Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cancel and buy BMW / Audi

29 minutes ago, Lmafudd said:

Apologies if this is covered but there's a lot to read here.

If you agree a purchase and agree a trade-in price for your old car is that value guaranteed? My Old NX appeared ro drop from 21k to just under 18k in the last twelve months I owned it and I am interested to know who bears the burden?

I placed my order July 2022 and the dealer has guaranteed my trade in price as the delivery date has dropped back so many times from the original date given by them.

12 hours ago, Fusspot said:

Interesting; can you please detail the precise steps you've gone through to achieve this?

I hate the fact this lane trace assist feature is mandated (every restart) through EU legislation here in the UK. Specifically, Lexus has a different manufacturing line for RH drive vehicles, so why can't the software defaults be different to the rest of the EU?

Hi, no guarantees, as I’ve not had sufficient opportunities to test this out yet…but this is my attempt :-

With the car running, I went into the settings menu, Driving Assist, Driver Support, and changed the Curve speed reduction from med to off. Underneath this same option it lists Lane Departure Alert System.

I have changed the Alert Options from Vibrate to Beep.

No guarantee that it has worked, but maybe worth a shot!

IMG_1199.thumb.jpeg.4e514087999a1b0cbaa915fae92341fd.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lmafudd said:

If you agree a purchase and agree a trade-in price for your old car is that value guaranteed? My Old NX appeared ro drop from 21k to just under 18k in the last twelve months I owned it and I am interested to know who bears the burden?

My understanding is that they will review the price when your new car arrives.

My trade-in price was NOT guaranteed (unfortunately).

It would be worth having the conversation with your dealer and hopefully they will give you a fair trade-in price to make up for the delay.  

On 5/6/2023 at 7:21 PM, rafarules said:

My dealer did mention the delays for the Takumi packaged cars were ongoing.

That's the model I have on order. A Takumi in Terrane Khaki, with the Hazel interior and panoramic roof. The dealer hasn't told me anything with regards to this trim level having ongoing issues, but this certainly isn't the first time I've heard of this being mentioned on here...

On 5/7/2023 at 8:28 AM, Lmafudd said:

My salesman hasn’t even looked at my UX250h for a valuation on trade-in yet. Right from the outset when I ordered the NX, he said it would be pointless as he could only hold the valuation given on it for three months. I know I'm currently in positive equity with it, judging from used prices, but whether that'll remain the case when the time comes is anyone's guess. The only price guarantee I've been given was the price on my order. I'm amongst those who's prices were fortunately locked - which I believe is no longer the case and hasn't been for quite some time. 

7 minutes ago, Gary H said:

That's the model I have on order. A Takumi in Terrane Khaki, with the Hazel interior and panoramic roof. The dealer hasn't told me anything with regards to this trim level having ongoing issues, but this certainly isn't the first time I've heard of this being mentioned on here...

Well If I am correct Takumi trim goes with Mark & Levinson Audio and this particular option is on a very short supply... In France Lexus has chosen to "cut out" the M&L sound system option from its configurator until further notice 

19 hours ago, Gary H said:

My salesman hasn’t even looked at my UX250h for a valuation on trade-in yet. Right from the outset when I ordered the NX, he said it would be pointless as he could only hold the valuation given on it for three months. I know I'm currently in positive equity with it, judging from used prices, but whether that'll remain the case when the time comes is anyone's guess. The only price guarantee I've been given was the price on my order. I'm amongst those who's prices were fortunately locked - which I believe is no longer the case and hasn't been for quite some time. 

I sold my car using Carwow rather than accept the part-ex price offered by Lexus (and BMW). I'm glad I did as I raked in an extra  £3k!

21 hours ago, NiCoRe said:

Well If I am correct Takumi trim goes with Mark & Levinson Audio and this particular option is on a very short supply... In France Lexus has chosen to "cut out" the M&L sound system option from its configurator until further notice 

I apologise up front for this post and I don't want to sound like a pendantic ***** (though I know i am sounding like it) but it's Mark

Levinson not Mark & Levinson. It's just 1 person.

Mark Levinson is an American high-end audio equipment brand established in 1972 by eponymous founder Mark Levinson.

Well Thank you Robert.

