Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Road rage a sign of our times

But you don’t know what I used the Krooklok for  😂

A starting handle had multi use too 😇

Malc

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Add to that Naples and the Amalfi coast, indeed most places in Italy. Land of the millions of two wheeled heroes who all think they are Agostini reincarnated. In fairness, it's stressful, but it ain't road rage and after an hissy fit you will probably end up having wine together.

Love it..!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a sad story Stephen. And for those of us born n bred in Manchester I apologise for the way the City I once loved to death has gone to the dogs.

As for the carrying of guns as they do in Yank land. OMG how money talks. Its the gun makers themselves who make the laws about firearms not the government. Back in the day I recall seeing idiotic wannabees carrying a gun. I'll never forget one occasion in a pizza shop with my 1st wife a young coloured lad came in. His coat unbuttoned and guess what?  the handle of a gun on show. I noticed it and he saw me and I looked him straight in the eye. He shathimself looking scared and ran out. The thing is pay attention to idiotic wannabes. They're the ones who carry a weapon but are scared.

Similar with those who exhibit road rage. But as we are now a lot older etc etc we can't react like we once did. What you said to that pillock Stephen is bang on. I've ordered a shirt with wording akin to 'At my age life in prison means nothing' .  Luckily as we mature so does our use of words but in the right way and manner. 

I now hate Manchester with a passion. I hate making deliveries there. I'll only go back there a couple times a year for a meet up of us rockers. 

• Like 2

Best to stay in open a nice bottle of rioja and look at a revenge movie like the equalizer. Let the idiots do idiots things, not for me please

I must disagree.  When people start acting badly they need to be pulled up about it. Ask any teacher.  It has a lot to do with what the tories have done to this country. Cutting police , reducing social budgets - everyone knows, I do not  need to list it. But they do not regulate or control the offenders. They don't even investigate or prosecute them. No watchdogs with teeth. No police to reprimand shoplifters and other illegal acts. It is 13 yrs of tory "do-nothing" that has allowed the notrights to get away with what they do.  But at least the rich tory mates are doing OK in their leafy suburbs or offshore havens.  Thanks Rishi.

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

I now hate Manchester with a passion. I hate making deliveries there. I'll only go back there a couple times a year for a meet up of us rockers. 

Me too, except that most of my old rocker mates are dead. Some on their bikes and some not. As they say: there are old bikers and there are bold bikers but there are no old bold bikers.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GMB said:

I must disagree.  When people start acting badly they need to be pulled up about it. Ask any teacher.  It has a lot to do with what the tories have done to this country. Cutting police , reducing social budgets - everyone knows, I do not  need to list it. But they do not regulate or control the offenders. They don't even investigate or prosecute them. No watchdogs with teeth. No police to reprimand shoplifters and other illegal acts. It is 13 yrs of tory "do-nothing" that has allowed the notrights to get away with what they do.  But at least the rich tory mates are doing OK in their leafy suburbs or offshore havens.  Thanks Rishi.

These problems pre date 13 years of Tory government. Indeed it is easy to blame government, but lest we forget the government are elected by voters. You want the blunt harsh reality ? We, the people of this country don't want to pay for the issues you state are the root of the problem. Indeed, we elect govts who act on those wishes.

Like most things in life you really want something then be prepared to pay for it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

These problems pre date 13 years of Tory government

Yes they do, the issue is that we have had the last 13 yrs of no real solutions, probably even counter measures against improving the situation.

BTW I did not vote for them. In fact nobody voted for Rishi.

But I get it, the world is more crowded, more competitive and more unpleasant. So why are some people being so bad.  Answer: Because they can and they can also get away with it.

6 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

We, the people of this country don't want to pay for the issues

We actually do pay, and quite a lot not just in tax. One of the issues is that the tax system is designed by "guess who" to penalise the ordinary man and woman. The richest can get away with easy tax avoidance - which is not illegal in most senses ( including Mrs Rishi ).

My head is hurting now and may explode any minute Oh hang on    Aaaaarrrgghhh! What a mess!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

cars just keep coming through

They are just selfish - simple as that.

It was only a few days ago whilst driving through a local town on the way to the airport.

There is a section of dual carriageway on the approach to a roundabout, this road is clearly marked by multiple signs that the left lane is only for a left turn to Nottingham and the M1, the right lane “All other routes”.

i approached in the correct right lane in order to go straight on but of course the “white van man” in the left lane decided to cut me up.

I braked to avoid a collision and sounded my horn to alert him of my presence but he continued ending up now in front of me stationary at a pedestrian crossing.

But no he couldn’t let it go, window down the mouthing began complimented by a 2 finger salute.

Yes I know I was in the wrong and the fact you were knowingly in the wrong lane and likely to know this incident may occur was all my fault!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GMB said:

Yes they do, the issue is that we have had the last 13 yrs of no real solutions, probably even counter measures against improving the situation.

