Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scrotes Part Ii

Damer

Three weeks ago I caught 4 lads trying to break into my house, apparently to get my car keys. :angry:

Following that I put a steel chain across my car port as a temporary fix whilst I tried to sort out getting a parking post.

Anyway last night someone tried to pull the chain down, luckily all they suceeded in doing was pulling out the concrete fence post, so they must have been serious.

Gonna spend the afternoon refixing the fence now.

Need to get a post installed ASAP, hopefully next week.

If you are in South Manchester area please beware, someone wants a Lexus, bad.

:angry:

hey how about connecting that chain to the mains supply!!! lol. should supprise them!

but seriously now is the time to invest in a decent (protected) cctv system (about £100) and some flood lights connected to it!

that should make them think twice about doing it

hey how about connecting that chain to the mains supply!!! lol. should supprise them!

but seriously now is the time to invest in a decent (protected) cctv system (about £100) and some flood lights connected to it!

that should make them think twice about doing it

doubt it

home videos dont seem to have any effect on the culprits being apprehended

police just dont seem to be interested in them

Security post due to installed on Tuesday. Hopefully persuade wife not to make me sell the car.

CCTV I doubt would work they'd just wear hoodies, hats etc.

Already have PIR activated lights as do all my neighbours, doesn't seem to do owt.

Security company said leave keys on table, let them take the car!

Checked the fence post they broke, snapped the post in the concrete base, must have given some serious grief.

I have just bought a driveway monitor ,it gives out a very loud beeping noise as soon as anyone comes onto your drive .drives you a bit mad though at 6.30 in the morning when the paper boy brings the paper,but gives piece of mind knowing that as soon as anyone come onto drive it go's of

yeah its gotta be something audible, shame that cctv wont work tho.

I agree tho a bit with leaving the keys where they can get em once in the house. last thing you want is them coming into your room etc. have heard of that happening in london. very scary.

Such a shame that we had to give up all our hand guns after dunblane! now that would deter them a bit more

People,

Some advice, with the keys ...... the fact of the keys being near the door, has nothing to do with them theif comming INTO your house to take the keys.

That doesn't happen, and if it does, it's going to be for a car like a ferrari , or something that costs' over £100K

Leaving your keys near the front door allows the scroat to use either

1) Fishing rod

2) Bamboo Stick

To put through your letter box, and fish out your keys ... then drive off with the car !

This is happening A LOT over the past few months, although lateley there has been a spate of SILVER PORSCHES being stolen, recently a SILVER AUDI A6 was stolen, same means .... so i'd say SILVER IS200 owners be a little more AWARE!.

There is obviously a demand for the SILVER cars.

Regards,

not prevention I know - but do you have a tracker fitted to the car?

I have always had one fitted, and had Tracker Monitor and Guard fitted on my first IS.

This car was written off in an accident, and literally as the car was being put on the trailer, I got a phone call from Tracker asking if I knew my vehicle was in motion.

Believe the boys in blue have an excellent record in recovering vehicles with these fitted too.

Can also get a reduction in insurance premium for having one fitted ;)

Matthew,

"The boys in blue"

Have certain ways of tracking the vehicle fitted with tracker.

If the vehicle has a low budget tracker system fitted, all the police "area cars" (BMW's , omegas , and the helicopter) just get a signal , either N, E, S, W and it it's either HOT WARM OR COLD , it's pretty crap to be honest.

If you have the decent tracker system fitted, with the GPS system fitted on board, then the police, and helicopter can locate EXACTLY were your vehicle is to a pin.

This is the best option, as police will know exactly where the vehicle is, if it's on the move they can get the helicopter out to follow, while the area cars pursue, or if it's parked, then the local officers will arrange the recovery of the vehicle.

Regards,

just a note about people coming into you house it doesnt just happen to guys with Very expensive cars (100K +) i know of 3 eg in the last 18 months af people breaking into peoples houses (booting the door down and threatening the owner if no keys where handed over) for a Subaru, BMW and wait for it a lexus so it does happen if someone wants that car bad enough they will do anything for it. I park my car on the road outside of my house (as i do not have a drive or a garage) and never leave my keys any where that can be seen (will not say where) but if some one came in to my house to get them they would be sorry.

I have just bought a driveway monitor ,it gives out a very loud beeping noise as soon as anyone comes onto your drive .drives you a bit mad though at 6.30 in the morning when the paper boy brings the paper,but gives piece of mind knowing that as soon as anyone come onto drive it go's of

Mudz have you got any details on your new gizmo....website??

Agree with Wilo sadly people do boot in doors for "cheaper" cars. Our old childer milder had the unfortunate experience when she was dressing her kids in the morning for a Golf GTi.

Security post man is coming today, if this doesn't put them off afraid the Lexus will be going. :tsktsk:

Mudz have you got any details on your new gizmo....website??

bought mine online but can't remember the site ,but it is one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW it is a bit poorly made but do's the job :)

Found it http://www.sales-services.co.uk/html/driveway_monitor.html

Edited by mudzs

I have just bought a driveway monitor ,it gives out a very loud beeping noise as soon as anyone comes onto your drive.

The Clifford car alarm I've had on my previous two cars has a feature like this, it shrieks when it detects movement near the car to warn that it's armed and the sensitivity of it can be adjusted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links