Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What Car Next After Is200

and before all of you shout new Is.. its too far of and i cant wait

also another new one would be a waste as id want the repalcement when it came out!

here's the choices

merc c class , new bmw 3 series, new auid a4, audo sportback, jag x type,saab 93,volvo v50

private buy so residuals a big factor

thoughts?

thanks col new youd be the first to answer  :D

as youve prob read from another thread cost of bmw will be alot more due to new model and no discount

would you still go for it if it was £5000 more?

For the same spec I wouldn't spend £5k more. Then again I personally wouldn't want a BMW anyway due to the image and high cost.

also another new one would be a waste as id want the repalcement when it came out!

here's the choices

merc c class , new bmw 3 series, new auid a4, audo sportback, jag x type,saab 93,volvo v50

thoughts?

driven all three models of the Jag X Type at a launch day.

nice cars inside.

wasn't too fussed about the exterior looks - and seeing them on the road since, they have not grown on me.

Was a very soft ride, lots of body roll in the slightest of bends - even in the sports models with stiffened suspension.

Standard spec was waaayy down on the IS - I spec'd a 2.5 sport up to the same spec as the IS, and was up around 28.5k. (3 and a bit years ago)

here's the choices

thoughts?

RIght, when i bought my BMW, tried Jag, noisy engines, tried Merc, electrical problems and bit too expensive, tried Audi, MUCH 2 much expensive, and volvo was never an option. Personally not keen on Saab. I'd go for BMW, despite what people say they are a fantastic car, but buyt second hand. There are great bargains to be had.

volvo is nice looking car but,snobby i know, not as special as the big three/four

Yes you are right it has not got the prestige of the others but at least with a volvo you will not see one comming the other way everytime you go out as you will with the bmw or the audi.they are well built to and the safty is second to none .as mat said why not wait for the is if it is out this year ,could even sell yours first and drive around in an older car for a while to avoid the drop in prices the new one is gonna have on the old is200

as matter of interest here are the prices i have got for cars

i'm not interested in faster models, or deisels, all cars must look good and have following spec

metalic, auto, cruise ,parking,17" wheels, half leather,centre armrest

volvo s40 2.4(has to be to get auto) ....£23,153

jag 2.0 sport......................................£23,740

audi a4 2.0 sport................................£25,265

merc 180 avantguarde sport...............£23,420

bmw(new model) 2.0 se.....................£25,590

bmw is 2 months order with absolutely NO discount

merc can be had fo £22,000 (and dealer will do number transfer)

anybody with ideas of discounts on other models?

also as you can see merc is looking favourite but is there a reason? dealer says replacement at least 2 years away is he right?

cheers

i might have missed it already but are you part xing or just a cash buy.

coz you can save thousands using internet car sites.

like drivethedeal and newcar suppliers,

i bought a golf last year and saved £2700

im sure you couldsave on these prices youve got from the stealers

for instance ive just checkeddrive thedeal and the jag2.0 sport met paint park sensors 17" wheels £ 20770 otr. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links