Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed Bumps And Lowered Lexus

Just about to see a Lexus IS200 Sport that has been lowered 30mm. Any body have any issues going over the speed humps, live in London, and speed humps on every bloody road.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

er...

30mm you should be fine when on your own (but take it easy), however with the car carrying 4 passengers + stuff in the boot it can scrape over some large bumps.

I concur- especially over those pointy buggers. London is the worst place for Lexus'

Depends, what part of london ......... if you live East London, near Bethnal Green ...... forget about it :D

Otherwise .......... mose of them are fine ...... mines lowered that much, I often frequent London ............. ;)

Depends, what part of london ......... if you live East London, near Bethnal Green ...... forget about it  :D

Otherwise .......... mose of them are fine ...... mines lowered that much, I often frequent London .............  ;)

Mate, I live in West London, and for me to get on to the main road (which is 2 small roads away)- I have to go over 5 speed bumps!. And thats just to get to a slightly larger road!

mines on -35mm and most speed bumps are ok but there are some which are stupid high and you scrape to death on em. there was one road in sheff that was particularly bad. don't know about london tho.

if all you do is mainly drive over speed bumps then I wouldn't bother with a lowered car IMHO, I'd get it raised and on softer shocks as well.

mines on -35mm and most speed bumps are ok but there are some which are stupid high and you scrape to death on em. there was one road in sheff that was particularly bad. don't know about london tho.

if all you do is mainly drive over speed bumps then I wouldn't bother with a lowered car IMHO, I'd get it raised and on softer shocks as well.

Thats great advice.

So refreshing from the "slam it" advice you hear on some other sites :D

Sometimes in the "modifying madness" I think people forget that their car is a practical tool and the more you lower it the less practical it becomes and the harder the ride. The lexus is supposed to be a luxary sports salon afterall. I honestly sometimes wish I hadn't bothered with the lowering (usually when I have some impatient :tsktsk: behind me while going over alot of bumps) - but the car looks so nice! :D

In Rochdale we have some massive bumps near the hospital and I scrap over those even with just me in the car! :o However I've seen normal cars scrape over them too!

I'm sure someone told me that by European law speed bumps could only be a max of 75mm high?? :question::question: Anyone know if this is true?

To be honest im gonna go and see the car but i am thinking twice because its an IS200 Sport and its lowered anyway. So if its lowered 30mm more its isn't gonna do me any good over the speed humps.

Thanks for the feedback fellas

I'd say mines pretty low... ;)

I go over speed bumps daily.. i've left more damage on the speed bumps than on the underside :P

"LOW"!!.... Its the only car in the UK that gets out of carparks "without" the barrier going up :hehe: The only i know that when you get in you have to "climb down" :D

since taking off the HKS Hiper I haven't scraped, now i'm lowered on coilovers too

that thing just hangs down too low!

mine hardly ever scrapes, its nearly always the plastic undertray that scrapes (apart from that time when I spun off the motorway in france and grounded myself :P )

mine sits nice on the spax,it is lowered 30 mm too,i like the looks but do prefer the standard sport set up,i drove gords a while back ,same as mine,sport spec and i forgot how nice the standard set up is,looks yeh,ride tat.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links