Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Digital Usb Tv

I'm in need of a Digital USB Tv Receiver for the PC, so I can watch TV on my projector downstairs ............

I'm currently looking at two on ebay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Is there anyone out there who actually 'owns' one of these, or knows of someone who does, and can advise what one to get .......... even if it's not one of those ?

I basically want to receive Free Digital TV, and the ability to record something onto the PC if need be.

I'm assuming that they are all USB, so that needs to be a must too ........

Ta .

I have the nebula digitv one and it is the dogs! Best bit of kit I have owned (we for a while any how!)

I use digiguide with an add on which basicaly gives me near Tivo ability to record and play and watch.

I use my xbox to watch the stuff on (not real time though as I have an idTV as well).

A very useful forum...

http://www.digitv-forum.co.uk/index.php

There are also a few very good forums dedicated to the various cards out there... google is your friend.

*edit*

I wouldn't buy either of them. btw

*edit2*

http://www.tv-cards.com/

There is a PCI version of the nebula card on eBay at the moment for about 23 quid. This comes with an analogue in as well for recording all them old videos onto the PC should you wish to do so.

Full details of the USB box I have are here:

http://www.nebula-electronics.com/informat...o.asp?Code=0003

It's about the size of a 3.5" HDD, is powered off the USB port and has a through connector for the antenna. Comes with a remote control as well btw. BDA drivers are due soon to provide full multi unit support for the various media PC software's around. PCI driver in in Beta release at the moment.

Thanks for that Jase ........ the reason why I don't want a PCI version of it, is because I have no spare PCI slots left ! and I'm not buying another m/b and case .... just for the damn telly !

I hardly watch it any hows ......... it's just so that I have it, if I ever need it ....... or if anyone else wants to watch it :D

I'll check out those forums too !

Cheers .

Nebula do a USB version, I have both the USB and PCI versions in work and they are excellent pieces of kit - designed in Britain, so they work here.

Others don't support MHEG (interactive) content.

Does it need to be a PC? We have a product coming out very soon that will do what you want in a stand alone box.

It's basically a freeview box and an 80Gb HDD, giving 40Hrs of recording and the ability to time-shift(pause live TV). It also supports TopUp TV.

It will be much quieter than a PC, much lower power consumption and won't need rebooting every so often.

Not sure on pricing, but I'd expect it to be sub £150.

Hi Mark ........

It has to be on the PC ......... noise won't matter, as PC is upstairs ...... and I'll bewatching it on the projector, downstairs ! :)

I'll check out the USB version of that ....... and bare in mind the interactive thingy me gig!

Hi Mark ........

It has to be on the PC ......... noise won't matter, as PC is upstairs ...... and I'll bewatching it on the projector, downstairs ! :)

I'll check out the USB version of that ....... and bare in mind the interactive thingy me gig!

You need to watch the cable length as RGB will not go too far without degrading the signal. I assume that the screen needs RGB and not composite vdeo :question:

I'm just thinking about a freeview box for hooking up to my projector, have you considered that mate and then you don't have to worry what's spare in the PC?

Or do you only have the one connection available to the projector?

Nebula do a USB version, I have both the USB and PCI versions in work and they are excellent pieces of kit - designed in Britain, so they work here.

Others don't support MHEG (interactive) content.

Does it need to be a PC? We have a product coming out very soon that will do what you want in a stand alone box.

It's basically a freeview box and an 80Gb HDD, giving 40Hrs of recording and the ability to time-shift(pause live TV). It also supports TopUp TV.

It will be much quieter than a PC, much lower power consumption and won't need rebooting every so often.

Not sure on pricing, but I'd expect it to be sub £150.

Rebooting?

I leave mine on for weeeeeeksssss and with no need to reboot. I only use mine from remote desktop (though I do have the svideo through the amp just in case I need to check something from the PC video out side of things.

Price wise, all the details are in my original post abve... USB is around 99 quid new.

You need to watch the cable length as RGB will not go too far without degrading the signal. I assume that the screen needs RGB and not composite vdeo :question:

There projector already has a VGA cable running to it from the PC.

Picture is clear !

I'm just thinking about a freeview box for hooking up to my projector, have you considered that mate and then you don't have to worry what's spare in the PC?

Or do you only have the one connection available to the projector?

Erm, good point ........ I haven't checked the other inputs on the projector, however, I don't really want anything in the front room ! ......... keeping everything upstairs !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links