Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shortcomings of NX 350H

Over 3 months ago I collected my new NX 350H but without second key, nuts key and all manuals. I am still waiting for any news on that and their only answer is that they have no idea when they will be available. And this is luxury car we are talking about...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Me 2023 said:

Over 3 months ago I collected my new NX 350H but without second key, nuts key and all manuals. I am still waiting for any news on that and their only answer is that they have no idea when they will be available. And this is luxury car we are talking about...

Same issue with most manufacturers actually. VW can't supply engine covers for some cars and all faulty parts are on back order for atleast 6 months 

Mercedes is still struggling to get cars out altogether and have made spec changes to accommodate

BMW have done the same. 

Just be patient, they'll turn up at some point. On a side note I don't think manuals come with the car anyway. Paper copies need to be requested and PDF versions are available online anyway.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Me 2023 said:

I think that the saga with the key fob and the locking wheel bolts (nuts) applies to everyone that has taken delivery of the various NX models over the last 3 to 4 months.

Like you I collected my NX450h over 3 months ago, told about the key fob during the paper work. The dealership claimed not to know about the locking wheel nuts!!!  - said we we will find out together when I was taken out to the car.  Told that they “hoped” that both would be resolved in qtr 3. Tolld by salesman that both would be posted out - when I queried this it was revised that I would have to take the car in

As to the owner manuals I was told that Lexus no longer provided printed versions and that I would need to download the PDF versions.

I have read various posts on here that suggest my dealership was mistaken? as some have said they have received paper copies on collection or have managed to get them later.

9 hours ago, rayaans said:

Same issue with most manufacturers actually. VW can't supply engine covers for some cars and all faulty parts are on back order for atleast 6 months 

Mercedes is still struggling to get cars out altogether and have made spec changes to accommodate

BMW have done the same. 

Just be patient, they'll turn up at some point. On a side note I don't think manuals come with the car anyway. Paper copies need to be requested and PDF versions are available online anyway.

Yes it's pretty widespread and I hear of 19 month waits for some Audi models to be delivered.

3 minutes ago, HMT said:

As to the owner manuals I was told that Lexus no longer provided printed versions and that I would need to download the PDF versions.

Sorry Harry, someone may have given you the wrong information as I got my NX450 30th June this year with the owners manual but without the fob and the locking wheel nuts (Bolts).  
We should all try and not let this crazy stupid world ruin for us what are great cars bloody expensive, but great cars. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, WhiteHart said:

Sorry Harry, someone may have given you the wrong information as I got my NX450 30th June this year with the owners manual but without the fob and the locking wheel nuts (Bolts).  
We should all try and not let this crazy stupid world ruin for us what are great cars bloody expensive, but great cars. 

Have written to Lexus customer services for their view.

you are right it is a great car - very please with it and we’ll worth the wait

18 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

I don't think they come with the owners manual as standard but the printed versions can be requested

Dealer might have done this for you already

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

I don't think they come with the owners manual as standard but the printed versions can be requested

Sorry, but it was definite no - I was told Lexus do not produce a paper version of owners manual, you have to download the PDF.

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

I do think some dealers are telling us stuff so they don’t have to bother. Once they have our money they can make it up or maybe Lexus is not telling them what is what and when and maybe. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, HMT said:

Sorry, but it was definite no - I was told Lexus do not produce a paper version of owners manual, you have to download the PDF.

So if I’ve understood this correctly, Lexus has created a full Manual in digital form which the customer has to download!

So they have completed the most demanding and expensive part of the process, but decided that a customer paying upwards of £40K is not worth printing it out for!

It strikes me that an enterprising Dealer - or anyone, frankly - could approach a Digital Printer with a view to having it printed out and bound as a hard copy.

Of course, this attitude isn’t new.  I did advertising for Minolta cameras and I recall launching a new digital camera which only cam with a multi language CD.  In those days, a CD would not have been that useful if you were out in a field!

Minolta said it was too expensive to produce a printed version for every camera.  But that was a camera only costing about £350.  

• Like 2

Very much relatable, @Me 2023. I’m only two weeks into owning my NX so obviously I’m not expecting the missing bits (locking wheel bolts and second key) to show up for mine any time soon. Given my experience with the dealer and their practically zero customer service during the waiting process, I honestly don’t hold up much hope of ever receiving them. I’m currently on the search for suitable locking bolts that’ll fit - without having to involve Lexus.

I’m heading down to Suffolk in a few weeks’ time for an overnight stay. I know where I have to park is getting on for half a mile away from the hotel. I can’t help that. It wouldn’t surprise me if walked back to the car the following morning to find it on bricks. 

A lack of an owners manual does seem rather stingy given the value of NX’s. Normally on collecting a new car I’ll sit in it with the manual out to learn the features I want to know about. Obviously that opportunity has been taken from me (and of course most others) this time around - so I’m literally pressing random things on the screen trying to find things out. As I said in another post the other day, I have no intentions on sitting in the car with the laptop on my lap. I appreciate it’s available on a PDF, but it’s not the same.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

This issue of user manuals is spreading to all sorts of products now. Just bought an expensive LG OLED TV. Only thing that came with it was a setup sheet. It has a vast array of settings, and although there is some explanation as you go through some of the settings the user guide is only available as an online download or access. This has also been the case with a recent washing machine purchase and a Bluetooth speaker purchase etc.

