Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Introducing The Lexus Car Care Centre

We have been in discussions with our detailing partners (Autopia) for a while about replacing the now extinct lexuscarcare store.

The result is our new Lexus Car Care Centre.

The Car Care Centre is a complete car care portal.

It contains

All the articles contain links to recommended products in the autopiaAutopia store where they can be easily purchased.

Purchasing products from these articles also generates commission for LOC, so not only do you get great products at great prices, you are also helping support the running of the club.

To introduce the Car Care Centre, we have some special offers, which are

Sonus Leather Care Kit

This kit is available with a 20% discount.

Simply enter the code LEXUSLEATHERKIT to the store on checkout

Sonus Das Polisher Kit

This porter cable polisher kit is available with a 10% discount, due to the small markup on this unit.

Simply enter the code LEXUSPOLISHERKIT on checkout

Sonus SFX Foam Pad Kit

This kit is offered at a 15% discount.

Enter the code LEXUSPADKIT at checkout

Sonüs Dual-Action System Foam Pads

So - have a look at the car care centre, and read the articles.

If you have any feedback, please feel free to post it here :D

We have been in discussions with our detailing partners (Autopia) for a while about replacing the now extinct lexuscarcare store.

The result is our new Lexus Car Care Centre.

The Car Care Centre is a complete car care portal.

It contains

All the articles contain links to recommended products in the autopiaAutopia store where they can be easily purchased.

Purchasing products from these articles also generates commission for LOC, so not only do you get great products at great prices, you are also helping support the running of the club.

To introduce the Car Care Centre, we have some special offers, which are

Sonus Leather Care Kit

This kit is available with a 20% discount.

Simply enter the code LEXUSLEATHERKIT to the store on checkout

Sonus Das Polisher Kit

This porter cable polisher kit is available with a 10% discount, due to the small markup on this unit.

Simply enter the code LEXUSPOLISHERKIT on checkout

Sonus SFX  Foam Pad Kit

Sonüs Dual-Action System Foam Pads

So - have a look at the car care centre, and read the articles.

If you have any feedback, please feel free to post it here :D

piccy's please :winky:

piccy's please :winky:

ok then :rolleyes:

these pictures are from using the Porter Cable Polisher on my fathers LS400.

The car is in excellent condition, although we suspect that it has only ever been ran through a car wash. The bonnet and boot especially were very swirled.

I did take photos of the swirling before and after, but I am a crap photographer, and they did not come out :blush:

As this was the first time I has used the polisher, I was reticent to use to products that were harsh or abrasive.

So - I used the products I got in my Sonus Perfect Shine Base Kit, which are nice and gentle.

I washed, clayed and washed again.

This really cleaned up the car. I removed probably over fifty minor paint blemishes, little bits of $whatever that had attached themselves to the car over the years.

I then polished it, using Sonus Paintwork Cleanser on a blue pad.

Working it in well with the PC, and then buffing it off with a buffing bonnet yielded results that were simply awesome.

The paint was not only so much cleaner, but so shiny. I literally buffed until my shadow on the paintwork became a reflection.

The paint surface its self was so smooth, it was almost silky.

I then waxed the car with P21S Carnuba Wax

Buffing this off with the PC took quite a while, and I do not plan on doing that again. In future, I shall apply and polish off by hand, and use the PC for the final buff.

Pics B)

They didn't come out great :( (see the bit above about how I am a crap photographer). These were the best I could salvage :blush:

43600010_G.sized.jpg

43600005_G.sized.jpg

43600007_G.sized.jpg

43600008_G.sized.jpg

Wish i could have convinced my old man to get a Lexus. Instead he went for the 730d B*W, despite my objections, and my offers of taking him to the dealer and getting him a test drive or two!!!!

Some folk are just beyond help!!!!

Paintwork looks real nice on the LS, think i may well have to invest in some of this gear myself!!

Stu

Paintwork looks real nice on the LS, think i may well have to invest in some of this gear myself!!

the paint work is nice mate - its a lovely color, different colors in different light, sometimes silver, sometimes "tradtional gold", other times more pinky "champagne gold".

what the pics cant convey though is how smooth the paintwork is - its unreal.

Bazza got one not long go either, and he was equally impressed

the paint work is nice mate - its a lovely color, different colors in different light, sometimes silver, sometimes "tradtional gold", other times more pinky "champagne gold".

what the pics cant convey though is how smooth the paintwork is - its unreal.

you'r'e car next please :winky:

it dont take much to please our Barrie :D

pah!

youre only jealous

you should see my car, shiny as a pair of army boots :P

might even post a piccy up later, darent use a flash though, would give me a sun tan

:D

thats handy ordered the 3 stage meguairs (speeling) stuff yesterday so will be polishing like a good un within the next few days may have to invest in a random orbit polisher though to take the backache out of it

OK :D

I have been using products from autopia for over a year, and using their car care articles (which we are syndicating here) as a guide to applying them.

These pics are the results of polishing with Klasse All In One, topped with Pinnacle Souveran Wax. These products were applied by hand.

I am confident that with the use of the clay bar, and my porter cable polisher I can improve on both the clarity and depth of the shine B)

pic43600001_G_001_sized.jpg

pic43600010_G_001_sized.jpg

And of course, the traditional "My car is so shiny, you can use it like a mirror" pics B)

43600002_G_002.sized.jpg

43600006_G.sized.jpg

:D

just to let you know that on matts recommendation i ordered the Perfect shine Base Kit and P21s wax.

The lovely packaged box contains foam 'S's for snapping :blush: , and all the products listed in the kit are all shrinwrapped, fresh off the line!!

Must say however that I was slightly disappointed with the size of the Klasse AIO, but that`ll teach me not to look at the sizes i`m ordering..... :crybaby:

You also get some destructions and a thankyou note.

Ordered 14/04/2005, arrived 19/04/2005, Total cost inc disc= $128.06.

And no unneccessary and unwarranted payment to HM government!!!!!! :lol:

EXcellent Customer Fulfillment from Autopia, well done.

Now how the hell do i afford the superduperpolishy thang??????????? :angry:

i`m now planning my schedule!

Must say however that I was slightly disappointed with the size of the Klasse AIO, but that`ll teach me not to look at the sizes i`m ordering..... :crybaby:

Dan - I've done three cars with that bottle - and I have enough left for one more (maybe one and a bit :D )

its not the size mate - its how you use it :winky:

OK :D

I have been using products from autopia for over a year, and using their car care articles (which we are syndicating here) as a guide to applying them.

These pics are the results of polishing with Klasse All In One, topped with Pinnacle Souveran Wax. These products were applied by hand.

I am confident that with the use of the clay bar, and my porter cable polisher I can improve on both the clarity and depth of the shine B)

pic43600001_G_001_sized.jpg

pic43600010_G_001_sized.jpg

And of course, the traditional "My car is so shiny, you can use it like a mirror" pics B)

43600002_G_002.sized.jpg

43600006_G.sized.jpg

What's that bloke doing :winky: I thought these where pics of your car Matt,not some bloke in a mirror :winky: :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links