Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Permission To View Topic

Rabbers

I just saw a message to the effect that I am no longer permitted to view the “What’s The Problem With Conspiracy Theories” thread.  Don’t know why that should be.  Is there a conspiracy afoot?

• Haha 7

The thread was taken off by the Administration because they received too many complaints. 

I contacted them asking why they took my thread down.

Unfortunately, due to several complaints about some of the topic content, the post has been locked and hidden until we can find a resolution to the disputes.

That was their reply to my email to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Unfortunately, due to several complaints about some of the topic content, the post has been locked and hidden until we can find a resolution to the disputes.

They're clearly playing for time, as they know the covid vaccine will have finished us all off by then 🙂

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Unfortunately, due to several complaints about some of the topic content

Not complaints about conspiracies, surely?  
In my relatively recent experience of the LOC, the main offence seems to be straying from the topic.  At least that did not appear to be the case here.

So perhaps the complainer(s) would care to explain the complaint -   and why it was not expressed on the thread itself.

52 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

The thread was taken off by the Administration because they received too many complaints. 

So it wasn’t a Russian hacker attack then?

55 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

The thread was taken off by the Administration because they received too many complaints

So you say, We only have your word!!

7 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Antony. The word came from Administration not me.

I think Anthony meant his comment as a conspiracy-related joke😉

I doubt it’ll be the last…. 

2 hours ago, LenT said:

I think Anthony meant his comment as a conspiracy-related joke😉

I doubt it’ll be the last…. 

I’d like to be the first to say a hearty welcome and hail to our new alien overlords!

Oh no, I’ve said too much…please, no! AAAARRRRGH!

Message ends.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

I’d like to be the first to say a hearty welcome and hail to our new alien overlords!

Oh no, I’ve said too much…please, no! AAAARRRRGH!

Message ends.

I bet you regret mocking David Icke now!

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

Oh no, I’ve said too much

Everyone does from time to time  ...........  Cest Le Vie

( but not me. of course not me ..........  I'm having a Conspiracy Theory all of my own now ) 🤩

C'mon guys, cheer up, it may never happen  ..  let's simply get back to Forum Posts about our cars eh ! .....  make everyone happy

Malc

• Like 1

oh dear, they've closed down the other posts too about Germany breaking the 2035 ban ................  tut tut .  now then ......... Big Bro taking a stick to beat all you miscreants ............

now then  BEHAVE   or else

Malc

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

..  let's simply get back to Forum Posts about our cars eh ! .....  make everyone happy

Of course, we could always combine the two and reveal conspiracies relating to automotive activities….

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/6-automotive-conspiracy-theories-you-should-know-and-maybe-believe

13 minutes ago, LenT said:

and reveal conspiracies relating to automotive activities….

BUT  this is a Lexus Forum  !

Malc

50 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

BUT  this is a Lexus Forum  !

Malc

And it seems that this is not the first time that the LOC has shown an interest in conspiracies….

• Haha 1

Yes Malc this IS a Lexus forum. It has however a section to input none car related subjects. So basically the administration of this forum has either changed or has new members who are 'strict ' in what can be posted. So much for free speech eh!

• Like 5

I have a conspiracy - Cows are man made cos you never find them in the wild. Always in someone’s farm or something along those lines. Secondly, why do humans drink cow milk? Aren’t we supposed to stop drinking milk around 18months after birth? Is what we consume even actual milk? These questions were raised at a conference organised by Dr Neoteny in the amazon forests last year 😃

When this is happening along with everything else it's still a conspiracy.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/scottish-news/mad-green-plan-30mph-speed-29629787?utm_source=newsshowcase&utm_medium=discover&utm_campaign=CCwqGQgwKhAIACoHCAowi76vCzCYyccDMMO8sgEwjfPHAQ&utm_content=bullets

My Engineering judgement, 15 odd years of experience and my countless degrees and a master's say's climate change and net zero is all hogwash and it's pretty obvious that scores of people are basically brainwashed.

The fact that so many words are even blacklisted speaks volumes then we have every second thread on anything to do with whatever is happening is closed off.

My Subaru was leaking coolant last week and I was dreading the worst, the end of my seven year friendship.. I was even browsing for 4.2 Jags, it was a worrying time, then I saw an Oil cooler crossover pipe had failed, never was I so glad to see a leak. There's something enjoyable and pleasing about driving a car with such mechanical and analogue features which gives a feel good factor that modern cars just cannot replicate.

This is an animation that sums it all up, what I am struggling with is the constant conspiracy jibes, there was actually a meeting in Rio in 1992 to discuss how the future will be, am I missing something here or was that meeting fabricated.

https://youtu.be/vWkepoLUZfs

1 hour ago, toffee_pie said:

My Engineering judgement, 15 odd years of experience and my countless degrees and a master's say's climate change and net zero is all hogwash and it's pretty obvious that scores of people are basically brainwashed.

How many degrees do you have, that despite being an engineer, you cannot count them? 😜  

The problem (for me) is twofold: firstly, some people point at The Environment as a reason for doing something when the reality is that particular thing won't really help. Secondly, people seeing that sort of thing and declaring "well, if that one bit is hogwash then it is ALL hogwash".

You need to look at each thing on its own merits.

Manmade climate change is there. We know what we've been burning since the Industrial Revolution, we can predict what the likely effects are on the climate and have been doing so for decades, and there has been a measurable change.

However, slowing the motorway down past a massively polluting steelworks is ****** in the wind (although I suspect that particular one is more to do with local air quality. Still ****** in the wind though!) Some idiot coming up with that as an idea, or putting a buslane on the M4 etc does not invalidate the fact that man-made climate change has been happening and will continue to happen so long as mankind carries on with the current set of industrial processes.

Climate science throws up some interesting stuff from time to time; I remember reading a paper demonstrating an increase in lead levels in Arctic ice due to a sudden increase in silver mining across Europe (particularly in the British Isles) in the middle ages. It's not just grumpy people telling you you aren't allowed a V8 anymore.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links