Rest assured you do not sound like a pedantic *****.🙃

Pretty sure that we'll change the world one ampersand at a time 

40 minutes ago, robby666 said:

I apologise up front for this post and I don't want to sound like a pendantic ***** (though I know i am sounding like it) but it's Mark

Levinson not Mark & Levinson. It's just 1 person.

Mark Levinson is an American high-end audio equipment brand established in 1972 by eponymous founder Mark Levinson.

It is all good information 😀 

To be honest, I had never heard of Mark Levinson (until recently).

1 minute ago, Scotlex said:

It is all good information 😀 

I have had the ML system in my IS300h for the last ten years, the sound quality is incredible at any volume. It has 15 speakers and 835 Watts of audio power. I am listening to music again like it's for the first time, hearing notes, sounds, frequencies etc that I never knew existed when I originally heard the tracks/albums many moons ago.

Looking forward to my NX350h Takumi with it's ML system, 17 speakers and 1,800 Watts, total bliss.

4 minutes ago, imgo said:

I have had the ML system in my IS300h for the last ten years, the sound quality is incredible at any volume. It has 15 speakers and 835 Watts of audio power. I am listening to music again like it's for the first time, hearing notes, sounds, frequencies etc that I never knew existed when I originally heard the tracks/albums many moons ago.

Looking forward to my NX350h Takumi with it's ML system, 17 speakers and 1,800 Watts, total bliss.

Sounds good 😀

I have heard of Bose and Burmester.

As the weather improves so does my mpg on a 30 mile countryside dash.

2021 Lexus AWD on same journey 38 mpg.

The AVS suspension was smoother over the potholed landscape but the Cross Trailing Arms are the equal of any non AVS Lexus.

Chuffed

Tel

IMG_0035.jpeg

On 5/9/2023 at 12:32 PM, Scotlex said:

Mark Levinson make home audio so good that I will not say if it is as good as or better than Quad (good old UK brand).

We've finally had news that our new VW Golf has just landed in the UK after 18 months!

So its not just Lexus that are struggling with the deliveries of cars. BMW/Audi also have quite significant delays but it is all model dependent.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 3:54 PM, Scotlex said:

Has anyone cancelled their order and bought a car that doesn't have such a long wait for delivery?

I had totally different story .  I want to buy a Audi PHEV SUV , unfortunately Audi told me that I have to wait 10 months.

Then I change my mind to consider BMW, they also told me that no stock and wait a few month.

At the end, I bought NX because Lexus had stock car. May be I am so lucky.

If anyone is thinking going full EV and has deep pockets I suspect there will be RZ 450e’s available as people who ordered without a test drive or car range  may be cancelling. The demo at my dealers turned up on the same ship as my car. 

• Like 1

That reminds me... I tried three(?) times last year to get a test drive of an NX350h - but there never was a demo at our dealer to try. There was a NX450h there for quite a while, but that was always booked out, so I gave up in the end. It's the only time I've ordered a car which I've never test driven the model first. 

In 2004 I ordered a Volvo XC90 on personal lease without a test drive as I thought 'it can't be bad as it's a Volvo', and to be fair it was a great car for 4 years.

7 hours ago, Gary H said:

That reminds me... I tried three(?) times last year to get a test drive of an NX350h - but there never was a demo at our dealer to try. There was a NX450h there for quite a while, but that was always booked out, so I gave up in the end. It's the only time I've ordered a car which I've never test driven the model first. 

There were and by the time I picked un my car 4 weeks ago no 350h on display or avalaible for test drive at my delearship. Lexus France marketing efforts were and are still focused on the 450h+. 

I test drove a 450h+ which was set in hv only mode to « emulate » the 350h 😊

nothing uncommun in France. I was not able to test the powertrain of my ex Passat either. Call that a l’eau of faith 

It seems to be a similar situation here in the UK – certainly in the North West. I’ve seen several 450h’s knocking around the two dealers I know -which I’m assuming are demos as they’re registered and in the car park. I’ve only seen two 350h’s. The one I sat in at the dealer a year ago and subsequently ordered the same spec - and there was a standard model sat in front of it. Other than that, I’ve only ever seen 450h’s either in the showroom or inside the dealerships. 

I’m not overly bothered by the lack of a test drive to be honest. I just wonder how many others haven’t been able to drive one either! 

The only 350h (Payne grey and palomino with all the bells & whistles)  have ever seen belongs to my second floor neighbor who has ordered id as soon as it was announced by Lexus. He had to wait 8 months nevertheless

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links