Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Policeman Clocked At 157mph

How s**t is that? Recorded at 157mph and was found not guilty of speeding. :blink:

Just because they are the police, doesn't mean they don't have to abide by the law like everyone else (without good reason of course). It makes me very annoyed when they can get away with things like this. :angry:

im a cop and i find that judgement CORRUPT to put it mildly. he should have been sacked for that no excuse. :angry:

there is no reason why anyone needs to drive at that speed, ive been in many high speed chases and never got anywhere near that speed.

another unbelievable decision by our out of touch judges.

i bet internal complaints are not so lenient :winky:

I got pulled for having a brake light out yet the police cars indicator lamp was hangining by its wire and opposite headlight was out itself.

I have been raised to respect people and speak as I find on an individual basis and I live to that rule, but I find it increasingly more hard to do with traffic cops. The minute I am approached by one I am on the deffensive.

total crap and typical of the way this country is going .meanwhile i am threatend with a ticket for parking two foot onto a kerb whilst delivering to a shop at 8 in the evening(not paid) because if i go there in the daytime i block the road which is narrow .you know what time i will be going to that shop next week ,just hope the same copper pulls up so i can wipe the smug look of his face whilst i spend half an hour unloading and causing caos down whistable high st .

MAD decision, just testing the car was his defence IIRC. Should have been banged up for that speed, you or I would be that's for sure. How can the Police and the Courts ask for respect when s**t like this goes on. No one is above the law including the Police.

The descision doesn't make me dislike policemen (traffic cops).

I just find it hilarious that some magistrate thinks that is a good excuse.

The cop has put an excuse (defence) forward and got away with it.

Next time you get pulled just say I was doing what that officer was doing "Testing the car"

NOT that it will work for you but hey it's better than his excuse he has set a precedent.

Or is it "Do as I say, not as I do"

i got pulled over the other day becasue a cop standing by the side of the road 'THOUGHT' i was speeding :crying::huh: , didn't have a gun or anything. And i know i was doing the limit, must have been the noise from the Hiper making him think i was raging it.

he then told me he had pulled me over because he thought i was speeding so i said that im 100% sure i wasn't.......this made him flip so he got me to get out of the car. and checked the car, breathalised me, checked insurance, tax, mot...................obviosly it all checked out :yawn:

i would think the same one he used in the paper ,that he was testing it to see what its full potential was

You are joking right?

Most of you know that I’m a policeman and there's a few of us who regularly contribute on the site. At times some not all have a go at the police for one thing or another, and yes sometimes it :tsktsk: me off a little. That’s because I think, I don't act like that or do what others do but i'm being tarred with the same brush. But most of the time it’s just sounding off.

I’ve always prided myself on finding out the facts before I make comments or pass judgment. So, before I go completely off the wall. I’m off to find out how on earth this policeman managed to get off with this. I’m sure that my other colleagues are well aware that he is guilty of this offence and the excuse he has put forward it’s in no way a defence in law.

If testing out a cars’ maximum speed is. Then *** help us. As this means we can all go out and drive our car to the max. And when stopped by the police just say, “Whats wrong officer, I was just testing out my motor”

:angry::angry::angry:

Interesting topic as West Mercia traffic had me prosecuted for 92 mph on the M5. I will add it was over 6 years ago, but their advice (whilst sat in the back of their Volvo getting the lowdown on the equipment that caught me) was to in future stick to 80-85 mph and they wouldn't bother me...... :unsure:

I'm not one to generalise, but I think that this is outrageous-

Sorry Dodgy, but all the public will see it as the Police looking after one of their own.

I've been caught speeding twice- once on the M4 where I was caught doing 99mph- that earnt me a court appearance , a £450 fine and 5 points. I then got clocked on the M40 doing 94mph, another court appearance £500 and 4 points.

Looked like I was going to loose my licence the first time as my solicitor said they were going to ban me.

I dont condone speeding at all, but the road was clear and that was the general speed of the traffic- middle lane driving, not canning it down the outside.

Oh well thats my rant over, but it makes me see red!!!!

J

The dangerous driving - well that's kind of subjective and depends on the road conditions.

