Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement Front Discs

Pejay

Hi there,

Can anyone help me, I need to replace the front discs on my is200 but dont know where to get them from and which ones i sould go for.

I also need a set of spark plug, front pads and a timing belt.

Is it time to get ripped off at the dealer??????

Please help guys.

Thanx.

Hi there,

Can anyone help me, I need to replace the front discs on my is200 but dont know where to get them from and which ones i sould go for.

I also need a set of spark plug, front pads and a timing belt.

Is it time to get ripped off at the dealer??????

Please help guys.

Thanx.

Contact Scott over at Altezza Sportsand Prestige. He sorted me out with new Brembos all round and I am sure he can get you the other bits and bobbs you need.

www.altezzasportsandprestige.com

the standard discs are more than capable to handle any driving situations u will be in and are not expensive.

spark plugs standard ones get changed at 60,000M quite a few people have gone for the ND IK 20 / 22 but they have a life of 30,000M as for the timing belt that gets changed at 100,000 M.

I bought mine from Prolex and fitted them myself. :)

Thanx for all the advice guys, can anyone tell me how much front discs would be at the dealers?

Are prolex cheaper?

I can't remember the dealer price. Prolex were cheaper than the dealer. Also the prolex ones I've bought are Mintex pads and discs and not OEM Lexus ones.

Thanx for all the advice guys, can anyone tell me how much front discs would be at the dealers?

Are prolex cheaper?

I can't remember the dealer price. Prolex were cheaper than the dealer. Also the prolex ones I've bought are Mintex pads and discs and not OEM Lexus ones.

Got the mintex discs and pads from Mr Prolex and the timing belt from the dealer AND the caliper stickers from scottaltezza.

Guess whoes gonna have a busy Saturday, hope its nice and sunny and not ****** it down.

Thanx for everything guys. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Are prolex cheaper?

Just been quoted £330!

hope that is including fitting! even fitting takes far less than an hour

Yes that includes fitting, thank ***.

I'm just staggered that it needs new discs after only 32,000 miles (51,000 K's)

What has everyone else got out of theirs?

I'm paying the crooks to do this, even though I think they are ripping me off, brakes are something I think you shouldn't take a chance with.

:angry:

hi all... for my front disc i dont get alot ive have two news sets in the last six months... lol :whistling: when i asked the garge why they said because of the speed down the autobarn ( by the way im in germany ) and when i brake the just over heat and warp.. good news is that i paid for the first set and now the garge have to keep payin for the new ones.... :P

but can some one tell me which are the best vented dics that i can get for my is 200 sport..

cheers all

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links