orders I went in an ordered my car. 
I will be surprised if the delivery doesn’t slip. 

12 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

My first order was placed back end of March 2023
When I changed my order to get the spec I wanted it was placed first week in April 2023 and was estimated for delivery in December. Then got an email from my dealer on the 24th April to say it has came forward a bit to October 2023. 
And now I got a email yesterday saying delivery is still looking like September/October. 
My updated order had to be put through as a MY24 spec and I ended up paying a bit more than originally planned. 

image.thumb.png.7d39be14e13fa8c5cb25dd5404c890a8.png

Similar here - order (450+) placed very early April with a December delivery date 'likely' but it's moved forward from November to October as of yesterday...

16 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

Hardly skipping the queue. Left my name with my dealer and when a slot opened up in March for them to take orders I went in an ordered my car. 
I will be surprised if the delivery doesn’t slip. 

I l just can't understand this. We ordered a 350h way before you, in September 22 (nearly 10 months wait so far) and our delivery isn't expected until October at earliest. Just doesn't make sense that your being told pretty much same eta for delivery yet only ordered within last couple of months.

Would you mind letting me know which dealer you ordered from? 

20 hours ago, Hookyman said:

I’m in a similar boat. Ordered March 23 450h, 14inch display and sunroof. Apparently on track for October delivery. UK. 

Quite strange, I ordered in August 2022 and  ETA is November 2023. If something wrong with Lexus manufacturing queue 😀

4 hours ago, Deb said:

I l just can't understand this. We ordered a 350h way before you, in September 22 (nearly 10 months wait so far) and our delivery isn't expected until October at earliest. Just doesn't make sense that your being told pretty much same eta for delivery yet only ordered within last couple of months.

Would you mind letting me know which dealer you ordered from? 

Deb, don’t get uptight about it.
It may just be that his dealer had a cancellation and the slot was then given to a waiting customer, or perhaps he has one of the bad dealers who delight in telling porkies just to string the customer along by giving them a date which they know cannot be met. It has happened on here a few times in the past.
Either way it’s not worth stressing about. You will love yours so much when it arrives the long wait will be soon forgotten 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Deb, don’t get uptight about it.
It may just be that his dealer had a cancellation and the slot was then given to a waiting customer, or perhaps he has one of the bad dealers who delight in telling porkies just to string the customer along by giving them a date which they know cannot be met. It has happened on here a few times in the past.
Either way it’s not worth stressing about. You will love yours so much when it arrives the long wait will be soon forgotten 👍

True. Thank you 😊 

Mine is a company car, so I deal with my fleet office rather a dealer. I’m not counting my chickens until I get the keys! I get update emails from fleet and that has come down from End of the year, to October in the last few weeks.

It appears to take approximately a year to get a new Lexus delivered.

If someone cancels their order it might be possible for a dealer to resell that order with a relatively quick delivery.

I visited a BMW dealer recently and was offered a brand new car for delivery in November but the cars offered were already in the order system.

Companies may also buy multiple cars and get quicker delivery.

I am waiting for my Lexus even although it is very frustrating at times.

• Like 1

Sorry for all still waiting. Filled in the paperwork and now have a date that starts with number and not just the month. But it’s still a maybe on that date. Roll on the mid to late June. 

Finally picked up my 450h+ on 8th June 2023 order was placed on 25th June 2022, so not quite a year !

No wheel nuts, owners manual or service handbook and of course only one key fob.

Dealers doesn't think the wheel nuts will be forthcoming - what are other peoples experiences regarding wheel nuts ?

Thanks

Graham

46 minutes ago, DouglasGB said:

Finally picked up my 450h+ on 8th June 2023 order was placed on 25th June 2022, so not quite a year !

No wheel nuts, owners manual or service handbook and of course only one key fob.

Dealers doesn't think the wheel nuts will be forthcoming - what are other peoples experiences regarding wheel nuts ?

Thanks

Graham

I'm picking up my new RZ tomorrow and the locking wheel nuts may take "a few months" according to the dealer. I've asked if Lexus will be picking up the tab if the wheels are stolen and I've yet to have a reply. The second key should be with me in a couple of months. No handbook as they expect you to download them now. Not good enough when you are spending that amount of money

Locking wheel nuts hardly present any deterrent to thief's these days. 
My local mechanic removed all 4 of mine without damage to the wheels on my RX when I lost the key in under 5 minutes

2 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Locking wheel nuts hardly present any deterrent to thief's these days. 
My local mechanic removed all 4 of mine without damage to the wheels on my RX when I lost the key in under 5 minutes

It might not be a deterrent but they should still be supplied with the car, same with the second key. If they did get nicked, why should I lose my no claims bonus because of Lexus?

2 hours ago, DouglasGB said:

Thanks

Graham

Picked my 450h up on 1st June  - told locking wheel nuts and 2nd fob hopefully later in Qtr 3.

told service books are no longer given as std (all online) but if you ask for 1 they will give out if they have any paper books left ……..

14 hours ago, John Adams said:

It might not be a deterrent but they should still be supplied with the car, same with the second key. If they did get nicked, why should I lose my no claims bonus because of Lexus?

