Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Absolutely, Utterly Gutted.

gears

I'm gutted. I skidded on some black ice on Boxing Day. Even the police (who attended) told me that the council hadn't gritted and there's nothing I could've done. Unfortunately for me the Lex hit a tree stump, skidding on top of it and buckling the bottom of my passenger door and underneath the car.

Not only that, but the wings got dented and the boot was caved in. My lovely, gorgeous black Lex was ruined... however I thought I'd get it back...

Not so it seems...

Somehow, as the car needs a new "body shell", the damage is costing £14,000 to repair. The car however is worth £10,500 ... it's an 02 plate... or was... The thing that guts me is the guy at the garage said..

"You'll have to come and get your personal effects, as the car will be crushed next week"

:ohmy::ohmy:

:crying::crying:

Goodbye Lex. You did me proud. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I'm gutted. I skidded on some black ice on Boxing Day. Even the police (who attended) told me that the council hadn't gritted and there's nothing I could've done. Unfortunately for me the Lex hit a tree stump, skidding on top of it and buckling the bottom of my passenger door and underneath the car.

Not only that, but the wings got dented and the boot was caved in. My lovely, gorgeous black Lex was ruined... however I thought I'd get it back...

Not so it seems...

Somehow, as the car needs a new "body shell", the damage is costing £14,000 to repair. The car however is worth £10,500 ... it's an 02 plate... or was... The thing that guts me is the guy at the garage said..

"You'll have to come and get your personal effects, as the car will be crushed next week"

:ohmy:  :ohmy:

:crying:  :crying:

Goodbye Lex. You did me proud.  :crybaby:  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

Bad luck mate I don't know whats going on but insurance companies seem very keen to write off a car at the moment. My friend just crashed his Civic type R and although there was no structural damage ( just 2 wings, bonnet, bumper, radiator and a wheel) they've wrote it off despite saying its worth 12K. I wonder if its the price of the airbags. Did yours go off?

Two airbags went off on the passenger side - the curtain and just to the left of the dashboard. Apparently with Lexus vehicles there aren't many "panels", so if you damage say.. the wing, then you need an entire new body.

How true is this guys ? I did damage the rear panel on the passenger side and bow out the passenger door, plus the front wing and dented the boot, so I can understand it to a degree.

... hopefully I'll get another Lex soon...

Sooo unlucky dude. It is a bit annoying that insurance co.s tend to write cars off... :huh:

Maybe if you wanted you can buy it off the insurance co.s and fix it up yourself...

Food for thought though, take a look at a post I made GAP Insurance?

Does anyone here think its worth getting :question:

Regarding what Del Boy mentioned, I do have GAP insurance - which I needed anyway as the Lex was on a PCP scheme. The car is (according to the insurance company) worth £10,500 (02 plate Lex IS200 S), although I purchased it for £12,500 in March 2004. Now, because I'm on a PCP scheme I need the GAP insurance to make up for the difference in what the insurance company give me (£10,500) and how much is left on finance plus APR and all that jazz.

Luckily the GAP insurance bods are gonna try asking for more than £10,500 - but I can see why they're doing it, they want more from the car insurance people because then the GAP Insurance people will have to pay less money out to me for the difference.

As for what happens now, I'm not entirely sure. The hire car I have (crappy Vauxhall thing, click here to read all about that heap of rubbish) will have to go back soon and according to the GAP Insurance guys I need to purchase "a car similar to the Lexus IS200 which has been written off" - there's an IS300 at the same place I purchased the IS200 here.....

Damn.. I'd say it looks like a right off too mate.

Then again would you have wanted it back after knowing how mangled it once was? ;) From previously been hit by a lorry in my old car.. it never quite felt the same..

Hope the new year brings you some more luck..

can u not offer to buy the car from the crushers, i.e. work out how much is salvageable - get interested parties and divide up the costs and parts as deemed fit.

btw - i need a origional hood , lol

:) Right.. I'm back - hopefully ! :) Later this week I'll be taking delivery of my new Lexus! Hurray! :)

This time it's an 02 plate IS200 SE. I did go and have a look at this IS300 but.. but .. it's an Auto.. I mean.. 6-speed box, or sitting there with an auto.. I like some work to do.. y'know ? :)

Lexus Stoke did me a good deal on a silver Lexus IS 200 SE and the weird thing is that my monthly outgoings will be less per month on this one.

Goodbye...

IMAGE_066.jpg

Hello...

hellonew.jpg

Don't wish to rub salt in the wound but the local councils are under no obligation to grit any roads at any time. So putting a claim in against them just won't be accepted. Sorry

Realspeed

Ho humm.. ahh well, like the missus says, at least I'm still in one piece and all that. I dunno if any of you guys noticed, but in the pictures here you can see how the passenger curtain airbag deflected the branch from the passenger. Luckily there was no passenger anyway, but it's good to know..

Oh, by the way... "Don't wish to rub salt in the wound..." :) :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links