Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Pre Paid Servicing

IS300KK

Hello folks

I'm considering taking out a Pre-paid service plan on my IS300 - was told by the dealer that the 60K service alone (approx £600) would be about the price of a 3yr Plan. Has anyone here taken out one of these plans, and if so, has it proven to be worthwhile?

Cheers

Amanda

Yes, it would include the 60K :P !!!

I just had my 30K service (£420, inc rear brake pads) so I've had a taste of how expensive these things are!! They couldn't give me a price for 3yr cover because the prices are being 'reviewed' (i.e. raised, I would guess), but if it's around £600 then it's probably a bargain. Will post the prices when they get back to me, in case anyone else is interested.

Amanda

I asked about this at the Sheffield dealership not long ago for the 80 & 90k services.

I was advised it wasn't worth it for me as they give a big discount for cars over a certain age anyway, so I wouldn't be saving money.

Plus there's the point that you're not saving money if you offload the car before you go through all of the services anyway....

I've recently taken out one of these 3 yr 30k plans and the company has just been swapped over.

They sorted the 80k service but wouldn't do any other work that wasn't stipulated like the frayed cambelt as it is not due for replacement until 100k so i paid for that.

The cost of the plan is £660 for IS200 and this was offered to me by Lexus in Bolton where the car originally came from - although i bought mine from a private garage.

You can also take out an extended warranty with the Lexus dealership and I think these cost around £500 for the year.

I imagine that you can take one out the service plan with any dealership and the cost of the service far exceeds the cost of the policy.

3 service plan is the best value if you time it correctly to get two major and one minor service and not two minor and one major sevice

I took out a 2 year one, mine was new so 3 years wouldn't have been worth it as 2 of those would have been small services. In my case it saved me about £80 AFAIK

Think the package was £440

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links