Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Profile sync error

Has anyone else started to get profile sync errors message displayed.  I have been ok for moths then last Tursdaybstarted to get these error messages while driving with option to cancel or continue as you cannot continue while driving the only option is to repeatedly cancel.

So parked up at home and hit the continue - asked for ID and password - entered these and got the message invalid credentials.  Have not change either of these for several years ! And still use them on link+ app and the MyLexus portal ok.

so yesterday deleted the whole thing off and setup from scratch using the QR code and the link+ app - seemed to be ok , till this morning when on a 60 mile trip got the sync error message about 20+ times.   
any help ?

Had a similar issue on my 450h+ a few weeks ago. In the end I changed my password and all has been ok since. I think the issue might be that the system now requires a different ‘Standard’ for passwords regarding type and no of characters as I could not log in to the main website either with my old password

john

1 hour ago, John Hutton said:

Had a similar issue on my 450h+ a few weeks ago. In the end I changed my password and all has been ok since. I think the issue might be that the system now requires a different ‘Standard’ for passwords regarding type and no of characters as I could not log in to the main website either with my old password

john

Thanks Jon, will try a few more things and might try Lexus CS

my current password is 10 characters with a mix of upper and lower case with some numerics and special characters, so not sure what else they could want.  Would have thought the MyLexus portal would be the 1st place to start wanting new password. 
who knows how Lexus (Toyota) think

I also encountered this on several occasions, and as one would expect (Sod's law?) at the most inconvenient instances. I would login and it would go away till..... next time with no regular intervals in between. In my case I believe it might be related to my poor reception that might be forcing the car to try numerous times to connect to the cloud/server.

Is there option to get the car on my local router so when parked at home it would benefit from seamless connection?

17 minutes ago, John Yossarian said:

Is there option to get the car on my local router so when parked at home it would benefit from seamless connection?

Yes there is. Page 120 of the PDF version of the multimedia owners manual describes how to connect to a WiFi network. Obviously the car will only be connected when powered up and also I'm not sure if the car will automatically connect each time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Yossarian said:

Mine connects to my router when on the drive but I still had this issue a number of times in the past when connected to wifi. I suspect it could be an intermittent issue with the Lexus servers.

• Like 1

Today after I entered the password, the profile sync error didn't appear anymore (after restarting the car).

I enabled the setting in the app "keep me logged in" and changed the timeout to 12h. Maybe this fixed it.

The other thing I can think of is that it can happen when you are in an area with poor mobile reception (rural england trip). But this would be a really bad bug in the system.

I've had this twice in the past fortnight. I'd consider my password to be strong. I'm using biometric authentication in the app and it's set to remember me. I've just changed the timeout to 12h from 15 mins so thanks @szhrmpfor that tip. Hopefully this will be a thing of the past now as it's bloody annoying!

image.thumb.png.a123620a5a23d9a3419474474d836544.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, szhrmp said:

I just got the error again and I think it happened because an update of the lexus link app on my iphone logged me out of the app.

Yes after 3 weeks of not getting the message I got it again yesterday (several times as I was driving) got the password in after a struggle with the keyboard and it has been ok on my 2 trips today.  So see how long this lasts …….

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BillSt said:

Is there any point in having a strong password?

I think the requirements are min 8 characters, one number and one special character.

the worst sb could do is to locate your car, lock your doors and start the flash lights.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I suspect it is linked to weak singal, but I don't have a clear evidence yet 🙂 I got the car since 3 weeks now and had already the issue twice...both times it happened during period of freezing & snowing weather conditions. Is it linked to that or pure coincidence? First time I used the "change password" technique to get rid of the sync error messages...but I don't want to be changing password every time the thing pops up!

7 minutes ago, sidzej said:

I suspect it is linked to weak singal, but I don't have a clear evidence yet 🙂 I got the car since 3 weeks now and had already the issue twice...both times it happened during period of freezing & snowing weather conditions. Is it linked to that or pure coincidence? First time I used the "change password" technique to get rid of the sync error messages...but I don't want to be changing password every time the thing pops up!

I get this message after each time that I use the remote climate facility on the app. (There is another thread on the forum regarding this). It's very annoying as each time I basically have to delete the app and start again.

Had to do this again yesterday and whilst I am no longer getting the message the journey history is showing only one of the seven journeys made today. Fix one thing and another goes which is totally unsatisfactory.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

We've had this issue on and off since we got the car 18 months ago but lately it's been worse.  Don't think it's either signal or password strength related (our is a 10 character mixed up one)

I suspect Lexus servers just drop off when too many requests hit them.  I've seen no evidence the Lexus IT system was designed by anyone with the relevant needed experience

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2023 at 8:17 PM, John Hutton said:

john

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links