Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Celica Vs Is200

Dunkie

Considering trading the IS in for a new Celica (190bhp one) but still trying to talk myself out of it :crybaby:

What are the good / bad points?

I know I will loose the toys of the IS but I dont really need a proper 4 door saloon now the nipper is growing up.

What you think guys?

i dont know how tall you are but when i tried to test drive one i couldnt even fit in the drivers seat. :angry:

im 6 foot 3 for your information

:offtopic:

i had the same problem with the new toyota mr2, in my old one i had loads of room and it was comfortable but i couldnt fit in the new one at all.

Considering trading the IS in for a new Celica (190bhp one) but still trying to talk myself out of it  :crybaby:

I know I will loose the toys of the IS but I dont really need a proper 4 door saloon now the nipper is growing up.

What you think guys?

Thats really strange, I was just pondering exactly the same thing this weekend...

Considering trading the IS in for a new Celica (190bhp one) but still trying to talk myself out of it  :crybaby:

What you think guys?

Thats really strange, I was just pondering exactly the same thing this weekend...

lol maybe its the impending summer or something I dunno!

Height isnt a problem for me

The interior doesnt bother me too much but I think I may miss the toys of the IS...

do they do a Celica with a sunroof or is that asking too much?

Going to go down to Toyota at lunch and book a test drive I think though.

I (briefly) looked at one a while back, here are my thoughts...

Cabin dark and plasticy - after the IS felt very cheap..

Quick, but not as much as you expect, Traction control very intrusive

Handling okay, but lacked the 'balance' of the IS..

In all honesty, i'd say go try one (but go for the T-Sport), thats the only way you will know..

In my opinion you will have more drive-fun with the Celica.

It's lighter and quicker.  B)

but isn't it front-wheel drive......... :yawn:

Yes FWD.... :ph34r:

[WHISPERMODE ON] But there is a great turbokit available for it.... :winky: [/WHISPERMODE OFF]

:D

Height isn't a problem for me either, I'm a right short :tsktsk:! I might try and get a test drive at Toyota this weekend, but am looking to buy second-hand and get some money back from IS before the bottom drops out of the market when November comes round. :crybaby:

Wasnt there someone here who wanted to swap their TRD celica for the IS??

It was a very tasty celica as well...trd suede seats and trd special headlamps!!

but I would still stick with my altezza :P

Yeah, but he's been trying to flog that Celica on TOC, E-bay, UJCC, Fensport etc for over 6 months now....

personally, if it hasnt gone theres either something wrong with it, or its too highly priced...

Wasnt there someone here who wanted to swap their TRD celica for the IS??

It was a very tasty celica as well...trd suede seats and trd special headlamps!!

but I would still stick with my altezza :P

Yeah, but he's been trying to flog that Celica on TOC, E-bay, UJCC, Fensport etc for over 6 months now....

personally, if it hasnt gone theres either something wrong with it, or its too highly priced...

Just noticed you're in wilts

Where abouts (or have I asked that before?) You going to be going to japfest this year?

oh yeah sorry for being :offtopic:

Im in Chippenham mate ;) and if we have stand this year, ill be at Japfest..

Sweet......will look out for you while in the area (dont forget to flash if you see a de-spoilered black tezza with private plate!!)

back on topic:

I can think of many other coupes before the celica if practicality isn't an issue:

s15 silvia

r32 skyline

r34 skyline

soarer's are nice

dc5 integra (new integra)

rx8 is niiiice car especially with your nipper not needing car seats!?

As you are into the rwd I think (no matter how good a fwd car is) having dedicated wheels for the power delivery and the other set for direction will give the most true driving experience.

I think a good progression would be the RX8 or the integra (fwd i know!!).......

Edited by OLI_EP3

So they gonna replace the celica then Mat?

If so any idea what with and a sort of timescale?

Am I best just holding off another year and then getting a new IS?

indeed you will be better to hold of for another 12 months.....

I was going to go for a T-Sport before I found the IS, and if the interior does not bother you then give it a test drive, the dash and the plastics was the No.1 thing that put me off as I was at the time driving a BMW.

And I agree about the Hyundai coupe, I was at my local Toyota/Hyundai dealer having them look at a scratch on the IS a week are so ago and was amazed at the quality of the coupe, the leather is proper German feel leather as appose to the usual black bin liner stuff from the far east and all in all is ouzzzzed quality - but they say the 2.0 is the best bet for resale ect.. Oh and they also say that the T-Sport is sluggish and not what you might expect :) Have a read of the Parkers reviews on there site from people who have them.

I did look at the hyundai coupe but cant justify going from lexus to hyundai lol :crybaby: (I am such a snob now!!)

I think I may hold off another year and see where the IS is at. Unless I get a great offer for the IS :(

thanks for the advice guys

Dunk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links