I think my point was if they are going to get nicked locking wheel bolts won’t prevent that.
If they have been targeted they will be nicked, the tea leafs will be ready prepared to remove the locking bolts - it really is that easy to get them off

17 hours ago, John Adams said:

I'm picking up my new RZ tomorrow and the locking wheel nuts may take "a few months" according to the dealer. I've asked if Lexus will be picking up the tab if the wheels are stolen and I've yet to have a reply. 

I would imagine that Lexus' reply would be that you have two options:-

1. Take delivery of the car now without the locking wheel nuts and accept the risk that the wheels are more vulnerable to being stolen (and absolve Lexus of any responsibility should that happen)
  2. Don't take delivery of the car until the wheel nuts have been sourced and are in place

If it were me, I would probably choose option 1 - especially bearing in mind that nothing on a car, no matter how well it is secured, is totally theft-proof anymore.

Good luck with the RZ - looks a very nice car.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 7:28 PM, Andyml said:

That’s great news….I have a similar model with NO sunroof….

I recently contacted Lexus UK about the long delays in getting my NX Premium Plus with Pan roof. I was told that it had gone out to December 23, 20 months after order.  I have just received an email to say that my car has been built and on its way to Portbury docks. Some 4 sooner than I was expecting. No idea why that happened.

15 hours ago, Torchy Thompson said:

I recently contacted Lexus UK about the long delays in getting my NX Premium Plus with Pan roof. I was told that it had gone out to December 23, 20 months after order.  I have just received an email to say that my car has been built and on its way to Portbury docks. Some 4 sooner than I was expecting. No idea why that happened.

It is because they are apparently cutting back on quality control so things like panel gaps, paint finish and which way the directional tyres are fitted on the rims saving time hence faster delivery.

Only joking David and welcome to the LOC 😀

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

It is because they are apparently cutting back on quality control so things like panel gaps, paint finish and which way the directional tyres are fitted on the rims saving time hence faster delivery.

Only joking David and welcome to the LOC 😀

😅

On 6/7/2023 at 8:51 PM, Deb said:

Are you in the UK? If you are, I'm really confused now! According to our salesman, no orders being taken at all for 23. How you have managed to order one so recently and have an estimated delivery of September this year is baffling?! We have been waiting since September 22 with ETA or October 23.

I just cant understand how your seemly skipping the queue?

I'm thinking along the same mindset, Deb. Not directing it to the customer, but certainly in the direction of both the dealers and the factory. They know full well how long some people have had to wait for fundamentally the same car - and yet they're still expected to be happy and satisfied customers when they know full well others have been getting them without the extended 12-15 month (plus) extended wait. In my case, it was just over a year before I even got so much as a build month... Others had their cars built, shipped and even delivered in some cases by then.

I know there are one or two others who have had to wait even longer than me - Feb '22 orders. My order was placed towards the end of May '22 and I'm convinced it's only because I've complained three times to Customer Services that they've finally, reluctantly, decided to put my car into build. If I had sat back and said nothing, I bet I'd still be at the 'back of the queue' seemingly indefinitely. 

These are very much points I'll be raising when it comes to sorting out the finance/appraisal on my existing car and/or collection day - which as things stand is likely to be September sometime...so a 15 month wait for me. 

This whole ordering process has well and truly left a sour taste in my mouth with the company and regardless of what I'll think of my NX when it comes to eventually collecting it after so long, I really can't see me dealing with them again. If I knew six/eight months ago that it appears the factory are very much 'picking and choosing' what they want to build and paying no attention (or having little respect) at all to just how long some people have had to sit at the 'back of the queue', I would have cancelled as in my humble opinion, they've not been fair at all.  

On 6/8/2023 at 8:43 PM, Scotlex said:

I visited a BMW dealer recently and was offered a brand new car for delivery in November but the cars offered were already in the order system.

I was looking at my local BMW dealer about a month ago to see what was available and when - as I was getting close to cancelling with still no news at that point. 

They did have a few unregistered 5 Series Tourings which could be had in 2-3 weeks. Obviously, no choice in spec but it seems other manufacturers of similar ilk to Lexus can supply you a brand new car with significantly shorter waiting times. Nor were they charging several thousand above list price for them too (as I've seen with a few pre-registered NX's...). It was a similar story for my local Jaguar/Range Rover dealer too, but I didn't fancy one of them!

On 6/9/2023 at 2:54 PM, WhiteHart said:

Filled in the paperwork and now have a date that starts with number and not just the month.

The number has now moved forward 6 days. The end nigh. 

• Like 1

Well things seem to be moving fairly quickly now on my NX450+ takumi. Ordered Sept. 22

31/5/23 processing

4/6/23 started building

today 13/6/23 left the factory 

Don't yet know which ship or arrival date.

Edited by BillSt
Added info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BillSt said:

Well things seem to be moving fairly quickly now on my NX450+ takumi. Ordered Sept. 22

31/5/23 processing

4/6/23 started building

today 13/6/23 left the factory 

Don't yet know which ship or arrival date.

Happy for you, I have ordered NX350h in august 2022, no update yet. Dealer is saying November/December 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links