Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Be careful around Slough!

Claire G

A friend iof mine was driving along the Bath Road in Slough and spotted a chap stood by the traffic lights. She didn't think much of it until the lights turned red and he opened up the passenger door of the car in front and nicked their laptop.

At work we've been advised to drive with the doors locked, and the obvious, sensible option is to keep anything valuable locked in the boot.

"Let's be careful out there....!" :o

yeah people are sick to do things like that. drive with your doors locked. i got maglites by my door and spanner in the glove box. not advising people to do this or saying its right but i aint chancing nothin. the only way they will get my car or personnal belongings is if they got a gun coz otherwise they will be gettin knocked the **** out!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Hi djanderso

Reading is no-where near London - it's about 40 miles away - it's like calling Glasgow "Edinburgh"! :lol:

Anyway don't worry - I live in Reading and I've had no problems with car (or any other) crime. :) (I used to live in a low risk insurance area up north - in Hull and had my car broken into twice and vandalised twice and flat broken into! :rolleyes: )

Originally posted by djanderso

Oh great, I'm coming down to London next week (Reading to be exact), thank *** I'm leaving my IS at Glasgow Airport - Will have a laptop though!:rolleyes:

Don't go walking down Bath Road in Slough, will you?:D

You could always carry a battered cod in the glovebox to smack 'em with :lol:

Originally posted by javadude

Hi djanderso

Reading is no-where near London - it's about 40 miles away - it's like calling Glasgow "Edinburgh"! :lol:

Anyway don't worry - I live in Reading and I've had no problems with car (or any other) crime. :) (I used to live in a low risk insurance area up north - in Hull and had my car broken into twice and vandalised twice and flat broken into! :rolleyes: )

Sorry, didn't mean to offend and point taken (I never was very good at geography!):)

Originally posted by Grangey

Oh great, I'm coming down to London next week (Reading to be exact), thank *** I'm leaving my IS at Glasgow Airport - Will have a laptop though!:rolleyes:

Don't go walking down Bath Road in Slough, will you?:D

You could always carry a battered cod in the glovebox to smack 'em with :lol:

was that comment a ***** take towards me Grangey

Sorry, didn't mean to offend and point taken (I never was very good at geography!)

None taken - I just thought it was funny! :bounce:

Hope you enjoy your time away from all those nasty spectacular mountains, lochs and empty winding roads....errr...

Yesterday at Eastleigh, Hants just past some lights in a residential area I saw an elderly man lying prostate on the pavement. He was not moving at all,I stopped my car rushed over to him thinking that he had collapsed. I said ' Hi, are you all right,can I help? He moved and I saw that he had been trying to turn his water stop ***** off! We had a good laugh.

Originally posted by superchargedmorph

Buy a Doberman and leave it in the passenger seat, it can then steal car jackers/thiefs hands.:cool:

That reminds of a mate of mine who keep a Rottweiler in the back seat of his car..

He was parking his car in the town car park when he was approched by a gang of youths and one of then said..

"give use a fiver mate and we will look after you car" to which my mate said

"***** off I have a big dog in the back seat and he'll tear anyone who so goes near my car"

The youths turned around and looked at eash other and then laughted.Bemused by this my mate asked them "what are you laughing at?"

To which one young lad said "HIS HE ANY GOOD PUTTING OUT FIRES"

:lol::lol::lol:

Radio 1 ran a news report on car jackings a few months back saying that London and Manchester were hot spots.

I kinda felt special as they said target cars were BMW, Merc and Lexus. Then it dawned on me I drive into London regularly!!

They also said that the new way was for people to cause a small accident, ie drive in to the back of you at a set of lights thus forcing you out of the car!!! :flaming::flaming:

Originally posted by Andy.thomas

Radio 1 ran a news report on car jackings a few months back saying that London and Manchester were hot spots.

I kinda felt special as they said target cars were BMW, Merc and Lexus. Then it dawned on me I drive into London regularly!!

They also said that the new way was for people to cause a small accident, ie drive in to the back of you at a set of lights thus forcing you out of the car!!! :flaming::flaming:

Glad all I have to dodge up here are sheep and arrogant 318 drivers! Mind, my car will be left all on it's own this afternoon until Friday at Glasgow Airport Secure Parking - some b4st4rd is bound to throw their door open and hit it. Oh well off to reading we go.... Anybody know the best way to get from Heathrow T1 to Reading Town centre? I'm not using a taxi again after a £50 fare a few years ago!?!

Prob too late now but...

If I wasn't on hols I'd give you a lift - I work in Slough - not far from Heathrow and live in Reading.

Sorry I don't know what the alternatives are like - I've never tried them. You can probably do OK by train - tube from heathrow to paddington then out to reading by thames trains (done 2nd bit - ok). Inwards to paddington with tube is £23.60 or there-abouts for return ticket not sure about the heathrow bit.

I pulled up at manchester airport and parked next to and is200, i noticed the keys were on top of the drivers side front wheel, felt like moving it to a different car park to make a point, some people are mad!, if it had navigation, I dont know if I could have helped my self!!:tumble:

Originally posted by javadude

Prob too late now but...

If I wasn't on hols I'd give you a lift - I work in Slough - not far from Heathrow and live in Reading.

Sorry I don't know what the alternatives are like - I've never tried them. You can probably do OK by train - tube from heathrow to paddington then out to reading by thames trains (done 2nd bit - ok). Inwards to paddington with tube is £23.60 or there-abouts for return ticket not sure about the heathrow bit.

We actually managed to catch a bus from T2 directly to Reading Train Station and it only took about 1 hour £5 each way! Not bad.

Thanks anyway for the info.

We actually managed to catch a bus from T2 directly to Reading Train Station and it only took about 1 hour £5 each way! Not bad.

Whereabouts in Reading did you have to go to? Let us know next time you are down this way and we'll try and sort you out a lift. I work in Slough too and don't live too far from Reading.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links