I think this must be the future where the manufacturers say they are saving the planet's trees for our grandkids sake

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

Very much relatable, @Me 2023. I’m only two weeks into owning my NX so obviously I’m not expecting the missing bits (locking wheel bolts and second key) to show up for mine any time soon. Given my experience with the dealer and their practically zero customer service during the waiting process, I honestly don’t hold up much hope of ever receiving them. I’m currently on the search for suitable locking bolts that’ll fit - without having to involve Lexus.

I’m heading down to Suffolk in a few weeks’ time for an overnight stay. I know where I have to park is getting on for half a mile away from the hotel. I can’t help that. It wouldn’t surprise me if walked back to the car the following morning to find it on bricks. 

A lack of an owners manual does seem rather stingy given the value of NX’s. Normally on collecting a new car I’ll sit in it with the manual out to learn the features I want to know about. Obviously that opportunity has been taken from me (and of course most others) this time around - so I’m literally pressing random things on the screen trying to find things out. As I said in another post the other day, I have no intentions on sitting in the car with the laptop on my lap. I appreciate it’s available on a PDF, but it’s not the same.

Gary, please see my posting in the locking wheel nuts tread for update on owner manual

QUOTE: I’m heading down to Suffolk in a few weeks’ time for an overnight stay. I know where I have to park is getting on for half a mile away from the hotel. I can’t help that. It wouldn’t surprise me if walked back to the car the following morning to find it on bricks. 

A few years back I had to change one of my tyres due to a slow puncture -   to my horror  the locking wheel nut was missing! The dealers PDI was rubbish. The mobile tyre fitter said that he has never known a wheel (s) being stolen from a car in his many years of experience. He said that locking wheel nuts were the bain of his life but if a thief wanted your wheels a locking wheel nut would not stop them. 

I accept there may be insurance implications if you do not have locking nuts and because so many people do have them, the wheel stealers have given up?

Your thoughts gentlemen?

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

This issue of user manuals is spreading to all sorts of products now. Just bought an expensive LG OLED TV. Only thing that came with it was a setup sheet. It has a vast array of settings, and although there is some explanation as you go through some of the settings the user guide is only available as an online download or access. This has also been the case with a recent washing machine purchase and a bluetooth speaker purchase etc.

I think this must be the future where the manufacturers say they are saving the planet's trees for our grandkids sake

Sadly this trend is adding to the demise of the Printing industry, where I spent my career.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

QUOTE: I’m heading down to Suffolk in a few weeks’ time for an overnight stay. I know where I have to park is getting on for half a mile away from the hotel. I can’t help that. It wouldn’t surprise me if walked back to the car the following morning to find it on bricks. 

A few years back I had to change one of my tyres due to a slow puncture -   to my horror  the locking wheel nut was missing! The dealers PDI was rubbish. The mobile tyre fitter said that he has never known a wheel (s) being stolen from a car in his many years of experience. He said that locking wheel nuts were the bain of his life but if a thief wanted your wheels a locking wheel nut would not stop them. 

I accept there may be insurance implications if you do not have locking nuts and because so many people do have them, the wheel stealers have given up?

Your thoughts gentlemen?

Lexus CS told me that they been in contact to ensure insurance premiums would not be impacted by the lack of locking wheel nuts  and that if wheels were stolen then  they would support the customer.

I got that from them on Wednesday this weeks, and at time .they also stated that no thefts have occurred.

While I am pursuing getting these fitted ASAP I have no great worries about parking away from home. ( live in Norfolk but have been as far north as North York moors, and south to Essex inc Suffolk 

19 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Your thoughts gentlemen?

I don't think it's a thing anymore, unless people are stealing particularly valuable wheels to order, in which case a locking wheel nut might not offer much protection but I'd also say it doesn't affect Lexus owners.

During the 80's and 90's the theft of alloy wheels was common - there was a market for them as low end models were only fitted with steel wheels. Now, almost all vehicles come with alloys so there just isn't a demand for second hand wheels.

But the specific issue here is the insurance industry, via Thatcham, still consider locking wheel nuts a security feature and it contributes to a vehicle's insurance rating. If they are deemed standard fitment by your insurance company and you don't have them then they could decline a theft claim for them - so good to hear from HMT that Lexus would make things right.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, HMT said:

Lexus CS told me that they been in contact to ensure insurance premiums would not be impacted by the lack of locking wheel nuts  and that if wheels were stolen then  they would support the customer.

Hi

Was this a telephone call or by email? Do they have your insurance provider details to confirm? 

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HPS13 said:

Hi

Was this a telephone call or by email? Do they have your insurance provider details to confirm? 

Thanks

This was by email. It was a general comment for all customers , not me specifically

they work thro Thatchem to all the insurance companies.

sorry for not making that clear and for any confusion

• Like 2

Well, they are still supplying most of the new cars with 1 key fob so I doubt that will be resolved for current owners probably even well into next year. Its not poor company performance, its just a global reality following the covid pandemic. Every model that has wheel bolts instead of nuts has no locking kit, RX, RC, RZ, BZ. its not just the NX. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links