Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:) Hello. Collecting my LS400 on sunday! It is a 1994 M reg in black metallic (green accoding to lexus!) with a cream interior. Condition is immaculate , covered 106K and has a full lexus history and only 2 owners from new. Was £3700 about right??

I have 2 questions which I'm not able to find anwsers too-does anyone know-

1. What the differance is between MK1 and Mk2 LS400s?

2. realistically what mpg can i expect ?

Many thanks.

Hi mate, welcome to the club :D

Price sounds fine to me, but what do i know, i drive an IS :P .

A great car you've bought there mate, i'm sure a few of the LS guys will be here shortly to advise you how best to spend more money ;)

:D :driving:

adie

Are you sure its a Mk2

Thought an M reg was a MK3?

Been ages since i looked out for an LS.

Quite a few differences such as front end was restyled and interior changes

I've only got pictures of my new car as i don't collect it till sunday but its headlights look like the early model to me!

Thanks for taking the trouble with the pictures. Are these cars really as good as everyone seems to say?

Are these cars really as good as everyone seems to say?

I picked my MK1 LS400 up 2 weeks ago and have already driven 1300 miles. I spent way to much on a "C" service but wanted to get it checked out properly, and servicing is the thing that backs up the "engineered in" quality that these models posess. As with any machine look after it and it will more than likely return the favour.

There is a good thread on fuel consumption, please post your figures when you work them out, but I can get 32mpg driving at 60mph on a car thats done 146K miles, however use your right foot (as I am prone to do) and you will see the fuel gauge free fall. Luckily fuel comes out of my entertainment budget!

Keep us posted to your experiences, always keen to see someone else going through the same things and there is a lot of help available here.

Good luck.

I think a real easy way to tell 1st generation (-95) from 2nd generation (95 on) is the auto gear lever.

1st gereration (Mk 1 and Mk2) are straight line between gears,

2nd generation (mk3 at least) is stepped between R & N etc etc.

crippscars, did you by the motor from C&L cars as advertised in autotrader, tel 0116 ........, Leicester way? That was on my "to be viewed" list for next week, sounded a good one, well done.

The auto trader price was £4,195, I've only got a thumb nail picture and it's not there any more.

I missed it on eBay

I think you got a good bargain, WELL DONE, only reason I did not dash to see it is I'm after a black interior.

C&L cars, tel 0116 235 1099 or 07749 487 063, you'll know if it is the same one.

There always seems to be confusion about the different marks on the LS.

If you check on the Lexus site for the LS you will find this below.

MK 1 from june 1990

MK 2 from nov 1992

Mk 3 from jan 1995

Mk4 from jan 1998

Although people think the mk 1 and mk 2 are the same there were quite

a few changes made ie air bags,better brakes,suspension heated seats to

name a few.

There also seems to be confusion between "Generations" and "Marks".

Gen 1 = mk1 and mk2

Gen 2 = mk3 and mk4.

Gen 2 has redesigned shape, just look at previous post from steve, obvious difference is: headlights and bonnet line from rad straight back to screen or over to the mirror.

From PARKERS guide

LS400 saloon has rear-wheel drive, independent suspension, cruise control, 15" alloy wheels, leather upholstery, heated electric front seats, electrically adjustable steering column, CD player. Revisions in January 93 brought engine and suspension modifications, 16" alloy wheels, restyled grille. Revised substantially in January 95 with longer wheelbase, uprated engine, lighter and more aerodynamic body, improved interior space, upgraded equipment. Dynamic Handling Package with stiffened suspension optional from July 97. Revised again in January 98: uprated engine with VVTI variable-valve timing, restyled bonnet, bumper, front wings, revised suspension, traction control, VSC Vehicle Stability Control, satellite navigation system.

CarCheck

Body: No major faults reported.

Engine/Gearbox: No major faults.

Other:

Servicing Warranty

6,000 miles to '93; 9,000 miles from '93 Mechanical 3 years, bodywork 6 years

Read owner reviews

LS Saloon (1990 on)

Hi,

Good choice of motor with the LS :) :driving:

Loads of info here and a Great Friendly Forum.

As to mpg.My mk1 around does 18 mpg average,short trips where the engines got to keep warming up its more line 15mpg.Still not bad for a V8 4 litre.On a steady run around 30mpg.

Happy Motoring,keep us posted with your thoughts on your New Car.

Cheers chips.

Thanks for all your replys.

Picked the car up today no problems as you'd expect!

£3700 doesn't exactly buy an "immaculate" car it seems! I suppose

one mans immaculate is anothers good condition.

However bar the odd stonechip and bird lime marks she is superb and

drives like nothing I've driven before. How docile it all seems-rolls alot too but very comfortable and wow when you floor it!!! (you guys already know all this though!) Very quiet and super refined-seems very good quality too.

140 miles home (half motorway/half main A roads-aircon off)) at 26.7mpg so that doesn't seem too bad either!

think i'm gonna enjoy this car!!!

Welcome to the LOC and the LS400. Gorgeous car mate.

That sounds a good deal you got there. I've got a black jade one (or boston green) myself which might be the colour you have. It's black in appearance except for when the sunlight hits it when it's slightly green.

The MPG figures you got seem about right too. I can set cruise at 85 on the motorway and get about 25-28MPG on my 190 mile trip to work.

When I get out of the car after the journey I feel totally refreshed. Not many other cars do that.

Enjoy it ! :D

Welcome to fantasy land!.....my '94 LS gives better mpg than my old Merc 3ltr.

estate,but I've never checked the true figures, don't do that much mileage.

63k on my M reg late 94 reg.

Dark blue metallic over dark blue.....guess what colour inside.....

thats it....blue. :geek:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links