Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

That is what I was planning to do but the salesperson in the dealership said that I will need to wait for 3 months/90 days before settling the finance as I will be penalised or will have to pay the 3 months worth of interest if I settle it within the month after starting it.

Loan providers must allow you to pay back a personal loan early in full, but they can charge you an early repayment charge (ERC). Early repayment charges vary, but typically you can expect to pay the equivalent of one to two months’ interest.

Any fees and how they’re calculated should be set out in your loan information and agreement, so you know what to expect if you repay early.

Plus you do not have to take the personal loan for the full amount. You could pay a larger deposit and even if you do have to pay 3 months interest it may be lower than the £1000 deposit contribution. You would have to see the terms and conditions and mess with the numbers.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DC__ said:

That is what I was planning to do but the salesperson in the dealership said that I will need to wait for 3 months/90 days before settling the finance as I will be penalised or will have to pay the 3 months worth of interest if I settle it within the month after starting it.

The cynic in me thinks perhaps the dealership may not get their commission if the loan is redeemed early.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

The cynic in me thinks perhaps the dealership may not get their commission if the loan is redeemed early.

🤫I can't see that being a motivating factor for a car dealship though can you?😅

3 hours ago, DC__ said:

I have ended 2 PCP loans with Lexus/Toyota finance within the first month and only been charged 1 month interest, the most recent Aug last year. Also the same with the wife’s Mazda.

Just call them after 2 weeks and say you want a settlement figure. If your loan conditions do not show an ERC penalty then they any charge one. 

23 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

Hi Gary, oh please don't say that the Dealer will register the car on the 23 Plate, my dealer is quoting me late July for my 350H, now whether that means the car will arrive at the Dock or the dealer don't know, suppose it comes at the dealers end of July then I'm hoping it'll take them 1/2 weeks to get car ready install the Dashcams, then they should keep the car unregistered for a couple of weeks in the showroom and then get the 73 Plate, is this wishful thinking on my part 😂😂

Who's your dealer? Mine is Lexus Twickenham. 

I sincerely hope I'm wrong about that and it's just me over-thinking things! It's something I'll raise with the salesperson when I eventually get the call to sort out the trade-in and new finance.

Mine is estimated to be at the dealer around 4th September (obviously - always 'subject to change' / 'estimated') which I'd assume would mean it would be in the country a week or two before that - so the back end of August... You can see what I'm thinking can't you...? 

It comes off the boat and BANG - given a 23 plate right before the change and then I'm expected to be all happy to collect a 23 plate car in early September!!😠 Oh believe me, if that trick is tried to be pulled on me after almost 15 months of waiting and the issues I've had to deal with over the lack of updates/communication throughout - words will be had...and that's putting it VERY politely. 

As I said, I've told the salesperson three times since March if it ends up arriving in July/August - I'll wait until September for the new plate. It's something I've made an actual point in mentioning in each of those text messages/conversations.  

22 hours ago, imgo said:

Is the registration date really that important these days? I took delivery of my IS300h on the 15th August 2013, I could have waited another 2 weeks for the newer registration date, but as I intended to keep the car for 8 years it would not make much difference really. Now 10 years on I still have it for about another 6 weeks until my NX350h Takumi arrives mid July ish.

I know some people don't care and that's fine, but I personally still do. I usually swap my cars after three years and for me, especially after so long in waiting (like your goodself - even longer than me!), I think it's only fair you're given the longest time possible with a new plate unless you state otherwise. I would genuinely feel well and truly 'cheated' if I found out it arrived a little early and had already been registered before the plate-change without my knowledge. If I wasn't bothered - I'd have bought myself an ex-demo and not paid full price on a 'new' car that literally only has the latest plate for a matter of a few weeks - if that.

At this point, with my estimated date (car to be at the dealer) given as 4th September - I'd rather it arrive later in the month and I'll extend the outgoing contract on my UX for a month to cover those few extra weeks. 

22 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

Absolutely it's important for me, after waiting for a year and 5 month's 73 will look so much better then a 23, I know after 6 months they'll be a 24 plate, but after waiting for so long, I deserve it, I need it, I want the 73 Plate 🤣🤣

That's exactly my way of thinking! With the plates changing twice a year, I've always tried my best to pick up as close to early March/September as possible. I'm not bothered about 'new plate day' any more - but I would certainly prefer to pick up on those particular months.

I've once picked up a new car in May, rather than March, because that was a pre-registered car that was almost exactly what I was looking for and about to order to get that September... I stomached that (and was given a reasonable discount for it being pre-reg) and was willing to do that again with this NX - as my original estimated date was May. I'd have accepted that.

The latest I've picked up a car into a plate-run was Christmas Eve (so well over three months in...) and some of that was down to dealer logistics as I was initially told back end of November. Knowing I was annoyed by that and how fussy I am when it comes to getting a car towards the start of a plate-run, they basically threw in a few accessories (extra set of mats, boot liner, roof rails...) and a half-price first service. That was even before I said anything, to be fair to them.  

