Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Thought I'd Say Hi (newbie)

Newbie to the site, recommended by someone off another forum (not Lexus)

Just bought an IS200 SE, really liking the car, I've put off buying one too many times in the past, now I have weakened, lol

Heres a pic of the new purchase :)

DSCF0253.jpg

First car with Sat Nav as well

Welcome to the Club Martin :)

one word of warning, Dont look at any of the threads that mention modding or superchargers, else you'll be saying bye bye to all extra cash in no time, its more addictive than crack. :lol::lol::lol:

but if you cant resist the urge, Join up with the Goldmembers and save yourself a ton.

P.S. Great car you got there :)

welcome, and don`t listen to any of this lot----i only came on to save money off servicing and now i`m modding my car and steaming around in LOC members supercharged versions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :duh: :D :winky:

im still smiling though and this lot are very helpful, but have zero self control :D

Lol, I'll try and stay away from the modding posts, need to pay for the car first, mind you that is one of the reasons I came on here, to see what people are up to mod wise.

Been down the modding route with just about every previous car, its difficult to get out of, but thats one of the reasons why I got one with the kit and the wheels. Mind you I have seen some nice Volk rims on eBay..........

Uh oh here we go :lol:

Welcome Martin :D

Thing about the modding, it's like an addiction, each time you gotta have a bigger and better hit :blink:

Until I joined LOC I drove a bog standard IS300 :D

Now look at me....the race is on for the first blown or S/C IS300 in the UK :lol:

Enjoy the Lex mate, modded or not!

Cheers for all the welcomes guys :) loving the car so far, its slower than the Astra turbo I had previously, but a different world in every other aspect

Didn't realise I'd see so many nicely modded IS's in this country, Moorse and Daza, your cars look tastefully modded, had a snoop round galleries and stuff tonight ;)

Like to see what figures an IS300 will produce with a supercharger

really wasn't my intention to get a new '05 :blink: couldn't really find the right spec on a used one tho, and this was sitting there ready to go.

Knocked the dealer down to a reasonable price and went for it.

Does anyone do a panel filter?? infact are there a few key tuners you chaps could recommend for parts

*Edit* just noticed the 700bhp :o on Morse's post, respect to those figures

welcome :D

slower than an astra diesel :crying:

i presume you have a fairly low mileage , if its under 8000 then the engine hasnt worn in yet, starts to free up a lot more as you get around the 10000 miles mark

Cheers for all the comments people

slower than an astra diesel  :crying:

i presume you have a fairly low mileage , if its under 8000 then the engine hasnt worn in yet, starts to free up a lot more as you get around the 10000 miles mark

Astra wasn't a Diesel mate, it was an '04 GSi turbo, can post a pic if anyones interested :)

Looks like I've got a few thousand miles to go before its run in then, only done 380 so far, lol

This Gold member thing sounds tempting, have to ask my local dealer if they support that, especially as I was thinking of buying the 3 year service plan

Newbie to the site, recommended by someone off another forum (not Lexus)

Just bought an IS200 SE, really liking the car, I've put off buying one too many times in the past, now I have weakened, lol

Heres a pic of the new purchase  :)

DSCF0253.jpg

First car with Sat Nav as well

Welcome to the club mate!

:D :D :D

Cheers for all the comments people
slower than an astra diesel  :crying:

Astra wasn't a Diesel mate, it was an '04 GSi turbo, can post a pic if anyones interested :)

Looks like I've got a few thousand miles to go before its run in then, only done 380 so far, lol

This Gold member thing sounds tempting, have to ask my local dealer if they support that, especially as I was thinking of buying the 3 year service plan

oops :lol:

no wonder it is slower !!

go put some miles on it :D

Welcome!!!

Very sweet ride!

If you're after performance parts, or you just wanna mod it a bit, have a word with Prolex-UK (aka DaveEllen) or AltezzaScott (Altezza Sports And Prestige - Scott Bolton) and they'll sort you out :winky:

And seriously, go gold mate, you won't regret it!

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links