Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

locking wheel nuts

Thanks for the update @HMT. Much appreciated. 

If they’re only supplying cars delivered/collected from January, that would mean I probably won’t be seeing mine until roughly June 2024. Ouch. Hopefully things will speed up in the meantime. 

Having no owners manual, I have to admit, is something which does ‘sting’. My dealer couldn’t even be proactive enough to have my car in the Handover room on collection day - so there’s zero chance of them getting hold of an owners manual for me.

14 minutes ago, Gary H said:

If they’re only supplying cars delivered/collected from January, that would mean I probably won’t be seeing mine until roughly June 2024. Ouch. Hopefully things will speed up in the meantime.

My car landed at the dealership around early March this year although I only bought it in June (stock vehicle due to canceled order).

It already had locking wheel nuts but only one key, although the latter was supplied 1st August after receiving a campaign letter from Lexus UK in July.

So I'm not sure what the facts are

It stems from the switch to wheel bolts from wheel nuts. The first car to get them was the BZ4X & it had design issues with wheel bolts coming loose, they redesigned the regular wheel bolts but they never made new locking ones, so all new Toyota & Lexus that have bolts instead of nuts dont get a set of locking ones. I thought the locking ones would come but its been at least 16 months now & all the new Lexus models get bolts now with the exception of the ES, LC & UX which I guess will get the bolts when/if they do a full new model of those. Who the hell steals alloy wheels these days anyway I guess.

There have been many part shortages on owner manuals & some admin mistakes so a lot of NX got sent from the PDI without one. They get an owners manual now though. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

It stems from the switch to wheel bolts from wheel nuts. The first car to get them was the BZ4X & it had design issues with wheel bolts coming loose, they redesigned the regular wheel bolts but they never made new locking ones, so all new Toyota & Lexus that have bolts instead of nuts dont get a set of locking ones. I thought the locking ones would come but its been at least 16 months now & all the new Lexus models get bolts now with the exception of the ES, LC & UX which I guess will get the bolts when/if they do a full new model of those. Who the hell steals alloy wheels these days anyway I guess.

There have been many part shortages on owner manuals & some admin mistakes so a lot of NX got sent from the PDI without one. They get an owners manual now though. 

On Wednesday Lexus CS told me that the locking bolts were being re-engineered , which would tie in with your comments . 
they also said that a user guide should be delivered with the car - got a call from my dealership this afternoon to say they will post it out to me .

the paper version of the owner manual is the one that I initially queried, and told that this is not supplied as standard but will be provided on customer request - may take a few weeks.

I think from previous postings that some are confusing (not aware) of these being 2 different documents

20 hours ago, HMT said:

On Wednesday Lexus CS told me that the locking bolts were being re-engineered , which would tie in with your comments . 

So where does that leave us with the locking bolts that were installed on our car last week.?

This is a detailed bulletin I have obtained that Lexus UK sent to dealerships. Note that it states that MY22 and MY24 are different wheel bolts !! and they refer to LWN locking wheel nuts by mistake.

"The latest bulletin we got reads as follows

RX, RZ and NX MY24 will continue to be delivered without LWN.  Please ensure that you make your customers aware that the LWN will be supplied for later fitment.  When discussing this with your customers, please mention the following:

1. We have released their vehicle so that they can make an informed decision on whether to wait for the LWN to be fitted (currently no ETA), or to take the car now.

2. Give customers confidence that Lexus vehicles utilise a layered approach to security and these other systems mitigate against the risk of wheel theft (e.g. tilt sensors).

3. Thatcham are aware of this temporary measure and will retain the current Group Ratings, including the “E” performance with insurers, so no anticipated impact.

For NX, please do not try to fit the MY22 locking wheel nut to MY24 vehicles (Range Codes NP2 and NH9) as they are incompatible with a new factory wheel bolt design.

LWN will be auto-issued to Centres as soon as we receive stock from the supplier."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I'm a first time Lexus owner having picked up the car (450h+ f-Sport) last week. I found this forum when looking up why it had no locking wheel bolts!

Does anyone know where/how I find the range code of my car? It was ordered in Jan and manufactured in July/August as far as I can tell - bur re the last post does that make it an NP2 of NH9?

The user profile / Lexus Link+ setup is also driving me nuts so will be going off in search of a thread on that now too! 

Welcome to the forum @ijhammo! From my understanding (and if fellow members know better - please feel free to correct me), MY24 cars have different locking nuts than previous model years. Why they're different...? Who knows...

I collected my NX on 1st September and was basically told getting these locking wheel nuts (and my second key) could take...and I quote..."anything up to a year", with the shrug of the shoulders. I did deal with a particularly bad dealer though.

I'm trying to find suitable alternatives, away from dealing with Lexus, that I can purchase but so far I haven't had any luck. I would genuinely eat my own hat if my dealer ever got back in touch with me if they ever eventually turned up.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links