Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stolen RX spotted for sale on Autotrader

I was just looking on Autotrader and saw a 2017 RX F Sport which clearly it’s a 2019 or newer facelift. You can tell by the front exterior bumper, it has the touch pad and touchscreen display etc. 

Look for it on Autotrader MW17FUO, £27.995 with 49.000 miles. 

2 minutes ago, b4u2 said:

How do you know it has been stolen?

It’s a 2019+ car with a 17 plate on it? What other options are? This is how they sell these cars, they change the vin and plates. 

PS : When buying a Lexus check the last few digits of the VIN from the windows. Lexus engraves them on EVERY window but not too many people pay attention to that, they only check the vin under the seat/ windscreen which can easily be changed and looks like the original one. 

6 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

No you cannot have a personal registration that makes the car appear newer than it actually is.

Correct but in this case it's making the 2019 look like an older 2017?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Walker said:

It’s a 2019+ car with a 17 plate on it? What other options are? This is how they sell these cars, they change the vin and plates. 

PS : When buying a Lexus check the last few digits of the VIN from the windows. Lexus engraves them on EVERY window but not too many people pay attention to that, they only check the vin under the seat/ windscreen which can easily be changed and looks like the original one. 

It seems a bit suspicious. I would definitely report this. The reg and MOT is showing registered in 2017 which it obviously isnt as it has the new bumpers and the interior as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Walker said:

I was just looking on Autotrader and saw a 2017 RX F Sport which clearly it’s a 2019 or newer facelift. You can tell by the front exterior bumper, it has the touch pad and touchscreen display etc. 

Look for it on Autotrader MW17FUO, £27.995 with 49.000 miles. 

Good spot!

Would be intrigued to go and view it, see if there are any other give aways and really isn't that far from me.

The Mrs was after an RX as well, was about to shell out £40k for one, silly me, been searching all wrong - just needed to find a stolen one! 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

No you cannot have a personal registration that makes the car appear newer than it actually is.

This reg would make the car appear older than actually is.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202308291322617?sort=relevance&make=Lexus&maximum-mileage=50000&minimum-mileage=40000&page=3&postcode=NG15GA&price-from=25000&price-to=30000&year-from=2016&year-to=2018&advertising-location=at_cars&fromsra

Ownership and history

Info given by the seller

The below information (except History Check) has been provided by the seller. It's always best to check details with them before you buy.

Previous owners

Good to know: This vehicle may have been driven by more than 2 people, but only if it was used as a rental or fleet vehicle.

Service history
Full history
Full history check

• Last checked29/8/2023
  • Not recorded as stolen
  • Not recorded as scrapped
  • Not an insurance write off
  • Not imported
  • Not exported
  • No third-party interest
  • No mileage discrepancies
  • No colour changes
    This check shows if the vehicle has had any colour changes. Vehicle owners are required to notify the DVLA of any colour changes which will then be recorded the V5C document.
  • No outstanding finance
  • No plate changes

14 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

This reg would make the car appear older than actually is.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202308291322617?sort=relevance&make=Lexus&maximum-mileage=50000&minimum-mileage=40000&page=3&postcode=NG15GA&price-from=25000&price-to=30000&year-from=2016&year-to=2018&advertising-location=at_cars&fromsra

Ownership and history

Info given by the seller

The below information (except History Check) has been provided by the seller. It's always best to check details with them before you buy.

Previous owners

Good to know: This vehicle may have been driven by more than 2 people, but only if it was used as a rental or fleet vehicle.

Service history
Full history

Full history check

• Last checked29/8/2023
  • Not recorded as stolen
  • Not recorded as scrapped
  • Not an insurance write off
  • Not imported
  • Not exported
  • No third-party interest
  • No mileage discrepancies
  • No colour changes
    This check shows if the vehicle has had any colour changes. Vehicle owners are required to notify the DVLA of any colour changes which will then be recorded the V5C document.
  • No outstanding finance
  • No plate changes

This reg is definitely genuine the car underneath it’s not. 

16 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Would be intrigued to go and view it, see if there are any other give aways and really isn't that far from me.

The Mrs was after an RX as well, was about to shell out £40k for one, silly me, been searching all wrong - just needed to find a stolen one! 😂

Go on Kieron, go and take a look 😀

• Like 1

Surely the VIN would be an instant give away there is a problem with the car and it's on just about every panel so very hard to change I would have thought?

How would there be a V5 for it, if you were to apply for one without the new keeper green slip I believe DVLA will check with the previous registered keeper before issuing a new one?

1 hour ago, Greisingel said:

My next door neighbour has a 2016 450H with a 55 reg (it has his initials). Not sure plate always has to correspond.

Yes age related plate can be older than the car, but can't put on a plate that is newer than the car.

For example to stop your neighbour trying to sell his 2016 car as a 2020 car (or maybe just impress the neighbours 🙂)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links