Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wax Polish.

cdmaskell

I understand that there are so many polishes to choose from.  I have tried various products, but Autosmart Luxury wax polish has come out the best for me.  Effortless to apply and remove.  Gives a glass like shine.  About £12 for 500ml.  I was recommended this product by classic car restorer.  He said if it is good enough for Romans in Banstead Surrey. ( They have multi million pounds of very, very top end vehicles stock for sale). It will be good enough for you Lexus!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cdmaskell said:

He said if it is good enough for Romans in Banstead Surrey….

Yes, they do polish up nicely.

IMG_1273.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

A combined abrasive polish with fillers to hide swirls and wax - I can certainly understand why a dealership would be using this, no matter how high end they are. Very similar to Autoglym SRP. Nothing especially wrong with that but the effects will wear off quicker than a multi stage treatment, especially as the fillers get washed away.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

My handbook specifically states not to use waxes that contain abrasives ...

If you have swirls then you have no choice if you want to correct it, but if not then definitely use a polish without abrasives. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Mincey said:

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Hail Lexius......................................................................................................................................................................................

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

If you have swirls then you have no choice if you want to correct it, but if not then definitely use a polish without abrasives. 

I suppose this is what the Lexus "self-healing" clear coat is meant to reduce/repair. Exposure to heat/sun activates the healing process, according to the handbook.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 10:11 AM, cdmaskell said:

Wish I hadn’t mentioned Romans now. Marvellous response from the “forum” Slave Lexius sends his regards to all.

Did you know.. That the Romans Very Rarely had a cold or the flu..The reason was that when they marched They sucked a silver coin in there mouth which extracted Collidal silver from the coin.. This had a beneficial effect on there immune system so colds were rare  Also salt.. They gargled there Throats with Salt and Vinegar and this is a proven way to reduce bacteria which gathers in the back of the throat.. i Do this every morning and ( Touch Wood ) haven,t had a cold or the flu in 25 Years..No Kidding.!!! So before you run of to the doc to get Amoxycillan /Fluxocillan try gargling your throat with some salt Water and apple cider vinegar ( Just a Spot ) and see if it helps YOU..Mind you have to keep doing it every six hours It just dose'nt work if you only try it Once...... It Certainly Worked for The Romans....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"try gargling your throat with some salt Water and apple cider vinegar "

Jesus, no wonder they were always out there trying to conquer the world. Started everyday in a real strop from gargling.

Reinforces the idea that some cures are worse than the problem they aim to cure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Did you know.. That the Romans Very Rarely had a cold or the flu..The reason was that when they marched They sucked a silver coin in there mouth which extracted Collidal silver from the coin.. This had a beneficial effect on there immune system so colds were rare  Also salt.. They gargled there Throats with Salt and Vinegar and this is a proven way to reduce bacteria which gathers in the back of the throat.. i Do this every morning and ( Touch Wood ) haven,t had a cold or the flu in 25 Years..No Kidding.!!! So before you run of to the doc to get Amoxycillan /Fluxocillan try gargling your throat with some salt Water and Apple cider vinegar ( Just a Spot ) and see if it helps YOU..Mind you have to keep doing it every six hours It just dose'nt work if you only try it Once...... It Certainly Worked for The Romans....

I always wondered what the Romans ever did for us? 🤣

• Haha 1

Wax off. 

Every time I see the word wax I am reminded of "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" and Humph Lyttelton speaking of Samantha who hands down some of his 7inch records to an elderly helper who takes off the dust and wax off 🤣🤣🤣

Pure filth, double-entendres at its very best 🥳

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links