Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

S/c 200 V 05 Golf Gti Turbo On A Private Circuit

star a

hmmm only 0.3s in it though, will all be who gets the best start

heres the list again too

(is200 s/c) 2litre or less cars you should NOT race from lights (NOT TRAFFIC LIGHTS, BUT LIGHTS ON DRAG STRIP):- 2.0 turbo a3 dsg or sport(6.9s, 7.0s), any caterham(6.5s to 3.1s), civic type-r(6.6s), s2000 (6.2s), no lotus's (or is it loti)(5.7s-4.9s), mazda rx8(yeah i know)(7.2s-6.4s), any lancer evo(6.1s-4.3s), megane renaultsport(6.5s), clio renaultsport cup(6.9s), seat leon cupra r(6.9s), imprezza wrx or sti(5.6s-5.2s), astra 2.0t vxr(6.2s) any small engined westfield (6.2s-3.4s).........

i would do a list for the standard is200 but i'd be here all night.

ok, try again, if besty races his mate, not on a street as this is illegal, but on a circuit, or at say Santa Pod who would win.

thanks pal,yeh on a track would be good,i think i`ll put that to him and see if he`s up for it ,i have quickshift so would be interesting.hmmm

Well after trying both my 2.0l IDE Megane against a non s/c IS200 I can say that my old coupe is faster than a non s/c Lexus. I put this down to the weight and gearing.

Ohhh the advantages of having access to motorways that are not open to the public :)

normal_picture_485_web.jpg

Not having been in a s/c IS200 yet (waiting for Barry to say hop in at the next Grasshopper meet ;) I can't judge that.

Well after trying both my 2.0l IDE Megane against a non s/c IS200 I can say that my old coupe is faster than a non s/c Lexus.  I put this down to the weight and gearing. 

Ohhh the advantages of having access to motorways that are not open to the public :)

normal_picture_485_web.jpg

Not having been in a s/c IS200 yet (waiting for Barry to say hop in at the next Grasshopper meet ;) I can't judge that.

hmm you`ll get a pleasant supprise :o

Its always difficult comparing two cars when one, or both have been modified...

I think at the 'pod' the golf would take it, just because it has lower down grunt and a slight weight advantage, that would benifit over the 1/4. Over a standing mile, i think an IS with just a S/C would be too close to call...

as for a circuit race, it would all come down to the driver

Its always difficult comparing two cars when one, or both have been modified...

I think at the 'pod' the golf would take it, just because it has lower down grunt and a slight weight advantage, that would benifit over the 1/4. Over a standing mile, i think an IS with just a S/C would be too close to call...

as for a circuit race, it would all come down to the driver

when i get him on a track it will be video`d for all to see . :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links