Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cam Belt Slipped

V9FOS

Has the garage aligned the belt?

What age is your vehicle? I don't understand why you have paid for the stereo to be repaired, it is covered under extended warranty.

hi yes in the end i did get a refund on the stereo which took a while.. lexus have checked the timing and say it is out but they don,t know how it,s happened and need to strip the head down to check whats happened and the damage caused.. does anyone know if the pistons can be damaged if the valves touch

If they haven't realigned the belt how do they know the valves are damaged? Realign and do a compression test.

Not 100% sure on the IS200 engine but normally Toyota engines are non-interference meaning the valves will not touch the pistons.

If they do touch then yes the valves will be damaged and maybe the pistons.

Let me know how you get on and I'll sort you out young man.........however I'm sure lexus will sort you out..........

If its been serviced by them........

hi.. well i,ve been on the phone to lexus gb all day and they are saying that even though the cam belt has caused the damage then it,s not there responsibility as the car is out of warranty and the service book that tells you that the belt should be changed every 100.000 miles is only a guide and is not a guarantee that it won,t break before that... how wrong is that statement when it,s in black and white.. does anyone think i have a case against them?????

Let me know how you get on and I'll sort you out young man.........however I'm sure lexus will sort you out..........

If its been serviced by them........

hi.. well i,ve been on the phone to lexus gb all day and they are saying that even though the cam belt has caused the damage then it,s not there responsibility as the car is out of warranty and the service book that tells you that the belt should be changed every 100.000 miles is only a guide and is not a guarantee that it won,t break before that... how wrong is that statement when it,s in black and white.. does anyone think i have a case against them?????

I'd go and see a solicitor pronto.....they cant have it both ways..........if it broke at 101k miles they'd esacape saying you went over 100k............NO way does it say its a guide............

Most solicitors do a free 1/2 consulatation which lets you know where you stand....

Take everything you've got with you........

Slightly :offtopic: but reading through this post it appears you can get a warning for using caps:

HAS LOC GONE MAD!!!!,and scarface do you want to be a moderator... :P

Come on this is a bit ott(slightly),there are countless post with people not even having basic grammer.......whats the world coming to. J.C.hrist.

Slightly  :offtopic: but reading through this post it appears you can get a warning for using caps:

HAS LOC GONE MAD!!!!,and scarface do you want to be a moderator... :P

Come on this is a bit ott(slightly),there are countless post with people not even having basic grammer.......whats the world coming to.  J.C.hrist.

He was asked to turn off caps not officially warned.

by using caps it makes it harder to read, and also denotes shouting in text language

you dont normally write in caps, no reading matter comes in caps , so why use it here

if you have trouble reading the posts in lower case , try increasing text size or wear glasses !!!

youre gonna wear that spoon out soon pete :P

do i wanna be a moderator as well.......not on your nelly :lol:

Barrie, yes i know all that but ask yourself this.....does it really matter, i mean its not like your life is threatened by it is it?

It must of taken a lot of thought over a cup of tea and some biscuits to come up with that one round the moderating table.

I dont see people being warned about their grammer !!!

It doesnt matter. :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Women must always type in caps coz they're always shouting :lol::lol:

Thats it i'm gonna write in caps forever now

Barrie, yes i know all that but ask yourself this.....does it really matter, i mean its not like your life is threatened by it is it?

It must of taken a lot of thought over a cup of tea and some biscuits to come up with that one round the moderating table.

I dont see people being warned about their grammer !!!

It doesnt matter. :tsktsk:  :tsktsk:

Women must always type in caps coz they're always shouting :lol:  :lol:

Thats it i'm gonna write in caps forever now

dont matter at all mate

does make it hard to read though

i dont think its a mod thing ,more a general thing

OK :P

Sit slightly further back from the comp if it takes a micro sec to adjust your focus. :)

well guys just to keep you all informed. i've been to see citizens advice today and then onwards to my solicitor with all the information i've got and they both will take on this case.. but to top it all off completley i've been in touch with top gear.bbc. who are very interested in the lexus saga and will quite happly feature my vehicle along with the AA to determine how the lexus is not all it's made up to be.. good luck lexus gb...

This is just terrible. Do Lexus really give a toss about their reputation anymore? I just can't believe that my local dealer would treat me like that if I was in this situation...

After all, if this is *so* rare, why don't Lexus just fix it for heavens sake? That way they'd have Top Gear being told how great they are - rather than the other way around...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links