Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

13 hours ago, rayaans said:

To get rid of this screen you have to create a profile and link the key to it. It will keep coming if you don't have a profile linked

I don’t want to sound dumb, but how should I do that?

1 hour ago, DavidAA said:

I don’t want to sound dumb, but how should I do that?

This video shows you how to do it from 38:50.

The fact that some are experiencing problems after the update and others aren’t is baffling.

The only effect that the update has had on mine is deleting the satnav favourites and changing the order of radio stations in the presets. The latter took me 2 minutes to change back again and the former I will save again when next doing those journeys. Everything else seems to be working just as it did prior to the update.

16 hours ago, Ken R said:

Hi Andy,

Actually both. I enabled everything in Info & Security but as I indicated this had to be done every time I started the car. Then went onto the navigation option and enabled all features there also. Appears to be working with car location and latest journey recorded.

15 hours ago, Andy B said:

Thanks Ken. I'll give that a try. 

So I went out to the car this morning to try Ken's suggested fix. Turned the car on and lo and behold the Arrow icon was blue indicating that the necessary Connected Services were already enabled. This was confirmed by checking under "Info and Security". I then turned the car off and then back on a couple of times and the services remained enabled each time (and the Arrow icon remained blue). So maybe it has sorted itself out - but who knows, given Lexus' record on software and technology. Or maybe tomorrow it will all be broken again.

However, I couldn't get the "Voice data" service to stay enabled so gave up on this one at that point. I think this particular service is required to facilitate some of the more extensive "Hey Lexus" voice commands that need to go out to the internet to get executed.

After the update my info and security selections would not stay on causing me to have to reset after restarting car. Nipped into Lexus Bolton hoping for a solution. They got the multi media expert to look at it whilst I waited. He reset the system a couple of times and this resulted in the system working correctly. Everything now back to normal inc. info being sent to the app.

Once again a great service from the dealership on responding even though I had no appointment.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 4:17 PM, AlanDL said:

I have the update, and all the functions seem to work (trips recorded, nav favourites/recent trips etc) all there.  However, I now have a horrible blue splash screen when turning on asking me to agree privacy policy, and it is every time I start. No one has mentioned it, so it maybe because I deleted my profile to stop the annoying alert about syncing my profile. I am the only driver, so all my settings on the car are for me, and the favourites are all saved by the car.  I wonder if I have to have the profile set now to get rid of this screen.  I also pressed the do not agree button, and still navigation and voice worked, so do not know if there is any real consequence for not agreeing to the terms and conditions etc.  Any views?

I have now tried to set up a profile, rather than the native "Lexus" as the profile.  I can't even set up a second profile.  I have used the app, scanned the code, entered the code, and still it just says registration failed.  I have pressed the reset button for the profiles, but this has just changed some of the settings, and lost my navigation favourites and recent journey's, and still can't set up a new profile.  And still have the blue warning screen on turning on.  Clearly I am not able to set up a profile with the car as it is.  So the only thing left is to do a full system reset from the Info and Settings screen.  I am not sure I want to do that yet, just in case some other solution comes to mind.  It is annoying that to avoid one annoyance (the profile sync issue) I now have to start all over again. Any words of comfort for the system reset option?

Post the update the app keeps warning me that the car is unlocked when clearly this isn't the case! One issue addressed and another appears! 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, AlanDL said:

I have now tried to set up a profile, rather than the native "Lexus" as the profile.  I can't even set up a second profile.  I have used the app, scanned the code, entered the code, and still it just says registration failed.  I have pressed the reset button for the profiles, but this has just changed some of the settings, and lost my navigation favourites and recent journey's, and still can't set up a new profile.  And still have the blue warning screen on turning on.  Clearly I am not able to set up a profile with the car as it is.  So the only thing left is to do a full system reset from the Info and Settings screen.  I am not sure I want to do that yet, just in case some other solution comes to mind.  It is annoying that to avoid one annoyance (the profile sync issue) I now have to start all over again. Any words of comfort for the system reset option?

System reset causes no problems apart from data in multimedia is lost. For instance favourite radio stations need to be saved again and the link key switch activated for the keyless entry to function. You will also need to relink system to your lexus+ account. Took about 10 mins to input radio stuff and what was required for link up. Hope this is a reassurannce

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

I assume this update is only for the 14" display with embedded navigation?

Anyone with the 10" display had an update?

I have and it’s hopeless, I can’t get the blue arrows to stay on, think I will have to do the system reset which is a thought on its own!

