Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Most Outrageous Insurance Quote

Claire G

Following on from Lexus Boy's revelation that he pays £4k a year to insure his IS200, what's your most outrageous insurance quote been? Regardless of whether or not you took it up...

On my IS200 it was £2200. At the same time I test drove a Seat Leon Cupra Sport and was quoted £4000 to insure it. EEK.

I was once filling in an online quote from Tesco (I think) and went to check my Premium and it came out at £1600 which I thought was pretty good (considering I'm 22). It was much cheaper then all the other quotes I had had.

So I was about to buy when I spotted a mistake in the form. In gender I'd accidently put in F instead of M. So I changed it and the premium ROCKETED to £2487!!!!! :sick: :sick:

My mate put in his details into Confused.com - 27, 1 yr no claims, Golf 4motion worth approx 9K - and the highest quote he got given was 13000K!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

My mate put in his details into Confused.com - 27, 1 yr no claims, Golf 4motion worth approx 9K - and the highest quote he got given was 13000K!!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

13000K? 13 Million Pounds?? :crying: Thats got to be a world record! :lol:

Worst one i ever got was on an internet site (can't remember which one)!!

Before i got the lex i was looking at the lupo gti, i was only 18 at the time but thought i should be able to pay for the insurance......boy was i wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highest quote i got was just over £20,000!!!!!!!!!!! :sick::sick::sick::sick: Thats like paying more than the cars worth each year!!!! needless to say i didn't get the car

Im paying around £2,500 at the moment. Im nearly up for renewal, Lexus GB quoted me £1,800, Budget quoted me £2,700 and my best quote is £935 from Direct Line.

elephant.co.uk are good ............ i'm paying £915 for an IS300 !! ........ and I have got no NCB !!

I gonna go the other way :

Just entered my details on the DL website..............

Fully comp with legal protection on my 2004 (53 plate) IS200 SE Auto

Live in Greater London

Opt for £200 excess

£325.50 :)

LLoyds tsb insurance quoted me £11375 for a new IS wen i was 19 but found a qoute from direct line for 2300, now got nearly 3yrs no claims and paying £1000

but its about to go up next couple months wen i get the 350z (£1815 insurance on 6month old car)

Wanted to teach a friend to drive in my car. OK so she's 17 and on a provisional licence but she's going to be closely supervised and only in the car for an hour a week. To add her to the insurance was an extra £2000.

Following on from Lexus Boy's revelation that he pays £4k a year to insure his IS200, what's your most outrageous insurance quote been? Regardless of whether or not you took it up...

On my IS200 it was £2200. At the same time I test drove a Seat Leon Cupra Sport and was quoted £4000 to insure it. EEK.

best quote i had was £5600.00 on my old subaru impreza wrx!!

I can give you a insurance quote if you want!

should be alot better then £2200.00

well prior to buying my lex i looked at gettign a skyline GTR and before i went and bought it igot a quote of £6700 for fully comp :o at which point i asked the insurance agent if he was wearing a mask. My first car when i was 18 (10 years ago) was a RS500 though which i paid £2000 insurance for and had to install a £1000 tracker which even if you look at inflation is considerably cheaper then the skyline quote

I was once filling in an online quote from Tesco (I think) and went to check my Premium and it came out at £1600 which I thought was pretty good (considering I'm 22). It was much cheaper then all the other quotes I had had.

So I was about to buy when I spotted a mistake in the form. In gender I'd accidently put in F instead of M. So I changed it and the premium ROCKETED to £2487!!!!! :sick: :sick:

try renault insurance ....im 22 and live 5 mile from liverpool centre and they insured me for £900 fully comp on my is200 se

elephant.co.uk are good ............ i'm paying £915 for an IS300 !! ........ and I have got no NCB !!

How did you managed that? I've just tried elephant.co.uk with my IS200, no NCB and DOB 13/06/82 and got £2200??? :tomato:

Whats your secret ScarFace? Did you threaten them with a Horses Head? :lol::whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links