22 hours ago, HMT said:

Gary, this is my car as it arrived at the dealership, straight off the transporter, with the number plate on and still with the various protective covers, the car was actually registered with DVLA a few days later !

not sure if dealership tell Derby the reg, or if Derby pick it - as all reg numbers are regional ?  But either way it arrives with number plate on

IMG_0753.jpeg

All plates are indeed regional-based. I can only assume Derby give them the location where they're heading to. If they didn't do this, the NX's at Derby would all begin 'F's and the Portishead/Avonmouth ones would be later 'W's for Bristol.

I wonder if they have the templates for all the dealer location/names which go at the bottom of the plate? Very interesting nevertheless... 

1 hour ago, RXtoNX said:

I have ended 2 PCP loans with Lexus/Toyota finance within the first month and only been charged 1 month interest, the most recent Aug last year. Also the same with the wife’s Mazda.

Just call them after 2 weeks and say you want a settlement figure. If your loan conditions do not show an ERC penalty then they any charge one. 

Some people adviced me to settle the loan within 14 days and the company would only charge a few days worth of interest. I just don't know if that only applies to their specific finance company.

2 hours ago, DC__ said:

Some people adviced me to settle the loan within 14 days and the company would only charge a few days worth of interest. I just don't know if that only applies to their specific finance company.

That would depend on the finance company, in particular at what point they charge the interest.
TBH I couldn’t be bothered to argue about 1 months interest keeping in mind the overall saving in the PCP deals we had with deposit contributions.

• Like 1

Ordered on 24/04/23,

Just got the following email from my dealer

Just a quick delivery update for you. Unfortunately, our tracking system is having a bit of a meltdown but from what I can see, it looks like we're still on track for September / October. I will let you know how things progress and if this is to change.

Let’s hope it doesn’t change too much, looking forward my new car

13 minutes ago, Gaazzared said:

Ordered on 24/04/23,

Just a quick delivery update for you. Unfortunately, our tracking system is having a bit of a meltdown but from what I can see, it looks like we're still on track for September / October. I will let you know how things progress and if this is to change.

Wow, that is quick delivery from order, just 5 or 6 months !, mine will be 17 months when I get it next month.

2 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

we're still on track for September / October. 

What year? Sorry could not resist . Good news for you and those who have ordered more recently  

Ordered on 24/04/23,

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you but that does sound like dealer bullshine to me. I hope & pray that I’m wrong

On 5/30/2023 at 9:09 PM, Gary H said:

I'm surprised to hear it arrived with a number plate on. Every dealer I've dealt with (Lexus and non-Lexus) have always registered the car once it physically arrives at the dealer. The only exceptions I've known to this is if it's been a fleet vehicle and registered as part of a batch before they're transported to where they need to be. 

I saw a post in one of the NX groups on Facebook yesterday with a photo of a car transporter purportedly leaving the Derby PDI centre (so I assume on route to the dealerships) loaded up with new NXs and these did not have number plates on them. If the transporter was indeed leaving Derby then this would suggest that the plates don't get fitted until the cars reach the dealer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andy B said:

I saw a post in one of the NX groups on Facebook yesterday with a photo of a car transporter purportedly leaving the Derby PDI centre (so I assume on route to the dealerships) loaded up with new NXs and these did not have number plates on them. If the transporter was indeed leaving Derby then this would suggest that the plates don't get fitted until the cars reach the dealer.

My NX has now arrived at the dealership and they are registering it and fitting plates.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

Ordered on 24/04/23,

I must say, I am genuinely surprised (and impressed) at how quickly the dealer you're dealing with is managing to get that to you. All I am assume is that supply issues really are genuinely beginning to be resolved at long last or there's some 'string pulling' from the dealer going on behind the scenes somewhere. I don't think I've come across anyone here to get the current NX in that short space of time.

I think the shortest time I've read so far (unless I've overlooked a post...) was about eight months and that was when the model was first launched.

16 hours ago, imgo said:

Wow, that is quick delivery from order, just 5 or 6 months !, mine will be 17 months when I get it next month.

I know! Your goodself (and I'm sure there's one other!) are the only two I've known to have had to wait longer than me. If my estimated date of 4th September remains in place - I'll be closing in on 14 and a half months. I'm suspecting it'll be at the 15 month mark, personally. 

I only hope Lexus dealers acknowledge people like ourselves who have had these extended waits for fundamentally the same car. I'm certainly not holding my breath though. It seems, my dealer at least, are just 'shrugging their shoulders' when you advise them over people waiting 4/5/6 months less... It's left quite the sour taste in my mouth when it comes to dealing with not just the dealer, but Lexus as a company in future. 

39 minutes ago, Andy B said:

That's quite relieving to hear! 

