Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Japanese import sat nav swap problem

Hi,

we just started swapping Japanese sat nav unit for European one and it looks completely different at the back.

Connections are different and I don’t know how to bite it. Any idea?

On the left European.IMG_1167.thumb.jpeg.f11e10a8b7b618c921793f768bcc894d.jpegIMG_1168.thumb.jpeg.6658c776be0a1a9c643ba6d881319e92.jpeg

I think this sort of question has been asked before and different connectors have been the answer.

I think the simple answer is it is not possible.

I have yet to come across someone who successfully done this.

1 hour ago, DamianLEX said:

Hi,

we just started swapping Japanese sat nav unit for European one and it looks completely different at the back.

Connections are different and I don’t know how to bite it. Any idea?

On the left European.IMG_1167.thumb.jpeg.f11e10a8b7b618c921793f768bcc894d.jpegIMG_1168.thumb.jpeg.6658c776be0a1a9c643ba6d881319e92.jpeg

I assume there is no conversion harness that can be used for this then?  Barring having access to the wiring diagrams for both I can imagine it will be a struggle....

Well, so most likely I’m going to send one back.

How do people convert it then here in UK?

Maybe similar story has been approached before? 

Many might use their phones …… wayze. google maps whatever …… rather than trying to achieve “ the impossible “ 

Malc 

Is there any third party unit to connect there without changing all cables and connections? I mean to install some custom one with Japanese connections. 

I have no idea what Japanese one has or not but only 2 connectors fit to uk version so pointless.

Does not matter now as I’m sending the uk Navi back.

I will be converting to some aftermarket unit if car does not sell. We will see what happens soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like neither are Mark Levinson. 

Yours and the one you bought differ in that yours has 'Auto' in air recirculation and the other doesn't. Can't say for sure if that could be the reason the rear plugs are different. 

If you're still interested in looking for a UK unit, get the seller to send you a pic of the rear to compare plugs. 

It won't work. It's a different system essentially. And wiring as you already know. I would suggest aftermarket head unit with carplay etc, BUT from the pics you posted I can see it won't work either.

This is the back of an aftermarket unit for pre-facelift cars and facelift cars without screen. You don't have the 8pin canbus plug 🙂

There are some units that are supported by facelift cars with a screen, but I can't find it atm. Look online. Retro-fitting won't work between jdm/uk cars. MAYBE on pre-facelift cars.

S60832c2ff58640e5b6aba8e0b995c55dx.jpg

I finally found it after spending whole yesterdays evening.

So, the unit I have got in my JDM 2014 ISF was manufactured from MID 2013-2015 

I found some examples in USA with a bit profibited price but it is possible at least.

In UK, year 2013 was to introduce IS mk3 where on some other markets there were still 2nd gen is250s, is350s and few ISFs between mid 2013-2015. And in those cars the unit installed was the one I’m struggling with.

It is easy to recognise. Below yellow Lexus logo there is one big button with written

CH-TRACK or PRST-TRACK.

Mystery solved. 

I'm not so sure because the CD unit can be separated from the top unit - radio, nav, climate control etc

I think I have a similar problem as mine also has tv and hard drive...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links