Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer Cleaning You Car

jasons

My car was in for wheel warranty work this week at Croydon- does anyone know offhand what/ how they clean the cars?

I've never used anything other than a soft sponge to clean it so was dissapointed to find swirl marks across all the panels.

I should have though more of it as they has a blue IS in in the dealers that was absolutey scuffed to bits(brand new, unregistered).

I was going to give them a call tomorrow about it, but was just wondering.....

I washed mine yesterday after it was in on Friday with them for a service and the side looked like it had been through a car wash... they may as well not have washed my car as it was still dirty... I think I am going to instruct them not to wash it in future as I now have at least 4 - 5 more scratches to the paint work... because it was so dirty when I picked it up, i didnt notice them! :(

Changed from Croydon to Tunbridge Wells for last service & had the same problem. :angry:

thats because they use dirty rain water and a sponge dipped in gravel to clean them,they have cleaned mine four times and each time it has got worse ,gonna take mine to bromley for its next service

Changed from Croydon to Tunbridge Wells for last service & had the same problem. :angry:

thats because they use dirty rain water and a sponge dipped in gravel to clean them,they have cleaned mine four times and each time it has got worse ,gonna take mine to bromley for its next service

you can always put a note in the car

Please DO NOT CLEAN,Mud holding body together :hehe::hehe:

you can always put a note in the car

Please DO NOT CLEAN,Mud holding body together :hehe::hehe:

Whilst I struggle to laugh at the number of scratches my 6 month old 22.5K car is picking up...

that did bring a smile :)

I did a student vacation job one year for one of the contract valeting services associated with a Nissan dealer.

The contact jobs are their bread and butter; they are paid a fixed amount for each car that they do on contract. We were always told to be as quick as possible and not to bother with anything more than a basic wash and wipe down.

I believe the market for contract valeting has become much ore competitive and as a result the quality of service has become worse.

I took my gleaming Black Betty into the dealer last week and she came out looking worse than before. No more dealer valets for me either. :angry:

i worked for nissan in penge for a couple of months cleaning cars ,never forget how hard it was to get that waxy stuff of the new cars ,dint think they use it anymore but it was a real pain to shift

i worked for nissan in penge for a couple of months cleaning cars ,never forget how hard it was to get that waxy stuff of the new cars ,dint think they use it anymore but it was a real pain to shift

Yeah, that waxy stuff was always the worst - get most of it off with the steam cleaner then spend hours with a piece of plastic scraping it. Urghhhh

My car was in for wheel warranty work this week at Croydon- does anyone know offhand what/ how they clean the cars?

I've never used anything other than a soft sponge to clean it so was dissapointed to find swirl marks across all the panels.

I should have though more of it as they has a blue IS in in the dealers that was absolutey scuffed to bits(brand new, unregistered).

I was going to give them a call tomorrow about it, but was just wondering.....

1: Immigrants

2: spongebob squarepants

1: Immigrants

2: spongebob squarepants

Not related to dealer valets but....

I usually get my car cleaned once a week from my local garage (hand wash) and its amazing the different people I meet every week.

The car cleaners are all usually asaylum seekers!

I usually chat with them and hear very interesting life stores! :lol:

The most interesting I have had:

1. Surgeon from Cambodia - here to get a job with the NHS but cleaning cars for now! :question::question:

2. Traveller from Afghanistan - funny guy. Apparently he has travelled half the world, got some German woman pregnant, had some kids he didn't know, was thrown in jail and then fled to the UK! Going back in 1 years time. BTW He was the best car washer when he worked in Norway! :lol::lol:

3. Big Garage Owner from Africa - apparently he is waiting for the money from the sale of his garage empire in Africa to be transfered over to him so he can start operations in the UK (said he would need computers/IT in his new office so took my number! :hehe::lol: ) (No Call Yet!)

The great thing is that they have all done a fantastic job of actually cleaning the car!!

Oh yes......some italian guy also offered me loads of leather jackets. Said he would show me a sample once my car was clean - I politly said NO!!

Unfortunetly the garage now employs students who don't care about getting the car clean and even wiping it with a sponge seems too much effort!! :whistling:

At least before I got entertained and a clean car! :driving:

I got a follow up call today from Lexus regarding the service on the car last Friday, I asked them how they cleaned the car and he said with a jet wash, sponge and leather.... I said well they missed the leather off when they did mine, and he had to agree they had as he was with me when I commented about the state of the car on collection!. Adding to that the new scratches 'they' have added I informed him that I will not be allowing them to wash the car again in future.

Still depressed about it all now and it's gone a few days since they had it! With the paint problems I am experiancing at the moment, I am wondering if I should have bought a Lexus!

/whine mode off ;)

Don't you think it's about time the dealers should give us the choice to have the car cleaned. I know it's nice to have it cleaned but it's not rocket science is it!!!

Surely if they were to say a £10 reduction or get the car cleaned - it's your choice - I know which option I'd choose!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links