Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

From NX450h+ to RX450h+

Will shortly be joining this section of the LOC as I am scheduled to take delivery of a RX450h+ Premium Plus with panoramic roof next week. Currently have a 2022 NX450h+ Premium Plus with sunroof which in turn replaced a NX300h Luxury with panoramic roof. Have gone for Sonic Platinum with Ammonite Sand interior.

Didn't particularly set out to go for the RX450h as I was actually considering a NX450h+ F-sport for the second half of this year, however I sat in an RX450h + in the showroom, was given a test drive and I was smitten!

Look forward to future conversations and will post some pics!

• Like 5

I'm very interested to hear how you get on with it, as it's something I plan (or at least home) to move onto in a few years.

I'm currently in a 2014 RX and when the NX450h+ came out I thought that would be a strong consideration for the future. I had one as a loan car, but somehow it just didn't do it for me Earlier this year I had a go in a new RX450h+ and that was much more like it.

My current car should last long enough to get me to a point where secondhand 5th gen RXs are within budget.

My preference would be a Premium, as I like the fact it has 19" wheels which would suit the rural area I live. I'm sure it still has more than enough toys....

• Like 1

New car day today! Usual exemplary handover by Lexus Edinburgh. Fully charged, full tank of fuel and TWO KEYS! 🔑 😁. Second key issued in a presentation case! Rubber floor mats no longer part of the optional protection pack but Lexus Edinburgh added these. Mud flaps still unavailable so these will be fitted once they are back in stock along with locking wheel bolts.

20240319_113327.thumb.jpg.49b5c988f610659740f79f77b9e85b56.jpg20240319_131428.thumb.jpg.51b86b05908cc5e4680d6d617ea2f777.jpg20240319_131456.thumb.jpg.1f544759c1b4160eb04698b4d7f76ea4.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Looks great Ken, it has got me itching again🙄

We had a very similar hand over experience when we collected the NX from  Lexus Ipswich, wonder if the 2nd key presentation case is the same 🤔

Enjoy 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ken R said:

New car day today! Usual exemplary handover by Lexus Edinburgh. Fully charged, full tank of fuel and TWO KEYS! 🔑 😁. Second key issued in a presentation case! Rubber floor mats no longer part of the optional protection pack but Lexus Edinburgh added these. Mud flaps still unavailable so these will be fitted once they are back in stock along with locking wheel bolts.

20240319_113327.thumb.jpg.49b5c988f610659740f79f77b9e85b56.jpg20240319_131428.thumb.jpg.51b86b05908cc5e4680d6d617ea2f777.jpg20240319_131456.thumb.jpg.1f544759c1b4160eb04698b4d7f76ea4.jpg

Sonic platinum, best colour IMHO?

• Thanks 1

Congratulations Ken and enjoy it!

When you can and after experiencing it, I would appreciate your opinion as to comparing it to the NX in particular to the ride, tyres, suspensions, noise and seat comfort on  longer journeys. 

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the RX is soooo comfortable that Ken has fallen asleep and forgotten about us! 🤣🤣🤣.......or he doesn't like it!?

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2024 at 5:20 PM, Pm4 said:

I think the RX is soooo comfortable that Ken has fallen asleep and forgotten about us! 🤣🤣🤣.......or he doesn't like it!?

Sorry - not really had a chance to use it with only a few local journeys recorded and mileage still below 300 completed almost entirely in EV mode. It's extremely comfortable as expected and I'm getting to grips with the technology. Currently getting around 35 miles on a full charge but temperatures are not helping so expect over 40 when they rise to the seasonal norm! Feels MUCH bigger than the NX and more than the actual additional dimensions with supermarket car park spaces tight. The parking aids (camera etc) a huge help.

Excess speed notification is a bit of a pain particularly when 20mph signs are misaligned at junctions to 30/40mph roads as the camera picks them up!

Have taken up the offer of Lexus minor repair insurance just in case it picks up some scars in car parks etc and considering alloy wheel insurance as well because the rims look particularly vulnerable.

More will follow once a get the mileage up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for your update Ken, it’s always interesting to hear from other drivers about the RX. I’ve been driving mine sine July last year and have pretty much managed to train myself to mute the excess speed warning sound (although I do like to have the visual warning still on) each time I set off. As I’ve stated elsewhere I also find supermarket car parks challenging and that’s after downsizing from an L322 Range Rover! I suppose that was rather slab sided and a higher seating position, but I also think that there’s a lot of information being sent to the brain in the RX with all the camera angles, warning symbols and sounds plus good, old-fashioned mirrors going on. I need to spend some time in a quiet car park and use the automated parking function. I’ve tried it 4 times to date and each time it’s not been a comfortable experience so have ended up overriding it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks Ken, I appreciate that and look forward to more when you can. The speed warning, does it actually reduce the speed automatically or is it just a warning? Many negative comments on this subject. 

