Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2nd Key Fob

3 hours ago, BillSt said:

In the USA, it is possible to use the Link app to start and drive the car. We are happy for the cellphone to keep our bank access secure with secure recognition systems, how can it not be secure for our car? Lexus UK just making the car only fully useful for one driver.

Very good point 

On 10/18/2023 at 5:28 PM, Hayzee said:

As there is no spare wheel, I don't think a jack is part of the specification. However, it's crazy for Lexus to even think it's practical to only have one key fob!

Yes agree, but dealer said a lifting jack would be provided in due course.  As I'm looking for a space saver wheel for the long-trip peace of mind, I'll be happy to have it. 

30 minutes ago, foxes1884 said:

Yes agree, but dealer said a lifting jack would be provided in due course.  As I'm looking for a space saver wheel for the long-trip peace of mind, I'll be happy to have it. 

Unfortunately for me there's no possibility of fitting a space saver under the boot floor due to all the extra bits of technology in place for the 450h 😒. I was able to fit one in my previous RAV4 PHEV by removing the foam/plastic insert, but no chance with this car.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Unfortunately for me there's no possibility of fitting a space saver under the boot floor due to all the extra bits of technology in place for the 450h 😒. I was able to fit one in my previous RAV4 PHEV by removing the foam/plastic insert, but no chance with this car.

Yep, I can't fit a space saver neatly in the 350h either, due to the Battery in the back and mess of plastic they put in the boot.  I'll just throw it in the boot space when I have to.   I know they got rid of space saver due to trying to save weight for the MPG reg's (or so the industury say's).  But still when you're far from home a space saver wheel seems a must have on UK roads, but thats just my view.  

7 hours ago, foxes1884 said:

I hope you are correct about this as I would like to have a jack and spare wheel even if it does generally live in my garage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foxes1884 said:

But still when you're far from home a space saver wheel seems a must have on UK roads, but thats just my view.  

No, it’s my view too!

And it can be quite useful even when you’re near to home.

I had an instance in which a helpful van driver, trying to get a seized dust cap off my tyre, snapped the valve clean off!  Not only did that deflate the tyre, it also removed the only way of re-inflating it.  Or injecting the magic tyre gloop.

Fortunately, I had insisted on having a SpaceSaver, so was able to limp round to a large nearby tyre retailer who replaced the (TPMS) valve.  

• Like 1

Just got a letter from Lexus (France) telling me that my dealer is now able to provide me with the long awaited for second key FOB.
This ends a 6 months waiting time. 

I will probably wait for the annual service for a "global" pit stop 🙂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NiCoRe said:

Just got a letter from Lexus (France) telling me that my dealer is now able to provide me with the long awaited for second key FOB.
This ends a 6 months waiting time. 

I will probably wait for the annual service for a "global" pit stop 🙂

Nicolas

I would get your second key as soon as your dealership can do the cloning. The reason is that these key fobs are in short supply and you may find you lose your place in the queue otherwise.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I took delivery of my new NX450+ on 30th September 23 with only 1 key supplied (UK) I was told that this was because of the chip shortage, the 2nd fob would be coming in around 6 months (April 2024).

1 hour ago, Mr QCD said:

I took delivery of my new NX450+ on 30th September 23 with only 1 key supplied (UK) I was told that this was because of the chip shortage, the 2nd fob would be coming in around 6 months (April 2024).

I've been told that my 2nd key fob 🔑 may come in as little as 3 months after delivery of my Lexus,  as experienced by some customers, but could also be much longer.  Therefore, not holding my breath.  Also, my locking 🔒 wheel nuts are likely to take longer.

I’m not sure how or why I chanced upon this Post BUT it seems incredulous to me that you’re being fobbed off with un professionalism by Lexus in failing to provide simple effective essential kit for the essential joy of using your cars

Its simply a DISGRACE and you’ve bought cars NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE to my mind 

Thank heavens I’m content with my dear old ladies …… your tales simply tell me never to bother buying a brand new car, well, a Lexus anyway 😰

Good luck to you all in getting all you think you’ve already bought !

Malc 

23 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I’m not sure how or why I chanced upon this Post BUT it seems incredulous to me that you’re being fobbed off with un professionalism by Lexus in failing to provide simple effective essential kit for the essential joy of using your cars

Its simply a DISGRACE and you’ve bought cars NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE to my mind 

Thank heavens I’m content with my dear old ladies …… your tales simply tell me never to bother buying a brand new car, well, a Lexus anyway 😰

Good luck to you all in getting all you think you’ve already bought !

Malc 

Hi Malc,

I think obtaining certain parts is an industry wide problem for new cars, not just a Lexus problem.  This is also one of the reasons that insurance has increased substantially across the board, availability and difficulty in obtaining parts.  😟 

Dear old ladies also have their problems .... wrinkles and other parts heading southwards to name but a couple. 😉 

• Haha 1

IMO having only one key fob is much more of an issue than no locking wheel nut.

Locking wheel nuts are hardly a problem at all to suitably equipped thieves. However, having one key fob is a seriously inconvenience and a big worry about losing it.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 4:09 PM, Chingford NX450 said:

NX450+ Premium Pack delivered March 23
7 months on and still only one Fob 😞 , currently more chance of seeing Santa come down the chimney this year than a 2nd Fob from Lexus. 

Update :-
Quick complain to Lexus CS and call from dealer , did you not get your campaign letter as we can now order a fob for your car.

Needless to say if i had then i would have contacted you , how was the contact initiated i asked  E-Mail ,Post, Call or within App ?  As far as they knew by post.

For info - car delivered Mar 2023 , Vin assigned to campaign Oct 2023.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ARLexus said:

Nope - No 2nd FOB for me at delivery in Nov 2023.   Dealer siad I should wait for 2 months to be contacted by Lexus, not by the dealership. 

Nov delivery for me too but my dealer said that he would contact me in 2 months.   I'll probably chase my dealer at the end of January if I haven't heard anything. 

Emailed my dealer last week and received this email today:

"I’ve just checked the portal and it would appear that the key is now ready for ordering. I have forwarded this to my after sales team and they will call you".

What on earth does “ ready for ordering “ mean ? 

you all sure put up with a lot of key fobbing off 

wot an impossible situation for you ….. I’d go nuts 😂

Malc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Malc1 said:

What on earth does “ ready for ordering “ mean ? 

you all sure put up with a lot of key fobbing off 

wot an impossible situation for you ….. I’d go nuts 😂

Malc 

My understanding from Lexus CS is that it will be Lexus that contact me to let me know that a key is available.  It is then up to me to contact a dealership of my choice (does not have to be the dealership I bought the car from) - they will then order the key from Lexus and agree an appointment time for the key to be cloned to the car.

Predictably no news for when my second key fob will eventually show. It'll be three months since I collected the car on 1st December. 

At this moment in time I'll give it until about March(ish) time and then if the dealer can't provide me with the key or a date, I'll be bypassing them and going down the route of seeing what a good auto electrician can do. I waited 16 months for the car. I won't be waiting 16 months for a second/spare key. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary H said:

seeing what a good auto electrician can do.

Whilst I was waiting for mine I consulted an auto locksmith but he told me that they didn't have access to the specific blank fobs.

• Like 3

Letter today from Lexus saying I can now order my second key fob. just ring a dealer of my choice.

Called the dealer I purchased from and booked in for next Thursday.

Car purchase date 8th June 2023.

So almost 6 months

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links