Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Gear Stick Wobble In First Gear

MattCook

I have had my IS200 sport for about 4 months now and it has suffered a gear stick wobble mainly when pulling away in first gear.

It is currently in Lexus Nottingham for it's 50k service and I've asked them to look at this along with several other problems. Has anyone else noticed this? It wobbled much more than the hire car and my friends IS200, unfortunately the hire car this time was an automatic!

They are charging me 190ukp for the 50k service is that about right?

I think it is quite common and not a problem. My also wobbles when i drive in 1st gear slowly and push or release accelerator. If You go in 6 gear, you'll also notice quite strong vibration.

Thats a relief, with the amount of gear box issues people are flagging up I was beginning to worry. (I read quite a few pages of previous posts...)

As to the servicing cost, I might do a ring round before I pick my car up!

Re: servicing

Might be worth asking how much they charge for labour & ask when you shop around. It's seems a common problem for dealer prices to fluctuate. I'll give you an example Lexus Chester quoted me £300 for my 40k service and Lexus Stockport (where I took it) charged me £140, nuff said.

Aye, I think Nottingham are trying to rip me off, I've done a quick straw poll...

Prices for a 50k service on an 02 IS 200

Birmingham - £155 inc VAT

Sheffield - £155.40 inc VAT

Leicester - £165 inc VAT

Leeds - £155 inc VAT

Nottingham - £190 inc VAT

I'm sure I'll be having an interesting conversation with the servicing department at Nottingham later.

Also the details on http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/dealers.php are a tad out of date phone number wise, the number listed for Leicester is not known and Birmingham is actually a SAAB dealership! :P

That's interesting, Nottingham were one of the cheaper dealers this time last year - I can highly recommend Sheffield however, take my car there now for any work, it's easy to find as well, but not as easy to get to as the Nottingham dealership unfortunately from the M1.

Good luck getting things sorted.

Welcome to LOC btw, how did you find it?

That's interesting, Nottingham were one of the cheaper dealers this time last year - I can highly recommend Sheffield however, take my car there now for any work, it's easy to find as well, but not as easy to get to as the Nottingham dealership unfortunately from the M1.

Good luck getting things sorted.

Welcome to LOC btw, how did you find it?

Well, I haggled and got it for £150.60 in the end. They couldn't find anything wrong with the gear stick wobble, so I'll hold tight! I am certainly going to do the ring round for each service now!

As for finding LOC, a google search for gear box/stick troubles...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links