Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A sad day.

Mincey

It has been a very emotional day. I have taken the plunge and traded Betsy in. Yes I know - how could I? I was overcome with lust upon seeing this temptress at Leicester:

image.thumb.png.6e63a7cdbbfdb36906ea75e399e47679.png

So what has this strumpet got which Betsy hasn't I hear you all ask? Well she's Tiffany the Takumi, so a fair bit. She has 5,000ish on the clock and is about 9 months old. Betsy, I'm so sorry - it has been a wonderful two years and 20,000 miles with you. I will ask if they will let you go to a nice owner. 

The swap takes place tomorrow at midday. Tissues will be required I'm sure.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Dippo said:

But it's not black with a red interior!

That's a very good point Dippo and you make it well! Tiffany was there waiting, like a tart on a street corner. There was no 6 month ordering delay and I suddenly realised that I could do without all the F Sport accoutrements such as the S+ suspension (never noticed any difference) and the sliding dials. I lied - I think I will miss the sliding dials.

• Haha 3

I do hope Tiffany settles down quickly with her new family.  I’m sure she will have plenty of love ❤️ and cuddles. It won’t be long before she is out of nappies.  On serious note all the best with your new baby James.

• Like 1

Betsy paid the price for ignoring the two cardinal rules.

1. Don't wiggle your boot lid for the first cheque book that comes along

2. Never let them get near your dipstick without having a 5 year service plan receipt tucked in your glove box.

Otherwise you too could end up cold and shivering on a garage forecourt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Currently an entry model ES is from £40K and a Takumi starts at £56K I think.    The £16K  difference sounds a lot but I don't believe any other manufacturer would give you the extra fittings that comes with a Takumi.     ML music system, all leather, ventilated and heated seats and steering wheel, seat memory both front seats, window blinds, wood trim, triple LED headlights, reclining rear seats with control panel in rear arm rest, rear boot opening with foot but I'm sure the Takumi owners will tell me  what I have not listed. 

The point is £16K wouldn't cover what Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar etc etc would want for the same stuff and still not give you the bullet proof reliability of an Lexus or Toyota.    My next car will be a Takumi in sunlight green with Tan interior, used of course and probably hard to find.   My Premium Pack is still a great buy with about 65% of the spec of a Takumi unlike the Premium Edition I owned which was not so well equipped.     

On 9/18/2023 at 1:10 PM, Mincey said:

It has been a very emotional day. I have taken the plunge and traded Betsy in. Yes I know - how could I? I was overcome with lust upon seeing this temptress at Leicester:

So what has this strumpet got which Betsy hasn't I hear you all ask? Well she's Tiffany the Takumi, so a fair bit. She has 5,000ish on the clock and is about 9 months old. Betsy, I'm so sorry - it has been a wonderful two years and 20,000 miles with you. I will ask if they will let you go to a nice owner. 

Many Congratulations James On Your new car ..Amazing cars.. Best of luck and good wishes..!!

• Thanks 1

Did you not go out in the IS F as you mentioned in another thread ?

1 hour ago, Duggie B said:

Did you not go out in the IS F as you mentioned in another thread ?

No - but I've been offered a trip if I can get back over there this weekend or next. We both forgot about it in the handover excitement!

5 hours ago, Mincey said:

No - but I've been offered a trip if I can get back over there this weekend or next. We both forgot about it in the handover excitement!

Try to go out in it just to experience the F factor, I defy you to not smile when you hear that V8 sing especially when it gets to the power band @ 4000 rpm....

I hope you’ll both be very happy together, James.  👍

Definitely a looker, but is she a keeper?  Or will that number plate prove prophetic?

I trust that Betsy went to a good home….

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LenT said:

I hope you’ll both be very happy together, James.  👍

Definitely a looker, but is she a keeper?  Or will that number plate prove prophetic?

I trust that Betsy went to a good home….

Time will tell about the keeper bit Len. I did stress that I wanted Betsy to go to someone who would treat her well, so I hope my wishes are respected there. 

• Like 1

This is the kind of post that makes me still look at the Lexus Forums even though I now own a Merc.

Full of passion and humour  and dealing with the deep love of Lexus.

Not found any of this on previous forums, and for sure not on the Merc forums.

I am still wondering whether to keep my Merc long term or go for ES300, not sure my missus is ready for me to make that change just now.  Though she did like the ES300 when we tried one out at the start of the year.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Full of passion and humour  and dealing with the deep love of Lexus.

Not found any of this on previous forums, and for sure not on the Merc forums.

Could this be related to the famous German sense of humour?

• Haha 2

Well I think it might be more down the Lutheran ethic of giving Germans hard seats to sit on, so that they sit up straight and listen to the word of the preacher.  I say  this as my Merc seat is about as comfortable as a seat in a Scottish Presbyterian pew (I have sat in quite of few at various Scottish weddings), and so humour is the last thing on your mind, more like where the heck can I find a nice cushion.

If you go onto the Merc forums seem to be a lot of stiff backsides and aching shoulders, shame I could not have taken the seats out of the LS and fitted to the Merc.

(That is my theory at least)

It's a few years ago now, l decided to buy a Mercedes S Class. I found the perfect one in a Mercedes dealership in Manchester, beautiful looking, all the toys, all it needed was a test drive and my wallet was out. A couple of silent miles into the drive the salesman ask 'well what do you think', my reply was we need to go back, this is without doubt the most uncomfortable drive l've ever had. He sulked all the way back

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

A couple of silent miles into the drive the salesman ask 'well what do you think',

Well at least you found a Mercedes salesman who could be bothered to show your a Mercedes!

When I was seeking a fast replacement for a written off Accord, I spent a day doing the rounds of the usual suspects.  I had just had a drive in the Lexus - with which I was most impressed - and moved on to the large Mercedes dealership.  On entering I strolled over to a desk where sat the lone rep. busy with paperwork.

Eventually he looked up to see what was blocking the light.  I said  “I’m looking to immediately replace a Honda Accord which has just been written off.”

He replied, “Well have a look around and see if there’s anything you like.”  So I just walked out.

When I got home, the Lexus salesman had emailed me a detailed video walk-round the car and agreed to hold the car until I could return a couple of days later with MrsT.  

No doubt others have had completely contrasting experiences.  But perhaps the different dealer attitudes reflect the different customer approaches and thus the differences in the Owners Clubs?

Or maybe not?

• Like 1

Many years ago my wife was out shopping for a brand new car. Went into the Audi dealership straight from work, dressed accordingly and frazzled from a days work. According to her the sales guy did everything but even look in her direction. After 5 mins she walked out and as never forgotten the experience . She would rather crawl than buy a Audi.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links