Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Total Apathy

Bazza

I am beginning to wonder why the people who have the interest of this club ever bother

seems very few other people can be bothered

yes i am talking meets here :

LOC organised meets

meets which certain people have put a lot of time and effort into organising

who for ??

jap performance : 9 members

japs: 4 members

xmas do : 7 members

in a club which has over 7500 registered members !

these events are held not only for the promotion of the club , but also for the benefit of the members,

everyone is welcome and always have been, yet people who live but a short distance cant even be bothered to turn up

these are good events, chosen with everyone in mind,

i see the same members on the forums adding their posts asking their questions

but fail to see most of them ever attending a meet

we all drive lexus cars, and i am sure that they are all capable of doing more than 10 miles from home !!

would it hurt to answer the meet posts, ask a few questions and maybe explain why they feel unable to attend

i can only see one thing happening here

no meets !!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what its worth I agree with the above....

A good example is the summer BBQ..........lots of moaning by members....subsidised BBQ organised in a venue agreed by all (Donnington) New BBQ purchased & towed 400 miles by Steve members from the south,north and..........aido from the midlands if i remember right...

total of 9 cars at most ...........pathetic.

So everyone extract the middle digit and start supporting the club

Off to bed :blush:

i am new to the club (april 04) i have tryed to go to every meet, club mini meets that i can, but i dont make them all, i have 4 kids and a wife ( dose not like cars ) and i work shifts, i get every other weekend off, but i do try to get to as many as poss, some i can not make, some i can, but i will continue to try and make as many as poss. thanks gordon. hope to see you soon ;)

I do try to get to most meets,

"gaydon,jae,santa pod,and some min/meets like bluewater, HIN london"

and i will be at santa pod on the 10th as well, i hear what you are saying Bazz we should get a lot more going to the meets, but out of all the members on here i would say only 20% of them like to MOD there IS, so the ones that are not in to it you are not going to get them at meets, i know its not just for moded IS,s but 95% of the meets are.

but i all so have wife & 3 kids at home, and as i work for myself i have to keep looking for that next job, as my job takes up most of my time so i can only get to some of the meets that are put on by LOC. i would love to come to all of them :whistling:

:offtopic:

I dont know about you guys but this is the only car i have ;) and i have had it one year now and i have put 22000 miles on it :crybaby:

mines not modded B)

is that a sports grill in your avatar mate? :P

i dont think meets are all about modded cars, i go to see the people mainly and have a good laugh with em all. its hard for people to get to meets sometimes as we all know and i personally do my best although its been a hard year this year with one thing and another.

im very disappointed at the reply to the loc xmas party thread though, i mean whats going on?

i know i do

i also go to meet up with everyone,

i have made some good friends on here through the meets, yourself included of course :)

:blush: yea same here mate i have made some good friends from going to LOC meets as you know you are one of them :whistling: , and i hope to keep on makeing them, i love going to meets just to see all the new mods that guys have put on there cars,

any way i will see you all on the 10th at the Pod :driving: may take it for a run as well to see how slow it is :lol:

I understand many people have other commitments, we all do inc myself.

I try and make as many meets as possible cause it gives me a break from the normal crap of a busy week plus I get to see many friends that I have made since joinin some 3yrs ago now.

At least you guys will say "listen I'm sorry I cant make this cause I've got to such and such"

What really narks me is I tried to organise several meets recently which only a small handfull replied to, even if it was just to say sorry I cant (i Understand) but theres another few thounsand members who will read the topics and not even bother to reply, now I'm goin to these meets on my own like I was at Trax.

Am new to the LOC scene, but have seen the 'few doing much for the many' in another life as a member of my football club commitee, and can acknowledge the frustration.

I look forward to meeting as many of you over time as I can, but will have to (at least to start with) leave my new IS in the land of the un-modded or risk the wrath of the company (whose money I gladly take every month to pay for it).

The next time there is anything setup within a sensible radius of south Bucks, I'll be doing my best to attend - even if it is just to find out what I can do to my IS after I have paid off the mortgage.

and i will be at santa pod on the 10th as well, i hear what you are saying Bazz we should get a lot more going to the meets, but out of all the members on here i would say only 20% of them like to MOD there IS, so the ones that are not in to it you are not going to get them at meets, i know its not just for moded IS,s but 95% of the meets are.

but i all so have wife & 3 kids at home, and as i work for myself i have to keep looking for that next job, as my job takes up most of my time so i can only get to some of the meets that are put on by LOC. i would love to come to all of them :whistling:

I dont know about you guys but this is the only car i have ;) and i have had it one year now and i have put 22000 miles on it :crybaby:

meets are not to do with modding

there about meeting others from the club

because without a doubt we all have a common interest , or we wouldnt be here

so many times i hear ....my wife doesnt like cars

well the xmas do will have very little to do with cars

just a bunch of us having a good time

when Steve takes the time and trouble to try and organise something like this and ends up with very few people wanting to go or even to say "sorry i wont be able to make it" , seems a bit of a joke

the same bloke who tirelessly spends all year keeping and maintaining the site for us all to use,

i have to ask myself why he bothers ??

i am not moaning at any one inparticular (certainly not marcus) but as a whole , i think 4 members turning up this weekend is a joke

a poor show by any clubs standards

we all read what the scooby club did for the young lad !!!

what chance would we have

i am also married with two kids, i run my own business, and part run another, so i am well aware and appreciate lack of time, i look on it as a chance to meet others , and most of all, its social aspect

why dont people bring wives along ?

why not suggest a family meet ?

I dont know about you guys but this is the only car i have  ;)  and i have had it one year now and i have put 22000 miles on it  :crybaby:

meets are not to do with modding

there about meeting others from the club

because without a doubt we all have a common interest , or we wouldnt be here

so many times i hear ....my wife doesnt like cars

well the xmas do will have very little to do with cars

just a bunch of us having a good time

when Steve takes the time and trouble to try and organise something like this and ends up with very few people wanting to go or even to say "sorry i wont be able to make it" , seems a bit of a joke

the same bloke who tirelessly spends all year keeping and maintaining the site for us all to use,

i have to ask myself why he bothers ??

i am not moaning at any one inparticular (certainly not marcus) but as a whole , i think 4 members turning up this weekend is a joke

i am also married with two kids, i run my own business, and part run another, so i am well aware and appreciate lack of time, i look on it as a chance to meet others , and most of all, its social aspect

why dont people bring wives along ?

why not suggest a family meet ?

I hear where you are comeing from Bazz i do mate, as for the XMAS doo! i dont know if i can make this but i will let you know soon :winky:

I like to come to every single meeting there is with the club, as that a way i can meet some of you guys, but unfortunatly i ran my own business, and is unfair to ask the rest of the family to work while im enjoying myself somewhere else, another thing is the distance i have to travel to some of the meet, so its not possible i can attend every single meet, as for the xmas party, i didnt reply as that the most busiest times of the year for my business, and if i cant make it, why post? i dont really want to post on a meet and not turn up, as you guys may think im taking the P***..... ;) ;) ;) ;)

only 4 of us at the motorshow northwest 2004 event at aintree race course a few weekends ago too. real shame cos we had a great pitch, loads of flyers went and we could've made a real impact.

thats definitely one peeps should make an effort to attend next year, and its a weekend thing so we can all stop over and go out and have a good crack. entertainment for the family there too, plenty of toilets, food places etc. it was the first time its been held this year and im sure it will grow and grow.

its a long way to travel for some of you but worth it for a weekend.

without meeting you guys and having a good laugh the club wouldnt be what it is so come on peeps, get yer fingers out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read with interest all the replies on this topic.

I personally have not been to a LOC meet yet. Couple of reasons being I am 50 years old and think that the meets are for the younger guys(and girls) and also that most of them are down South. Which would invovle a stopover 'cos I like a pint! On saying that I must say that LOC is one of the best clubs around and ALL the Moderators and Admin put great effort in making it stay that way.The vast majority of the members on here are very friendly and offer advice at every opportunity,even if it is only a witty remark! I'm sure that if more members attended LOC meets then it would become an even better club. It would be nice to put names to faces. I can see why the people that organise these events think that it is a thankless task, when so very few turn out.

I am going to promise myself that I will attend a meeting. If only to say a personal thankyou to the people that organised it and the many other events they endeavor to arrange for the sake of LOC. Such as group buys, Gold discounts etc. Which I am sure we all take advantage of. and take for granted.

But don't despair I am sure that I speak for a lot of members on here that this is a great club and fantastic knowledgebase for Lexus owners and that it is enjoyed by many that are silent.

Regards Terry

Hey - keep going with the meets - I try to go to as many as possible but like many I have other commitments too - I don't respond to posts of meets I can't attend to save clogging the posts and boring everyone (ie Xmas meet clashes with company do) ...

Andy.

i agree too,i live the furthest away up here ,every meet i go to it costs me 60 quid just for fuel but i still come along ,i travelled 6 hrs for jae,two and a half hours on sunday,3 hrs at the liverpool meet ,need i say more chappys.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk