Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• 1 month later...

I do regret not ordering mine with the protection pack, as I do have it on my UX (known as the 'Adventure Pro Pack' back then...). I'll likely be looking online over the coming weeks to see what I can find before I finally collect it. I'm not so fussed about the mudflaps. It's mainly the rubber boot mat and the rubber floor mats

I’ll be resorting to the likes of eBay and amazon, so I'm open to suggestions.

11 hours ago, Gary H said:

I do regret not ordering mine with the protection pack, as I do have it on my UX (known as the 'Adventure Pro Pack' back then...). I'll likely be looking online over the coming weeks to see what I can find before I finally collect it. I'm not so fussed about the mudflaps. It's mainly the rubber boot mat and the rubber floor mats. 

I’ll be resorting to the likes of eBay and Amazon, so I'm open to suggestions.

Try eBay, as Lexus do have an official parts store on there. That's where I got my mud flaps from for my Gen-1 NX, cheaper that through the dealer and when my car was in for the first 6 months health check I asked them to fit them. They did and FOC too!

• Like 1

I bought my NX boot liner (made of flexible plastic material) from the official Lexus Parts Store on eBay. It cost £99 but there are alternative non original liners available from other suppliers for half that cost.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 9:17 AM, Eggie said:

Its worthwhile to have a look at Lexuspartsdirect.co.uk.

Tried them, it won't log me in, and when I ask for a password reset it locks me out of the whole webpage for 24 hours.
Not too helpful when trying to spend money with them.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

Tried them, it won't log me in, and when I ask for a password reset it locks me out of the whole webpage for 24 hours.

I've tried spending money with them too, but find the site appalling to navigate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

Alex I have purchased stuff from them previously, they are a franchised Lexus dealer. You can just call them and order which is what I did. The parts are Lexus original parts and usually are similar in price to the official Lexus parts site on eBay.

15 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Alex I have purchased stuff from them previously, they are a franchised Lexus dealer. You can just call them and order which is what I did. The parts are Lexus original parts and usually are similar in price to the official Lexus parts site on ebay.

Yes of course I can call them, or email them, but that's not really the point. Their website should work correctly, as it doesn't I went elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Al D-Much said:

Yes of course I can call them, or email them, but that's not really the point. Their website should work correctly, as it doesn't I went elsewhere.

It's worked flawlessly for me every time I've bought from them ..

• 5 weeks later...

With autumn and winter (and therefore wetter weather) on the horizon I am considering ordering a set of mud flaps for my NX350h. My main reason is to (hopefully) reduce the amount of muck and spray that collects around the tailgate area and rear bumper.

May I ask others on here (who have mud flaps fitted to their NX) whether they are useful in this specific regard.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Andy B said:

With autumn and winter (and therefore wetter weather) on the horizon I am considering ordering a set of mud flaps for my NX350h. My main reason is to (hopefully) reduce the amount of muck and spray that collects around the tailgate area and rear bumper.

May I ask others on here (who have mud flaps fitted to their NX) whether they are useful in this specific regard.

Thanks.

I have these fitted on my 450h and they definitely help to reduce the spray on the tailgate. Had them on my previous NX300h also. Both came as part of the protection pack. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ken R said:

I have these fitted on my 450h and they definitely help to reduce the spray on the tailgate. Had them on my previous NX300h also. Both came as part of the protection pack. 

I was thinking to cancel my order for flaps. I have had the car nearly 3 months and done over 2200 miles in that time and yet no news from Lexus about my order. Still love the car. 

Like Ken I had them fitted to mine as part of the protection pack for the 450 and the 300h before that.

in fact I have had them fitted to all my cars for more than 30 years

• Like 2

On 7/3/2023 at 5:10 PM, Bluemarlin said:

I think it's less about a shortage of parts and more about lack of demand for an expensively priced cheap plastic part. I suspect there's no shortage of supply on aliexpress or ebay, where you can get a set of mudflaps for anywhere between £20-50.

I think I paid £25 for mine, and they took about half an hour to fit.

No it isn’t.  You can’t get mudflaps for any Toyotas models before the end of the year.  Lexus seem a bit better off but that could be because they are using stock up.  

On 7/2/2023 at 9:59 AM, BillSt said:

I specifically said No to mudflats on my NX450+ Takumi order. May be different on my prior BMW but the extra wind noise and higher fuel consumption was not worth the slight reduction in cleaning time after ceramic coat.
Useful to get some base figures now for comparison then you may find you prefer to take them off after eventually getting them fitted. 😉 

I have good hearing and I’ve never once detected wind noise from mudflaps and I doubt that even with a fully instrumented car you’d detect any adverse effect on fuel consumption.  You’d use far more fuel carrying the weekly shopping home once a week and I’m not carrying that home to save two decimal places of fuel consumption either.  I’m committing this post to old wives tales despite the bold text.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Don C said:

I have good hearing and I’ve never once detected wind noise from mudflaps and I doubt that even with a fully instrumented car you’d detect any adverse effect on fuel consumption.  You’d use far more fuel carrying the weekly shopping home once a week and I’m not carrying that home to save two decimal places of fuel consumption either.  I’m committing this post to old wives tales despite the bold text.  

Agree 100%. It doesn't add to detectable wind noise and any increase in fuel consumption is negligible. Flaps definitely do help in keeping the car free of road muck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links