Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How they handover a Lexus NX in Japan…

The happiest looking person amidst all the bowing seemed to be the little hopping midget---he was mighty pleased with his Dinky car.I suspect he may have overdosed on his e numbers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

An interesting fact is that to purchase a new car in Japan if you live in a major city is that you have to have prove you have access to an off road parking space either owned or rented as part of the registration process.

This keeps the roads clear for their original purpose I.e. driving along them unlike the UK where they are used mainly for parking.

• Like 1

Hi Andyml

Thats customer service - !! Somehow i don't think that Japanese Lexus drivers would have the same issues we do - aka frozen doors, non operational fuel lids, short lived 12v batteries, et cetera 

35 minutes ago, JHRyan said:

Hi Andyml

Thats customer service - !! Somehow i don't think that Japanese Lexus drivers would have the same issues we do - aka frozen doors, non operational fuel lids, short lived 12v batteries, et cetera 

Do you think they make 2 different models? One for polite people and one for us barbarians! Happy that all CT were made in Japan.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steve2006 said:

An interesting fact is that to purchase a new car in Japan if you live in a major city is that you have to have prove you have access to an off road parking space either owned or rented as part of the registration process.

This keeps the roads clear for their original purpose I.e. driving along them unlike the UK where they are used mainly for parking.

That’s my understanding too….parking space is at a premium in the densely populated cities. My wife is Japanese and I’ve made many visits. I also understand that with their version of the MOT at two years old the car needs to be presented at the testing station in the condition in which it was sold…ie stock! Many Japanese certainly used to change cars at that time…

4 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

If this is not a promotion for Japanese peoples culture, then we are barbarians needing to learn how to be polite.

Sweet and happy little boy.

There’s much we could learn from the Japanese - pride in workmanship, very high standards of cleanliness and respect for others in general. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Do you think they make 2 different models? One for polite people and one for us barbarians! Happy that all CT were made in Japan.

Glad that my Lexii (?) we’re built in Fukuoka and Toyohashi respectively…not Canada. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Exactly. And thats also the origin of Kei Cars, not longer than3.4 and wider than 1.48 mtrs. 

Great vid and all about feelgood and putting the customer first. Not expensive for a dealer to do but it makes the customer feel welcome and important. I really cant remember when they did wave me goodbye in my new car including 2 lexus. Mostly its here are the keys need your signature here are some flowers ( no more wine did anyone notice?) and i have 10 mins for some smalltalk. The current cars are so complicated in tech that the infotainment alone could take well over an hour to explain.

Another thing almost free of charge for any dealer. Contact your customer to see if all well some days after he or she collected the car. Never ever happened to me? Why not?

Putting customers first in any organisation is a way of thinking and in most cases is just an afterthought. This vid shows a great way of doing it. However, could be culturally influenced as well with Japan beeing the most polite country in the world? 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Great vid and all about feelgood and putting the customer first. Not expensive for a dealer to do but it makes the customer feel welcome and important. I really cant remember when they did wave me goodbye in my new car including 2 lexus. Mostly its here are the keys need your signature here are some flowers ( no more wine did anyone notice?) and i have 10 mins for some smalltalk. The current cars are so complicated in tech that the infotainment alone could take well over an hour to explain.

Another thing almost free of charge for any dealer. Contact your customer to see if all well some days after he or she collected the car. Never ever happened to me? Why not?

Putting customers first in any organisation is a way of thinking and in most cases is just an afterthought. This vid shows a great way of doing it. However, could be culturally influenced as well with Japan beeing the most polite country in the world? 

No more wine and? Was wine ever supposed to be good with cars? Tobacco is forbidden many places now. Alcohol is far worse, but the politicians are regularly seen with glasses in hand, so that will never happen.

Alcohol is good to clean wounds. I know. Have been riding downhill bike a long time.

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Japan enjoys very high standards of customer service and respect…everyone who even pops in to a Japanese shop will by welcomed with an ”Irashaimase” from staff…. 

Well I doubt that I will be welcome this way in a few days...

I will have to go through the return process of my current car (which includes a long tour / debate on the bodywork and interior state plus form filling -3 times the same).
I've heard of complimentary basket with nice edible stuff to eat and drink in some dealerships (after all we are in France, let us keep the one thing that still works in this troubled country). I do however hope to skip the red gift ribbon which looks quite awkward.

I will keep you posted on my experience.

• Like 1

'Customer service' in UK from most of the big companies is generally pretty deplorable at the moment, especially if you need help and assistance (as opposed to Sales). Having said that, I was very happy with my handover from Lexus Edinburgh. I wasn't rushed, despite it being the first day of the new 72 plate registrations. The cakes and coffee weren't as luxurious as the Japanese ones in the video (but were nice enough) and my freebies were limited to a couple of bottles of Lexus labelled water and a Lexus pen. Not as generous as the hamper I got with my last new car but, hey, they're free extras and I now have a nice pen that I didn't have before. I was contacted after a week or so to see how things were going. Overall a very good. but not exceptional. experience.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2023 at 10:16 AM, steve2006 said:

I wonder if you receive the same respect and gifts when your car arrives here? 😀

Just as satisfying as watching one being built I reckon….typically thorough Japanese workforce. 

16 hours ago, Andyml said:

Just as satisfying as watching one being built I reckon….typically thorough Japanese workforce. 

I did....almost.
Coffee, nibbles, taken into the hand over lounge. No red carpet here they had a mirrored floor so you can see how immaculately clean the car is underneath.
Got shown round the car inside and out, sign the papers, photos take of me with the car outside, hand shakes, small talk then drive away. 'Twas a pleasant afternoon it was.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2023 at 1:28 PM, steve2006 said:

A law that should exist here or at least one that states 'If you have an off-road parking space then it must be used'. Far too many houses have an empty drive but cars parked on pavements in our area. And another thing...(I'm really starting-up now), why are there so many vans and commercial vehicles on private housing developments? I'm wiling to bet that they have a covenant in their deeds but who cares about that? And why build a five bed house with two parking spaces? Obvious what's going to happen when the little darlings reach 17! And on and on and on....

I do have a great respect for the Japanese though, apart from WWII of course! Maybe I shouldn't mention the war! Great place to buy low mileage imports from. RHD to start with and well cared for. I had a Mitsubishi FTO when I was younger. Fantastic car imho.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2023 at 8:27 PM, Andyml said:

Glad that my Lexii (?) we’re built in Fukuoka and Toyohashi respectively…not Canada. 

The plural of “Lexus” is “Lexuses.” The brand name isn’t derived from Latin, contrary to popular belief, but was an invention of the Toyota Motor Corporation.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links