• Sad 1

On 2/20/2024 at 4:47 PM, AlanDL said:

Hold the key up to the power button when doing it - I had the same issue but holding the key to the power button does seem to work - not really sure why

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 5:39 PM, Eggie said:

System reset causes no problems apart from data in multimedia is lost. For instance favourite radio stations need to be saved again and the link key switch activated for the keyless entry to function. You will also need to relink system to your lexus+ account. Took about 10 mins to input radio stuff and what was required for link up. Hope this is a reassurannce

Thanks Eggie.  I have just done the reset, and did manage to do the complete reset, set up my profile, link all my keys to it, and phone etc.  It did lose all the settings I had redone when I did the previous reset (just from the personal info menu), but amazingly my previous favourites and recent destinations have reappeared.  These were set with the native Lexus profile, so no idea how that has happened.  I did lose the station favourites, but as you say, easily reloaded.  No more blue terms and conditions screen.  And the app is recording the journeys, although not tried a journey since this last update.  So all is well.  Let's just see if the horrible profile sync issue emerges again.  Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.  I have a suggestion or two for Toyota, like why are they such dicks when it comes to all this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, AlanDL said:

Let's just see if the horrible profile sync issue emerges again

I'm still getting that bloody annoying message at frequent intervals. Anyone know how to be rid of it for good?

I think the Terms and Conditions screen will come up when the car does not start up in your profile.  It came up all the time when I had no profile loaded, so it was in native "Lexus" as the user.  Having just done a complete reset and loaded my profile, it still came up if the car started without the profile loading (happened while I was testing the linking keys function): so the car comes up in Guest mode.  By not agreeing to the terms and conditions, the only difference I saw was that it did not record the trips (although I suspect that it recorded overall mileage etc), so that privacy is maintained for the guest (or thief).  So if the car is started with a non-linked key or linked Bluetooth device, or it didn't register it quickly enough, the guest mode is activated, and the screen will come up.  I can see that if you had users who didn't want to see the trips, this could be useful. On the other hand, as an owner, I would like to know where the car has been.  Especially if it was taken by a thief.  Presumably the data is collected, but not made available on the app.  I did notice that when in Lexus mode, the journeys were not shown in the app if the t&cs weren't agreed with, but when they were ticked, the journey was shown.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 5:04 PM, Ken R said:

I updated today and followed the instructions regarding enabling connected services however when I turn the engine off and back on again the connected services revert to disabled!!! Any ideas???

Als getting this issue since i had the 2050 update on sunday 18th. Been pulling my hair out having to turn on the data services before every journey. Will try the full system reset on the weekend. Pleased to know its not a faulty unit and others are also experiencing the same issue.

So...one week on since latest update and getting frustrated.

App not showing trips, overview of economy/ mpg/speeed etc, car location, incorrect door locked/unlocked.

One hour spent at dealer this week for reset and no further forward. Got the feeling that they are giving up as now passing the problem to my 3 month old Samsung phone compatibility! which worked fine since before the update.

Looking at the top right of screen on start up it shows the two arrows with line through it[ someone mentioned this in a previous post] which I am sure is the connection issue problem. When I go into settings, security/info, activate all data to on, Use location date, to on, then agree to T&C. The two arrows now disappear....trips, car location, now working fine......until I switch off. Switch back on and back to square one i.e two arrows back with same issue on the app.

On first trying i.e settings, activate all data screen, etc, there is also a blue button named Security Lock [see pic]. On activating this it then comes up with a notice saying it may require a password should the unit loose power, so left it alone just in case.

Would appreciate if someone can confirm if this Security Lock should be in the on position, before I try that, should it work .....OR  if anyone has the same problem and now fixed then again would greatly appreciate any help, before I take this issue further.

Tried calling Lexus MultiMedia Team yesterday. Answer machine only which informs that "due to a recent update this department is very busy to take any calls, please get help from the website etc "

I wonder why !!

20240224_135107.jpg

I too had the same issues following the latest software update that you have described (Arrow icon with the cross through it; no journeys being recorded; unable to get last known car location; Connected Services not enabled under Info and Security). After trying many times to get these services to stay enabled, the problem just went away without me doing anything else. Since then I have used the car a few times and the services have remained enabled (the only one that doesn't is the "Use voice data" service which I have given up on for now) and the Arrow icon is blue (meaning that the car is communicating with the Lexus servers).

Sorry that any of the above probably isn't of much help for your particular problems but what I can say is that the Security lock" settling is disabled and I have never dared to enable it so I don't think that enabling it will help you. 

I know that one or two others on here had the same issues but not sure if for them the problem just resolved itself like it did for me. 

Hope you get if sorted soon. 