But I really can't understand how he escaped the speeding offence, either he "was" doing 159 or he "wasn't" - was the police evidence poor or something?

from what i understand it was all recorded on the cars onboard computer ,so caught bang to rights as they say.what amazes me is it must of been one of his own that shopped him so feelings will be running high at that nick for a while .

does seem an excessive speed to travel at, but putting it into perspective, the road was deserted and conditions were good, the driver is obviously highly skilled in driving at high speed, and such police drivers are needed in some circumstances, however i doubt if any emergency or pursuit will ever call for the need to drive this fast. but on the other hand how is the police driver supposed to familiarise himself with the vehicle at high speed on the road, sure it is a crazy speed to travel at if there are other road users present, but so is 60 in a 30 zone, or 120 in a 60 zone, it's just good to know he got caught by his 'colleagues' the police are sometimes policing themselves too. The prat who pulled one member over for faulty brakelight whilst his patrolcar headlight and indicator were faulty is worse in my opinion. btw if he is the 'creme de la creme' does that mean racing drivers can also drive at three figure speeds without punishment?? :blink:

"I can't help but see the irony that those that brought this prosecution are those very people who have purchased cars that go at this speed..."

And there gentlemen is the real crux of the arguement.................if the authorities were REALLY serious about saving lives or stopping speeding, cars would have limited engines.

So its not a philanthropic law, just a revenue generator that is applied to the majority but not to the "special licence to drive really fast, flout the law and not be associated with the commoner" types that get away with it.

But its the same illogic applied everywhere---------smoking kills so many but is legal :blink: drinking kills so many but is legal :blink: the top speed limit in the uk is 70mph but non-supercars can go double that :blink:

So does it matter that he got away with, given the rampant stupidity everywhere else?

phew, rant over, viva la revolution :lol:

its a question i have thought about many a time ,why are cars made that can go well over 70mph when the speed limit is 70mph were ever you go in this country .seems ridiculous realy when you think about it .i know we need the power to overtake etc but why have cars never been ltd to say 80mph .its got to be the revenue from speeding tickits etc has it not ??

its a question i have thought about many a time ,why are cars made that can go well over 70mph when the speed limit is 70mph were ever you go in this country .seems ridiculous realy when you think about it .i know we need the power to overtake etc but why have cars never been ltd to say 80mph .its got to be the revenue from speeding tickits etc has it not ??

well the cameras etc are a "result" of the speeding, but instead of spending all that money installing kit, changing road designs, filling up courts, prisons, costs involved with investigating crashes, costs involved with life insurances/repairs/ambulances and so on ad infinitum, would it not be easier just to limit engines??????? :duh: :duh:

lets face it, there is no justifiable cause for going any speed anything over the limit, it may save a few seconds and feel cool but its not necessary---so where the F*** is the law banning these engines?????????????????????????????????????

Its just not logical or right, but thats the stupidity inherent in this whole crusade!!

And yes of course i speed, but appropriately :whistling: :winky:

Utter Utter madness.

can you imagine it though, everyone would be foot to the floor and using slip stream to pass each-other, it'd be like low speed BTCC :unsure: . but seriously, i am in favour of GPS controlled speed limiters in accident black-spot areas, or outside schools, oap buildings etc, but it has to implemented correctly, it would be a bit disconcerting if you pulled out to overtake a tractor or moped or something and was hit with a speed limiter whilst on the wrong side of the road.

does seem an excessive speed to travel at, but putting it into perspective, the road was deserted and conditions were good, the driver is obviously  highly skilled in driving at high speed, and such police drivers are needed in some circumstances, however i doubt if any emergency or pursuit will ever call for the need to drive this fast. but on the other hand how is the police driver supposed to familiarise himself with the vehicle at high speed on the road, sure it is a crazy speed to travel at if there are other road users present, but so is 60 in a 30 zone, or 120 in a 60 zone, it's just good to know he got caught by his 'colleagues' the police are sometimes policing themselves too.

if he is the 'creme de la creme' does that mean racing drivers can also drive at three figure speeds without punishment?? :blink:

Thats what i was thinking,didnt Mansell get stopped and Senna a few years back for speeding,Button also not so long ago...Now there what id call Highly skilled at driving at High Speed Driving.I also thought that they had the POLICE Helicopters for High speed pursuit,to make it safer so the Police in there cars didnt need to drive at such high speed.

Cheers chips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links