BTW I did not vote for them. In fact nobody voted for Rishi.

But I get it, the world is more crowded, more competitive and more unpleasant. So why are some people being so bad.  Answer: Because they can and they can also get away with it.

We actually do pay, and quite a lot not just in tax. One of the issues is that the tax system is designed by "guess who" to penalise the ordinary man and woman. The richest can get away with easy tax avoidance - which is not illegal in most senses ( including Mrs Rishi ).

My head is hurting now and may explode any minute Oh hang on    Aaaaarrrgghhh! What a mess!

We do pay, but self evidently not enough to deal with the myriad assortment of issues that afflict our society. Indeed, one could argue that the  increasing scale of these issues is outstripping our abilty to pay enough to even maintain a status quo.

Now less I lose a sense of perspective here I need to remind myself I meet many more decent, likeable people than the odd ne'er do well who crosses my path.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Best to stay in open a nice bottle of rioja and look at a revenge movie like the equalizer. Let the idiots do idiots things, not for me please

Make that a bottle of Baron De Ley.

Of course it was your fault ….. it always will be until your dying day …… you’ve learnt that over a lifetime …… white van man is always right and will oft intimidate you until the pips squeak ……. one day they’ll be his pips squeaking tho …… even if i have to put him in the crusher with my aged slightly beat-up V8  4ltr. that really is quite probably adept at doing heaps of damage in the wrong ( or right ) hands …… mine possibly ……  at what age and mileage is my N reg one dispensable at 248k miles …… as I do have t’other one to carry on with 😂

Malc

4 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Malc you've been subtly telling me to skip that second car and I was there yesterday to look at one. That guy though is may be doing what you could not in making me question whether I want another car so every cloud has a silver lining comes to mind.

Upon reflection this is simply not going down that way. If I allow some dipstick to influence and possibly change my decisions then they may not have won, but I have certainly lost. Hence, I can confirm that I shall shortly be taking delivery of my very lovely Jaguar XK60. Now Mr ne'er do well get back under your rock and eat your heart out.

Lovely example here of what I have said before regarding the humans ability to rationalise to reach the decision you always wanted to reach !:winkiss:

3 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Upon reflection this is simply not going down that way. If I allow some dipstick to influence and possibly change my decisions then they may not have won, but I have certainly lost. Hence, I can confirm that I shall shortly be taking delivery of my very lovely Jaguar XK60. Now Mr ne'er do well get back under your rock and eat your heart out.

Lovely example here of what I have said before regarding the humans ability to rationalise to reach the decision you always wanted to reach !:winkiss:

Excellent   You’ve found one that’s not a rust bucket then ?

Piccys please …… I might get myself an electric Milk Float now 😂

Malc 

2 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Excellent   You’ve found one that’s not a rust bucket then ?

Piccys please …… I might get myself an electric Milk Float now 😂

Malc 

Long way from a rust bucket. Guy paid Williams two hours labour just to look under the car, not do any work. 3k to clean out every suspension advisory and any that might be next. Another 2k for an array of stuff he wanted all invoiced and present. The interior might have just rolled off the line and in truth has less signs of age than my SC430.

I am not paying him significantly more than he has spent with Williams on this car and in that sense its very much like what Stew did with the Lexus so quietly confident of the buy.

Pics will follow when I have it and give it some of my special buff and wash.

I know when these decisions are good if only because I just don't think about it after the decision has been taken. Reflects than I am happy with the depth of my due diligence.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Long way from a rust bucket. Guy paid Williams two hours labour just to look under the car, not do any work. 3k to clean out every suspension advisory and any that might be next. Another 2k for an array of stuff he wanted all invoiced and present. The interior might have just rolled off the line and in truth has less signs of age than my SC430.

I am not paying him significantly more than he has spent with Williams on this car and in that sense its very much like what Stew did with the Lexus so quietly confident of the buy.

Pics will follow when I have it and give it some of my special buff and wash.

I know when these decisions are good if only because I just don't think about it after the decision has been taken. Reflects than I am happy with the depth of my due diligence.

Well done 👍 

Are u ever going to use it do you think ? 

please please please buy a Milk Float too …… you MUST have that EV in your collection ….. surely 🤔

Malc 

are there parking restrictions for Milk Floats do you think ? 

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Make that a bottle of Baron De Ley

Vina Ardanza or CVNE Imperial or CVNE Vina real  -   Reserva  or Gran Reserva Pleeeeze!

4 hours ago, steve2006 said:

It was only a few days ago whilst driving through a local town on the way to the airport.