The scurity lock does nothing to sort the issues caused after update. All that does is enable you to put a password on the system which means without the password you cannot access the unit. You can turn it on and read what it does then cancel it by switching it off again without inputting anything.

all data switches should be on and if they not remaining on then a system reboot is required. All saved details e.g. radio stations etc will need to be re-entered after reboot.  The media boffin at Lexus Bolton did mine whilst I watched him. Took about 10 mins start to finish because he did have to reset it a couple of times.  Everything now works inc. trip info on the Lexus+ app.

My Lexus dealer removed my NX from Lexus Link+. I then added the car and re-registered my profile on the app and linked the keys to my profile.

Everything now works as before  - and amazingly all my Satnav favourites and recent journeys reappeared in Navigation.

• Like 2

After days of frustration since doing the OTA update to Navigation Services and Voice Services and having to give my agreement before every journey, I am now finally up and running. I complicated things for myself by deciding that now would also be a good time to change from the original Lexus Link app (which I was very happy with) to the Lexus Link Plus app (see the "App Version Please" thread if you're interested in the details) but I got there in the end.

In summary:

I deleted the phone apps and their cache. I forced Lexus Link Plus v2.5.2 onto my phone.

I reset the settings in the Infotainment screen.  I had to do this 3 times! On the third time, a different QR code was displayed and there was a third option to agree to (previously only 2 agreement options were showing).

After completing all the options, I now have a car that doesn't need my agreement every time I get into it (ie the connectivity arrows are staying blue and not greyed out) and the app is showing the trip data and the car's location for the last two journeys. Unfortunately, I no longer seem able to download my Trips history; either from the app or from the portal. Anybody know if this is possible?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

I reset the settings in the Infotainment screen.  I had to do this 3 times! On the third time, a different QR code was displayed and there was a third option to agree to (previously only 2 agreement options were showing).

After completing all the options, I now have a car that doesn't need my agreement every time I get into it (ie the connectivity arrows are staying blue and not greyed out) and the app is showing the trip data

Interesting and glad you are back up and running.....lucky man!!

So as someone who is still battling on as you did, and have been  using the Link + App 2.5.2 for some time..... three questions please Malcolm

[a] Should I try uninstall /reinstall of app first

[b] What settings did you reset in the info screen i.e which steps please 

[c] If a or b works for me what is your favourite tipple !!

28 minutes ago, Mobeam said:

[b] What settings did you reset in the info screen i.e which steps please 

I'd be interested to know that too please, did the upgrade and also got the greyed-out communication arrows and trips not appearing in the app ...

Bear in mind that I am no expert and have no inside knowledge so I can only tell you what I think - You've guessed it, disclaimer coming up! I bear no responsibility for what may happen to your system. Of course, everything should be recoverable. In my case, I felt obliged to take some risk as my dealer is 160 miles away. Remember, I'm using an Android phone.

If you have Lexus Link Plus version 2.5.2 installed and it was working okay before you did the OTA Navigation Services and Voice Services update, I would leave that alone to start with. If the following doesn't get you going, I would "Clear cache" in the app (from the phone's Settings\Apps\Storage) and try again. If it still didn't work, I would also then "Clear storage" (same place) and try again. Only if the problems persisted would I: clear both caches, delete and reinstall the app. If Lexus Link Plus wasn't working okay before the OTA update; personally, I'd go straight for the reinstall.

Now for the scary bit (only because I don't really understand why this works). With the car in Ready mode, in the car Settings, go to Info & Security and press Reset, heed the warning that this will delete your profile. Your personal Info, Bluetooth, etc should be gone, if not, try a reset again. I think I also pressed the Reset option in the Personal Info section as well. Be patient, the car seems a bit slow to respond sometimes; I think it may have to connect with Lexus servers. This delay, and my impatience, may be the reason that I ended up doing 3 resets, I just didn't wait long enough for the first Reset to register.

Next I went back to Info & Security. This time, the screen was different, it had 3 agreement options (Not Agree, Agree with Multimedia, Agree with Multimedia and Voice, - or something like that) instead of the two agreement options seen hitherto. Also, the displayed QR code was different, denser, than I had seen before. I scanned the QR code and almost instantly was taken to the next screen. My app was now showing the mileage, charge state, location, last recorded journey, etc as expected.

I then went through the Infotainment Settings screens from top to bottom. I found some of my preferences needed to be set again (such as linking my key, pairing with my phone) but others were remembered, presumably stored along with my account info at Lexus. 

Touch wood, several on/off cycles and a couple of journeys later, and all seems to be well and the connection arrows have remained blue (connected) since performing the above.

Hope this helps and works for you. Good Luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links