• Like 1

Forgot to ask, it sounds that the electric range is lower than the nx?     Also, how does the boot space compare to the nx?

No hurry, cheers! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken R said:

Feels MUCH bigger than the NX and more than the actual additional dimensions with supermarket car park spaces tight. The parking aids (camera etc) a huge help.

Ken, that was exactly the point I was trying to make to the wife when we were changing from the RX to the NX. The RX only feels much bigger when in fact it is only slightly bigger. I think that the more curved lines of the NX on the bonnet and from the mid doors upwards is the reason why it feels much smaller.

Oh, and I do miss the boot space of the RX and the retractable boot cover. On paper the RX and NX are similar but practically the RX can consume more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Many thanks Ken, I appreciate that and look forward to more when you can. The speed warning, does it actually reduce the speed automatically or is it just a warning? Many negative comments on this subject. 

It's only a warning with the speed sign flashing and audible notification so it doesn't automatically reduce your speed.

7 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Forgot to ask, it sounds that the electric range is lower than the nx?     Also, how does the boot space compare to the nx?

No hurry, cheers! 

Electric range is less than what I was achieving in the NX but should improve as the temperatures hopefully rise.

Boot space is bigger than the NX although I find the various compartments beneath the boot floor not quite as useful. The retractable load covet is a big improvement over the NX.

• Like 1

FYI I’ve found that the EV range has gradually increased over time. Mine now shows 48 miles on a full charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2024 at 6:20 PM, Xez said:

FYI I’ve found that the EV range has gradually increased over time. Mine now shows 48 miles on a full charge.

That could be due to the weather warming at this time of year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

That could be due to the weather warming at this time of year.

I agree that the weather has helped to increase range, but also it’s worth noting that last summer when I purchased the car the expected range was showing 41-42 miles and that it has steadily improved since.

• Thanks 1

Hi 

That looks great in the Platinum. I’ve just taken delivery of a deep blue one with the darker leather, pan roof and protection package (needed the liner as we have a dog). 

I test drove the NX and RX before opting for the RX because it had more room but also felt more planted if you know what I mean. Both felt like great cars.

Got it on Friday with a similar Red Bow unveil from Lexus. It’s my first ever Lexus after 15 years with an old shape XC90. I’ve feel like I’ve been propelled into the future with the array of tech. I didn’t even have DAB radio or Sat Nav before!! 

I’ve worked out how to reduce some of the over zealous warning beeps by lowering the settings but am trying to balance the value they provide with the distraction levels. Like you Xez, I mute the traffic sign alert but keep the visual. 

Really impressed so far. Incredibly quiet though I’ve only been on electric so far as only local trips. Range saying 38.7 on a full charge initially.  Does that improve after a few weeks as I think you’ve suggested 40+ above?

Look forward to your updates and any tips. 

David

IMG_1867.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks great! 

I haven't yet reached the heady heights of 38.7 but its steadily rising. Some milder weather will help! The range is pretty exact whereas the NX450h+ which I had previously was rather optimistic particularly in cold weather.

Happy motoring!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pally said:

Does that improve after a few weeks as I think you’ve suggested 40+ above?

This is my status following the charge yesterday….. keep the faith 😂

IMG_0405.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2024 at 7:41 AM, Ken R said:

Have taken up the offer of Lexus minor repair insurance just in case it picks up some scars in car parks etc and considering alloy wheel insurance as well because the rims look particularly vulnerable.

Hi Ken R, 

Just visiting from the NX forum! 😁

I had the tyre & alloy wheel insurance on the last NX (and now on my new one). I made a claim on the first car as I had a tyre replaced due to a puncture. They paid out without fuss the max of £250 per claim - just one word of warning, if claiming for a new tyre, make sure you download the claim form and follow the instructions BEFORE you get the tyre fitted. I didn't and had to revisit the dealer to get photos and sign off by the service team.

I can't get the minor repair insurance as the small print says if you use the car for business you aren't covered - I have business use on my insurance as I travel to meetings with clients.

You more 'mature' folk are alright. 😄

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links