There is a section of dual carriageway on the approach to a roundabout, this road is clearly marked by multiple signs that the left lane is only for a left turn to Nottingham and the M1, the right lane “All other routes”.

i approached in the correct right lane in order to go straight on but of course the “white van man” in the left lane decided to cut me up.

I braked to avoid a collision and sounded my horn to alert him of my presence but he continued ending up now in front of me stationary at a pedestrian crossing.

But no he couldn’t let it go, window down the mouthing began complimented by a 2 finger salute.

Yes I know I was in the wrong and the fact you were knowingly in the wrong lane and likely to know this incident may occur was all my fault!

I am absolutely not condoning violence of any sort, but people need to be careful these days as the person they are abusing may well have a shorter fuse than they. It just isn’t worth it, the world has gone mad.

Back in the 1980s, an elderly relative of mine - now sadly long passed - was being abused by a Porsche driving ‘Yuppie’ following a ‘road rage’ incident. At traffic lights the (young) Porsche driver decided to get out of his car and abuse my relative.

Unfortunately for him, the elderly gent in a Volvo he was shouting out was a former WW2 Commando. He’d been there, seen horrible things and done horrible things (we assume). Never spoke about it though.

With seatbelt unfastened, the Volvo door was opened - hard - into young abusers face. That was swiftly followed by a couple of punches. He learned a lesson that day, via a broken jaw and several lost teeth. Don’t assume the ‘old guy’ is just going to take it. The story goes that a taxi driver (this was London) and a couple of other bystanders had to pull him away forcefully before the police arrived. The red mist had descended, not a side of him I ever saw as a youngster.

Charges were never pressed. Different times, but the police on arrival (I’m told) essentially took the position that ‘Yuppie boy’ started it and got what he deserved…

Like I said, be careful. You just never know who the other party is…

• Like 2

Sounds like Harry Brown. Quite a good film with Michael Caine as a retired "green beret?" who does not tolerate the local deadlegs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GMB said:

Sounds like Harry Brown. Quite a good film with Michael Caine as a retired "green beret?" who does not tolerate the local deadlegs.

I know it’s a bit of a cliche, but he was everybody’s favourite Uncle. A bit mad, just really good fun with the children (as I was).

I was fascinated by the war - think comics like ‘Battle’ which I read every week - but he’d NEVER speak about what he’d seen or done, and I really tried (as did various other Nephews and relatives). He’d always deflect attention by saying his injuries (a couple of lost fingers and a few scars) were due to battles with dragons, or lions or tigers and even sabre toothed tigers and dinosaurs. 

After he died we saw his medals and found out about his service. A quiet and genial man, and very good humoured. God only knows how, given what we found out afterwards. One foolish bully found out to his cost.

• Like 3

My Uncle was a chindit and was lost in the Burmese jungle for 3 months. It took us years to get the story out of him. You really could write a book about what happened to him and his pals. Great man - very quiet!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

I am absolutely not condoning violence of any sort, but people need to be careful these days as the person they are abusing may well have a shorter fuse than they. It just isn’t worth it, the world has gone mad.

Back in the 1980s, an elderly relative of mine - now sadly long passed - was being abused by a Porsche driving ‘Yuppie’ following a ‘road rage’ incident. At traffic lights the (young) Porsche driver decided to get out of his car and abuse my relative.

Unfortunately for him, the elderly gent in a Volvo he was shouting out was a former WW2 Commando. He’d been there, seen horrible things and done horrible things (we assume). Never spoke about it though.

With seatbelt unfastened, the Volvo door was opened - hard - into young abusers face. That was swiftly followed by a couple of punches. He learned a lesson that day, via a broken jaw and several lost teeth. Don’t assume the ‘old guy’ is just going to take it. The story goes that a taxi driver (this was London) and a couple of other bystanders had to pull him away forcefully before the police arrived. The red mist had descended, not a side of him I ever saw as a youngster.

Charges were never pressed. Different times, but the police on arrival (I’m told) essentially took the position that ‘Yuppie boy’ started it and got what he deserved…

Like I said, be careful. You just never know who the other party is…

Sounds like my dad. 5ft 6 10 stone max was 73yrs at the time two guys thought he would be a soft target and I guess they were still thinking that when they were looking up at the ceiling. You see when you are that small raised in the dockside part of Liverpool two things happen. You either become a soft target ,or you learn how to make size irrelevant. After taking that to the jungles of WW2 and then working the iron moulder to retirement you don't get soft. He wasn't just blindingly fast he was what I call sudden. That just means if you are a threat he would hit you without any hesitation at all and that was game over.

I didn't inherit his skills etc.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GMB said:

My Uncle was a chindit and was lost in the Burmese jungle for 3 months. It took us years to get the story out of him. You really could write a book about what happened to him and his pals. Great man - very quiet!

Truly the ‘greatest generation.’ I simply can’t imagine what they went through and the sacrifices they made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links