Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Anti-hijack Kit

eXOBeX

These are the prices (inc. fitting) I've found so far. I'll edit this top post as I find more, feel free to have a hunt round yourselves and reply, though.

AUTOWATCH 68Hi

Abacus Car Alarms, London: £65 (supply only), from £175 (fitted)

Alan Smith, Bucks: £217.38 (fitted)

Sam Goodwin, Nuneaton: £186.83 (fitted)

CLIFFORD BLACKJAX 4

Official web page here

User's Guide here (PDF format)

CarAlarmUK.com: £225 (fitted?)

Cartronics, Bucks: £175 (fitted)

PDAL Security, Watford: £150 (fitted)

SecureYourSaxo (Car-Stuff.net), Cheshire: £210 (fitted)

SJF Vehicle Security, Northants: £89.99 (supply only)

YourCarParts.co.uk, Staffs: £257.99 (fitted)

Thanks, good info. Ive been thinking of getting a tracker but this seems just as good if not better + cheaper. Anyone know how long it takes for the Clifford to kick in? The Autowatch takes 60 seconds.. you would barely get out of a large car park in that time.

Thanks, good info. Ive been thinking of getting a tracker but this seems just as good if not better + cheaper. Anyone know how long it takes for the Clifford to kick in? The Autowatch takes 60 seconds.. you would barely get out of a large car park in that time.

Cheaper and better ?

£312 for a RAC Trackstar Plus ..... fitted.

That's going to be the best £300 quid you spend on your car mate, takes 2 - 3 hours !

Cheaper and better ?

£312 for a RAC Trackstar Plus ..... fitted.

That's going to be the best £300 quid you spend on your car mate, takes 2 - 3 hours !

As long as it works, that is.

I think the only issue is the hassle of using it.

yeah - I know mate :( Though I'm sure within a week it would become second nature.

but, the alarm and immobilsers on cars nowadays mean that the best way to steal them is to get the keys - and this is a increasing crime, from "letterbox fishing" to outright hijacking.

I have an alarm and immobiliser.

The car is fitted with a tracker.

This seems to be the only thing missing.

very seriously considering it.

Do you get insurance price breaks with it, like when you fit a tracker?

i am definately going for a Blackjax thing on my next car. Some of the websites i have been on says it is a Thatcham 1 category, so it should bring the insurance down a bit.

I think the only issue is the hassle of using it.

yeah - I know mate :( Though I'm sure within a week it would become second nature.

but, the alarm and immobilsers on cars nowadays mean that the best way to steal them is to get the keys - and this is a increasing crime, from "letterbox fishing" to outright hijacking.

I have an alarm and immobiliser.

The car is fitted with a tracker.

This seems to be the only thing missing.

very seriously considering it.

Do you get insurance price breaks with it, like when you fit a tracker?

you get no discounts with the black jacks system

2 days it feel like turning your key that is how simple it is

has for length roughly 30 secs down the road they can have your keys alarm fob what ever the break lights flash car shuts down totally they need the code to stop this happening

top system clifford are charging me £195 fitted peace of mind

I have gap insurance at present, so not much of an incentive for me at the moment.

I have GAP too.

but still thinking of this.

its not that its "my baby" - or replacing it would be so difficult.

I just don't want some little ******* profiting from getting my car.

don't care if they get 30 seconds down the road, and then set fire to it out of spite, as long as they don't get to keep it / sell it.

has for length roughly 30 secs down the road they can have your keys alarm fob what ever the break lights flash car shuts down totally they need the code to stop this happening

Depending on the car and the way the BlackJax is installed, they may not have the keys for long! Put one of the immobiliser circuits across the neutral/park sensing switch of a Mk 2 GS and it won't give the keys back until you've deactivated the immobiliser!

Depending on the car and the way the BlackJax is installed, they may not have the keys for long!  Put one of the immobiliser circuits across the neutral/park sensing switch of a Mk 2 GS and it won't give the keys back until you've deactivated the immobiliser!

hmmmmmm.

/strokes chin.

thats a nice idea - how easy for the installer to do?

Shouldn't be too difficult if he's got the wiring diagrams (an AutoData book should do the trick). Depending on the way the switch works the immobiliser either needs to go inline, breaking the circuit, or in parallel, shorting the circuit. No different to any other immobilisation circuit, really, just different wires.

tony@sellick.co.uk

Not sure if I am in the correct post as I have only joined today but I know a friend of mine has been reporting my Lexus theft on this forum so I thought you might like an update.

Here in South West France crime is very low - people leave their cars and houses open!! On 22nd Feb 2 blokes came to the door - well one of them did. He distracted me in the garden whilst the other stole my IS200 key. It was NOT in an obvious place - it was by my computer in the study. They came back within one hour and nicked the car whilst I was upstairs!! Now we know that having a *very* quiet car may not be such a good thing!

I assumed it had gone forever. An on line insurance company called Direct Assurance refused to pay me as the thieves didn't physicaly break in to the house. The Gendarmes told me I should have broken a window!! We are now about to take the insurance company to court if they don't pay.

Big surprise after 27 days they found my car in a town about 25 Km away, unlocked and with the key in!! They have smashed the sat nav but otherwise I think its ok. The insurance wont even pay for that because of the way it was stolen.

It's now at a Toyota dealer being fixed. I'll keep you posted. Can someone please let me know if I've posted in the wrong place.

getting blackjax fitted next Wednesday.

spoke on the phone, and by email to a guy in Cheshire.

He spent ten years working for Scorpian, and fitted lots of alarms etc for them, to all sorts of cars.

He knows the GS, and is very confident he can give me a high quality install (I want this to be as invisble as possible).

Cost will be £225.

Will post pics etc when done (in gold)

Can anyone give a recommendation for a BlackJax installer in the Notts/Derby/Leics area?

Same as my tracker installer .......... £150.

That's in Newbury Park, Ilford though .........

Can anyone give a recommendation for a BlackJax installer in the Notts/Derby/Leics area?

Same as my tracker installer .......... £150.

That's in Newbury Park, Ilford though .........

Was looking for someone a bit closer to home Scarface, I tend to get a nosebleed if I go too far South....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links