Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

But the proposed tunnel and roadway land to the side is just that, farmland under which the tunnel will go 😰

it’s a blooming nonsense methinks ……. in the name of preserving Heritage from non-fee paying eyes eh ! 

Malc 

Doesn’t look like Steve has managed to change the title so I’ll open up a new thread for those of us wanting to discuss the cars coming onto the market. 

2 minutes ago, finchy40 said:

Doesn’t look like Steve has managed to change the title so I’ll open up a new thread for those of us wanting to discuss the cars coming onto the market. 

Please don't, I've changed the title.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Colin.

Good work, luckily I didn’t title it the same anyway so we can carry on using this one. Haha. 

2 minutes ago, Bob King said:

This white UK vehicle now has a fresh set of photo’s, looks much better 👍🏻

headlamps look less faded now .

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202402297080883

The white doesn’t help the yellowing of the headlamps though does it!? That said, the gold Lexus badge blends in nicely. 😂

23 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Please don't, I've changed the title.

Please PM me Colin and let me know how it’s done, I did message Steve about it.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 6:14 PM, Boomer54 said:

Gary,

Sorry for not getting back to you with pics of the throttle controller. Picked up a nasty allergic reaction that put me out of sorts for a week.

Hope these pics are clear . The settings are Eco (economy), Norm (Normal), and then 30 different settings for increasing the degree of air mixture to reduce the lag on acceleration. I don't like Eco and mainly run in Norm mode. Sometimes I let it rip with 1.9, 2.9 and 3.9. The higher the setting the less lag.

I wouldn't be without it even though I run mainly in Norm.

tc.jpg

tc1.jpg

Gary here it is.

• Thanks 1

I am looking for something to use daily - interested in an SC430 - found a low mileage 2005 one but not sure what values these should go for...really new to the SC430, always admired them and we have an ES300h - but don't know where to start with pricing for an SC.

Any advice on pricing and what to look for?

furthermore - found this Isuzu dealer who has 2 for sale: Search Used Cars for sale in Great Glen, Leicestershire | Bob Gerard Ltd

Any thoughts?

Apologies if much of this has already been asked and said before in this and other threads - if so please ignore.

• Like 1

Prices are very very high for any car with say 50,000 miles on.

100,000 mile cars are more affordable. Engines apparently good for 300,000 miles.

23 minutes ago, HotSpur-Lexus said:

I am looking for something to use daily - interested in an SC430 - found a low mileage 2005 one but not sure what values these should go for...really new to the SC430, always admired them and we have an ES300h - but don't know where to start with pricing for an SC.

Any advice on pricing and what to look for?

furthermore - found this Isuzu dealer who has 2 for sale: Search Used Cars for sale in Great Glen, Leicestershire | Bob Gerard Ltd

Any thoughts?

Apologies if much of this has already been asked and said before in this and other threads - if so please ignore.

This thread would be a good read to get familiar with the SC430 👍🏻

The 2005 model you show above looks very tidy and presentable, parking sensors front and rear are a nice extra .

Last years mot test commented on a rusty rear exhaust, I can see in the photos, it has an aftermarket stainless steel rear exhaust section (or maybe the whole thing)..you would need to ask to be sure .

cracked tyres want replacing before you buy .

The grey wheel refurbishment looks out of keeping with the car, so would look better back to silver.

Interior looks very clean for its age and cream does take more effort to maintain over black.

few cracks in the leather on the drivers seat , nothing a leather dye treatment wouldn’t fix .

Ask the dealer if it’s had a timing belt and water pump .

price is rather top heavy, yet good quality example can ask their own price .

as I say have a read of this thread and you’ll be an expert …or at least an armchair expert 😁😉

• Like 1

Quick enlarge and brighten of rear of the car, its has twin after market exhaust boxes fitted…should sound nice without being over the top .

That got to be worth £300-500 to the vehicles value.

IMG_6668.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

Prices are very very high for any car with say 50,000 miles on.

100,000 mile cars are more affordable. Engines apparently good for 300,000 miles.

Actually the engines are good for 700,000 miles according to this:

Shame the rest of the car has been trashed,

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of the sensibly priced cars seem to be moving quite swiftly now. There’s a lot that have been around for a while including Shipley. I’m sure if they’d kept the price at £6995 it would have gone by now but at £7995 there look like better ones around. 

• Like 1

The white jap import and the late blue colour at 11995 and 12995 did sell last week .

Yet a few others like the grey and two black ones are close to 6 months now 😮

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links