Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked up our new RX400h SE-L today at Lexus Edinburgh.

I posted a review a few days ago and to be honest don’t have much to add today other than a few observations on our actual car.

The dash is much darker than our old one which I really like – more suited to brushed aluminium and sporty I think.

The trim quality is just as good as our old RX300 – don’t know what the comments are about on the US forum. The stitching in the leather has disappeared from the door as can be seen in the picture below but quality is just the same.

Kids loved DVD player and were the quietest little mice in the back!

Other than that, nothing extra to add about the car apart from saying we are delighted.

Lexus Edinburgh service was as great as always. Car was ready and valeted at 9am this morning, everything perfect. I think we got a fantastic deal, won’t go into it too much as this is really between Ian, Simon and us, however, lets just say we have wine, car mats and a boot liner missing from the invoice and a really fair trade-in price.

One last thing! – Really snazzy key ring – as they say the devil is in the detail – made me smile! Funny how it is the little things that make the difference.

Thanks to Ian Reynolds, Simon Lane, Simon Fraser and several hundred Japanese Lexus workers!

Pictures...........

ycobmk.jpg

ycobmn.jpg

ycobmv.jpg

ycobmr.jpg

ycobm6.jpg

ycobmm.jpg

ycobmq.jpg

ycobmt.jpg

ycobml.jpg

ycobmo.jpg

ycobmj.jpg

ycobmp.jpg

Please let us know how you get on with the Hybrid. Wife as agreed that next car is an RX, so long as it is a Hybrid.

Just need ANOTHER promotion first (even though current car allowance would cover it were it not for kids, mortgage, wife working part time, cats, beer, football season ticket etc etc ) :P

Looks great, super pics. I was on the list for one but went for the LS instead in a moment of pure madness so I am reading your reports with avid interest. Please keep the reports coming and enjoy the new toy.

Thanks for the comments folks. Now over 100 miles and I have not driven it yet!

Ok ok ok I guess my wife's name is on the invoice! :blush: However the weekend is coming and I am looking forward to having a shot. I think she is getting me back for having the first test drive when she was away on business for a couple of days! :P

@Baz - the button is 'Disp' or display. Look at the picture of the dials, you will see the odometer on the middle one in a rectangular display. Pressing the button cycles this display through MPG, Odo, Batt usage etc.

Hi John,

Congratulations on your excellent choice of car.

We got ours on 15 June as well (09:00 AM) and were the first on the road in London I believe.

Have been busy reading manuals, visiting (far away) family and have already clocked up 745 miles (average 32.9 MPG so far - ('running in' driving)).

We are very pleased with the car. It is like gliding soundless along the road at almost any speed. The ride is comfortable and we cannot fault the vehicle in any way. The Range Rover doesn’t even come close as far as driving comfort is concerned.

When parking up last night though, I noticed water dripping from underneath the central engine area, and wondered whether this could be the condensation from the air-conditioning unit, which we had had running for some three hours.

Have you noticed something similar?

Happy smiles all round

Hi John,

Congratulations on your excellent choice of car.

We got ours on 15 June as well (09:00 AM) and were the first on the road in London I believe.

Have been busy reading manuals, visiting (far away) family and have already clocked up 745 miles (average 32.9 MPG so far - ('running in' driving)).

We are very pleased with the car. It is like gliding soundless along the road at almost any speed. The ride is comfortable and we cannot fault the vehicle in any way. The Range Rover doesn’t even come close as far as driving comfort is concerned.

When parking up last night though, I noticed water dripping from underneath the central engine area, and wondered whether this could be the condensation from the air-conditioning unit, which we had had running for some three hours.

Have you noticed something similar?

Happy smiles all round

:lol: Yep that's only condensation. best regards J

This car is moving up my list of possible purchases by the day. I hope to get behind the wheel of one for a test mid-July.

I would be interested to know what range you are getting from a tank of petrol.

I would be particularly interested to know what Great Dane gets on his drive across Belgium as it is something I have to frequently do.

At what speed does the petrol engine generally kick-in?

Has anyone experienced problems with pedestrians not hearing the vehicle?

Hi Chris,

Just returned from Germany this afternoon. Did not drive through Belgium, but on the German autobahn the car cruises effortless along at 110-120 MPH - did not put my foot to the floor, so don't know the top speed.

Over a stretch of approx. 100 miles, averaging 110-120 mph the car retuned 25.4 miles per gallon - this was cruising and not braking and quick accelerations.

Upon my return to the UK this morning, I set the cruise control to 70MPH and got an average of 36.2 miles gallon over an 80-mile journey.

This reflects reports from the US. During the running in period the fuel economy will continue to improve.

When the engine is warm you can with very gentle acceleration reach 40+ MPH before the petrol engine kicks in.

The only time pedestrians have seemed surprised by the cars presence was in a residential street with traffic humps, doing less than 30 MPH and running very quietly on electric motors only.

In all aspects I am very happy with the car's performance.

Hi,

I'm a new member too and have been reading your posts with interest.

I picked up my 400 a couple of weeks ago and love it!! I love seeing how many'E's I can generate on a journey - I have to say it has eased my heavy foot on the accelerator!! Although it does get a little foot down operation from time to time and it is great to know that it is there.

Economy is good too, 31.2 mpg on the last tank, mixture of motorway and town driving.

As for pedestrians, the worst place is supermarket car parks, they have no idea you are behind them and it would be awfully rude to pip the horn at them :)

TS

Great to hear such excellent comments. I test drive mine in a few days time. Has anyone noticed a differerent ride quality due to lack of air suspension, or been off road and noticed as different handling due to electric rear motor? Has the car lost any of its great ride or handling qualities (I have an RX300 at the mo)?

Has anyone noticed a differerent ride quality due to lack of air suspension, or been off road and noticed as different handling due to electric rear motor? Has the car lost any of its great ride or handling qualities (I have an RX300 at the mo)?

See original report for Handling comments

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=23430

John

Great to hear such excellent comments. I test drive mine in a few days time. Has anyone noticed a differerent ride quality due to lack of air suspension, or been off road and noticed as different handling due to electric rear motor? Has the car lost any of its great ride or handling qualities (I have an RX300 at the mo)?

:blink: Drove one off road yesterday- not good news I'm afaid, struggles on wet grassy incline ( 30%) no grip. Kept trying different gradiants, Battery soon whent down and engine worked hard. Glad I was not towing!. Tyres could improve this, but you could get a long way off road on purpose tyres without 4 W D.It's not designed for off road really.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links