Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 6 Year Service

I can hardly believe that I have had my LC500 for 6 years now. I took it for its "big" service the other day at Hedge End and I thought others might like to know the cost involved.

My bill was about £850 all in to include:

- loan car (new RX450h - (a bit ugly IMO)

- all standard service items

- wheel alignment check  (no adjustment required)

- 8 spark plugs changed

- diff oil change

- brake fluid replaced

- general health check

- MOT (no advisories)

- another year of warranty (LSAW)

- wash and vacuum

I thought this not too bad compared to some previous "fast cars" that i have owned and it runs as smoothly as ever. I hope this might be of interest to owners of newer cars who might want to hang on to them a bit longer.

• Like 4

About the same as the isF although they had no idea about whether the diff oil needed changing or not.

33 minutes ago, Dingle Dell said:

That sounds fantastic value to me

I thought it was expensive as a lot of the stuff they pretend to do is obvious anyway.  £500 would be a fair price? But they all charge according to what they think the customer/ mug can afford. Just be thankful you don't have a Porsche.

I guess the inclusive warranty is the big thing. Having considered a McLaren 570S but been put off by the reliability concerns and eye-watering warranty cost, the Lexus costs are obviously worlds apart.

2005 Bentley Arnage R six year service £2987.89p.  I still have the invoice to remind me how reasonable servicing my LS500h is. 

2 minutes ago, SH20 said:

2005 Bentley Arnage R six year service £2987.89p

What was the 89 pence for?

850 is about as bad as it’ll get - that’s a big big biggest service. For all that work on the service and twelve months warranty on something as performance-related as the LC it’s very cheap I think. 

Yes and the Bentley invoice was back in 2013  so what it costs now for the same schedule is anyone's guess. 

On 1/27/2024 at 4:29 PM, malcolmw said:

I can hardly believe that I have had my LC500 for 6 years now. I took it for its "big" service the other day at Hedge End and I thought others might like to know the cost involved.

My bill was about £850 all in to include:

- loan car (new RX450h - (a bit ugly IMO)

- all standard service items

- wheel alignment check  (no adjustment required)

- 8 spark plugs changed

- diff oil change

- brake fluid replaced

- general health check

- MOT (no advisories)

- another year of warranty (LSAW)

- wash and vacuum

I thought this not too bad compared to some previous "fast cars" that i have owned and it runs as smoothly as ever. I hope this might be of interest to owners of newer cars who might want to hang on to them a bit longer.

That’s a minor service on a 911 if your lucky 

1 hour ago, Winston said:

That’s a minor service on a 911 if your lucky 

I still have the receipt for the service on my 911 back in 2018, to be fair it was a major service! At least the warranty it was under saved me the £10k plus it needed on a new PDK box, on a car that was 6 years old with a full PSH and only 35k miles on the clock.

IMG_0585.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Yep, a friend of mine had a Porsche for a while, it nearly bankrupted him. When he complained about the prices they just said - you bought a Porsche what did you expect? or some similar words that he told me

12 minutes ago, GMB said:

Yep, a friend of mine had a Porsche for a while, it nearly bankrupted him. When he complained about the prices they just said - you bought a Porsche what did you expect? or some similar words that he told me

Well I have a superb independent now and the costs are very manageable, the car itself is superb and drives/steers like nothing else I have driven. I detest the dealerships based on a few terrible experiences and am pleased that I won’t ever need to darken their doors again!

On 1/27/2024 at 9:40 PM, eightk said:

850 is about as bad as it’ll get - that’s a big big biggest service. For all that work on the service and twelve months warranty on something as performance-related as the LC it’s very cheap I think. 

Am I right in thinking they basically have two prices for a major or minor service?  Although what’s required at any specific one is different, the prices tend to be the same.

For the RCF they alternate major/minor/major etc.  sometimes your major will need spark plugs or a diff oil change (for example) but the price will stay the same, meaning sometimes it’s good value, others it seems a bit dear….

12 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Am I right in thinking they basically have two prices for a major or minor service?  Although what’s required at any specific one is different, the prices tend to be the same.

For the RCF they alternate major/minor/major etc.  sometimes your major will need spark plugs or a diff oil change (for example) but the price will stay the same, meaning sometimes it’s good value, others it seems a bit dear….

Yes i think you are right, i am sure they had a extra higher cost for the 6 year / 60.000miles service for plugs

i think they have just spread the cost between all the minor and major services.

10 hours ago, wendle said:

Yes i think you are right, i am sure they had a extra higher cost for the 6 year / 60.000miles service for plugs

Don’t tell me that…. mine is due in the autumn!!

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Don’t tell me that…. mine is due in the autumn!!

Your safe Marcus, they used to charge more, they don't now its just the normal Major service cost although they will probably try to sell you some add ons, fuel adaptive, ect. 

Do Lexus not offer the service plan for the LC, where you pay monthly? It's the route I was looking to go, however it's not listed on the website...sure I've seen it before?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wendle said:

Your safe Marcus, they used to charge more, they don't now its just the normal Major service cost although they will probably try to sell you some add ons, fuel adaptive, ect. 

I’ve booked in for a service and they tried the cross sell with me… I declined. The cross selling is a little cheeky. If the car needs it, say it (and make it a service item) if it doesn’t, don’t try and push it and make it sound important. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shapiro said:

I’ve booked in for a service and they tried the cross sell with me… I declined. The cross selling is a little cheeky. If the car needs it, say it (and make it a service item) if it doesn’t, don’t try and push it and make it sound important. 

Agreed, do what the service requires and don't try to upsell under the pretense that its part of the service.  I was in a Halfords Autocentre recently and they almost sold a £40 fuel system cleaner to an elderly lady that wouldn't have known any better.  I politely interjected and suggest she not bother.  Got a right dirty look from the manager but I think it was worth it!

On 1/27/2024 at 5:11 PM, GMB said:

About the same as the isF although they had no idea about whether the diff oil needed changing or not.

£850 is super cheap. Wait itil the OP has to replace the front discs / pads  (and potentially the sensors) - ££££££. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 6:20 PM, MattyJB said:

Do Lexus not offer the service plan for the LC, where you pay monthly? It's the route I was looking to go, however it's not listed on the website...sure I've seen it before?

I have a service plan for 2 services and its £99 a month

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links