Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bomb Blasts in London!

well, lets be honest - Blair will use this to push through the Indenity cards wont he...

Personally, I'm all for identity cards. I know there is the personal intrusion debate but in my opinion (and remember I said in my opinion), the only people that don't want them are ones that want to remain secret or have something to hide or are upto something. I mean they aren't asking people to wear signs on their heads or have to have it obvious, just a form of ID to show the authorities who you are and that you ain't just arrived in the UK. There are so many deceiptful people out there using other people's identity to fraudlently do things. I think it would help the police greatly to be able to demand to see who an individual is - just as long as the card don't start to become copied or duplicated.

But like I say, just my opinion.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine that the death toll will be rising very rapidly ....... I don't know if there is one ........ but I would imagine a Call Center will be open up ! for relatives, and friends who are concerned.

I would imagine that the death toll will be rising very rapidly

Agree with you there, the effects of a bomb in a confined space like a railway carriage does not bear thinking about never mind in a tunnel as well. Horrific.

Just found this on a newspaper web site if anyone needs it

Scotland Yard has issued the following casualty hotline number: 0870 1566 344

Glad to say I’m still here! Could have been so different, for the first time in a year I decide to take the tube to work. Got dropped off at Stratford to catch the Central line, I now know that as my train moved on from Stratford the bomb at Liverpool St. station went off, my train did not stop at Liverpool St as it normally would and then got evacuated at Chancery Lane. Told at the time the Central line had a power failure.

One of my colleagues called in very distraught to say that they were ok, but there were dead bodies and then hung up.

I was panicking trying to get hold of my brother who uses the same bus route as the Tavistock Place incident. I used to use that route to go to school every morning. Eventually I got through and was relived to know he was ok.

I’m now stuck in my flat in Holborn which is 5min from Russell Square and 10min from Kings Cross, will wait till things calm down a bit, the tube is shut down and so are all the busses in Zone 1.

Hope everyone else in London is ok from here.

Ash

well, lets be honest - Blair will use this to push through the Indenity cards wont he...

I don't have a problem with carrying an ID card if it reduces crime and horrific incidents like this. After all, we don't object to carrying passports do we?

I was scheduled to visit a client in London this week, glad they called off now!

Ive just heard that Cardiff train station and Bristol has been shut down due to bomb alerts.

I imagine this will be happening everywhere for a while untill this settles down.

Incidently we (M.O.D) have been put on amber alert and told not to travel to London and to carry out full security checks on our vehicles and homes......DAMN!!!

I don't have a problem with carrying an ID card if it reduces crime and horrific incidents like this. After all, we don't object to carrying passports do we?

I was scheduled to visit a client in London this week, glad they called off now!

I know we are going :offtopic:

But I look at it this way when you are born the birth is registered and you are given an NHS number so within a week or so you are "on the system" then you get: -

NI Number (when you start work)

Driving Licence Number (when you start to drive)

Passport Number (when you want to travel, and most of us do)

If you contract in the construction industry you get a CIS card and now A CSCS card every one apart from the NI Number is a card with your picture on it. Why object to a National Identity Card, it's just another number.

I know we are going :offtopic:

But I look at it this way when you are born the birth is registered and you are given an NHS number so within a week or so you are "on the system" then you get: -

NI Number (when you start work)

Driving Licence Number (when you start to drive)

Passport Number (when you want to travel, and most of us do)

If you contract in the construction industry you get a CIS card and now A CSCS card every one apart from the NI Number is a card with your picture on it. Why object to a National Identity Card, it's just another number.

Very true, I have a CSCS card.

What I object to is PAYING for it.

But this is :offtopic: and deserves a fresh thread!

just got home..........walked from caledonian road to london bridge :sick:

all the way the pavements were choka

even though it was hot/crowded no angry peeps........

hopefully the perps will be caught shortly

just listening to Ken Livingston - I must say it's a bit rich him condemning these attacks when last year he invited a madman who advocated suicide bombs against Israel to be a his guest in London!!

It will also be interesting when they catch these ba**ards to see where they came from. Knowing our luck they will have been living off the state whilst their asylum application was being processed :angry:

However, my heart goes out to the families of all those caught up in this madness.

Just bathed the kids. Normally one of the best bits of my day. Imagine how many parents are going to have to explain to their kids why Mummy or Daddy is never going to be able to do bath time again.

Can we leave the ID cards and all that to another thread and spare a thought for those who have lost loved ones.

Lets put others first today perhaps........

Can we leave the ID cards and all that to another thread and spare a thought for those who have lost loved ones.

Well said John, let's remember those ones who have been lost, rather than ranting on about something that is :offtopic: .

I thank you.

Well said John, let's remember those ones who have been lost, rather than ranting on about something that is :offtopic: .

I thank you.

Absolutely.

My thoughts are with the families and friends of those who died.

I had my Wife, Mum and Daughter on the phone today checking if I was in London. So spare a thought for those who just don't know at the moment and I am sure there are many who have been unable to contact their loved ones. The phone network was chaos.

A "Sad Sad" Day....I "Drop" my head in my hands when i think that all those people that have Died and they will never know....."WHY". We must not surrender to the terrorists ambitions and through our anger direct our feelings toward "race or religion" We the real "Human race" have the biggest power in the world?..and thats the power of "Compassion" and respect. Regardless of world events i hope the people of the UK can display a multi-cultural embrace that will ensure the "terrorists" DO "FAIL"

Just bathed the kids.  Normally one of the best bits of my day.  Imagine how many parents are going to have to explain to their kids why Mummy or Daddy is never going to be able to do bath time again.

I know hat you mean time with kids is special.

Very sad for all it does put life in perspective.

Please let us think about all those families effected.

It never ceases to amaze me the what the human race can inflict on each other and especially innocent people.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of these poor victims of terrorism.

Another sad day for mankind.

It never ceases to amaze me the what the human race can inflict on each other and especially innocent people.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of these poor victims of terrorism.

Another sad day for mankind.

Here Here!! :yack: :yack: :ph34r:

He can't do that! The police have said years ago that an attack was "inevitable". In other words, Blair knew this would happen and should have had the legislation in place.

If he responds by implementing "emergency" legislation, then he's admitting he wasn't prepared for something which everyone knew was going to happen.

Clarke has also just admitted that ID cards would now have stopped the attack; something everyone ALSO knew. None of the reasons given for ID cards make sense; the protection of children, immigration, terrorism, organised crime etc. I for one, don't want a government that would shame a banana republic controlling everything I do with an ID card and a central database and have already awarded the contract to an American firm before the legislation has gone through.

The reason for the attack is definitely the G8. Leaders from all around the world are attending therefore, the story will get greater prominence around the world media.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links