I forgot to mention in my last post that I'm sure I've seen unregistered stock (obviously customer's cars which have not long arrived in) at my local dealer. They put them at the back corner of the car park which can be seen from the road. I did see four or five NX's in a row there around six-ish weeks ago (I posted about them on this thread...) and I'm reasonably sure, from memory, none of them had plates on. 

I remember on the day I ordered my NX, the salesperson was chatting to me about a customer's car which had not long arrived in (obviously he must have ordered his very early...) and I'm sure he said the customer didn't want it registering for another two months, so it was sitting 'gathering dust' at the back of their lot. With all this talk on already registering / number plates e.t.c. it's just brought it back to mind.

17 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

Ordered on 24/04/23,

You surely aren't in the UK? If so, how have you managed you get such a quick delivery? Our salesman told us no orders for NX at all in UK for 2023?

I ordered my 450h in late September 2021 and it was delivered to the dealership in Feb 2022. They kept it for March 22 registration.

1 hour ago, Deb said:

You surely aren't in the UK? If so, how have you managed you get such a quick delivery? Our salesman told us no orders for NX at all in UK for 2023?

I don't know if the situation has changed but I remember, only relatively recently, that any orders placed now, you'd be looking at Q2 2024 at the earliest. However, that's on the 350h, rather than the 450h. 

I do find it rather odd that the 450h orders do seem to be moving notably more quickly through the queue than the cheaper 350h - and that's been the case for some time from what I can decipher. I am rather cynically-minded about this but I think I've exhausted most 'moans' about this over several months!

I can only assume to receive one so quickly is that it's either a 450h and/or they know of a cancellation of the same spec that's working it's way though the backlog. 

34 minutes ago, Ken R said:

I ordered my 450h in late September 2021 and it was delivered to the dealership in Feb 2022. They kept it for March 22 registration.

If I'm lucky, that could be a situation I'm facing - it's estimated for 4th September at the dealer - but of course could be a little sooner or a little later, depending on the logistics. 

I've already stated on three occasions to the salesperson that if it does indeed turn up at some point in August, hold it back until September for the '73' plate. Whilst I know I've groaned about how slow it's taken for my order to finally enter 'in build', adding a few weeks to upwards of a 14 month wait already is neither here nor there for me. I'd rather wait the extra few weeks for the new plate. 

Obviously if it turns up at some point in September instead - fair enough, no worries. 👍

I originally ordered back in March NX350H with premium pack and the order was placed estimated delivery was going to December. 
Got a email in April to say delivery has been brought forward to October. 
I asked if I could change the spec on my car because when I went on Lexus website it let you select the following option, NX350H AWD, with premier pack and Lexus Link Pro and was only going to be an extra £1000 but when they tried to change the order there system it wasn’t  letting them put in the configuration as there website. 
in the end I had to cancel my order and place a new one, but to get the 14” display and Lexus link pro I had to change to MY24 spec and order with electric front seats. 

It's getting closer, A call from the dealer about the price of mud flaps for my NX450 and he also said no nearer with a date but I now have a reg number. So one day soon or soonish .

4 hours ago, Gaazzared said:

I originally ordered back in March NX350H with premium pack and the order was placed estimated delivery was going to December. 
Got a email in April to say delivery has been brought forward to October. 
I asked if I could change the spec on my car because when I went on Lexus website it let you select the following option, NX350H AWD, with premier pack and Lexus Link Pro and was only going to be an extra £1000 but when they tried to change the order there system it wasn’t  letting them put in the configuration as there website. 
in the end I had to cancel my order and place a new one, but to get the 14” display and Lexus link pro I had to change to MY24 spec and order with electric front seats. 

I'm confused? Did you order in March of this year? If so, how are you getting your vehicle so quickly? We ordered NX350H Premium pack with Lexus link pro and Electric seats back in September 22. Our delivery is now pushed back to October this year at earliest?

My first order was placed back end of March 2023
When I changed my order to get the spec I wanted it was placed first week in April 2023 and was estimated for delivery in December. Then got an email from my dealer on the 24th April to say it has came forward a bit to October 2023. 
And now I got a email yesterday saying delivery is still looking like September/October. 
My updated order had to be put through as a MY24 spec and I ended up paying a bit more than originally planned. 

image.thumb.png.7d39be14e13fa8c5cb25dd5404c890a8.png

My first order was placed back end of March 2023
When I changed my order to get the spec I wanted it was placed first week in April 2023 and was estimated for delivery in December. Then got an email from my dealer on the 24th April to say it has came forward a bit to October 2023. 
And now I got a email yesterday saying delivery is still looking like September/October. 
My updated order had to be put through as a MY24 spec and I ended up paying a bit more than originally planned. 

image.thumb.png.7d39be14e13fa8c5cb25dd5404c890a8.png

Are you in the UK? If you are, I'm really confused now! According to our salesman, no orders being taken at all for 23. How you have managed to order one so recently and have an estimated delivery of September this year is baffling?! We have been waiting since September 22 with ETA or October 23.

I just cant understand how your seemly skipping the queue?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links