Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Vented Bonnet

marcus

Hi guys , This is the vented bonnet i was working on for JAE!..................but as my car will not be done now! i can let you all see how its going :winky: its looking good...........nice big vents so it dont get to hot under the bonnet :D

What do you think................. :D

My vented bonnet

Looking good pal, I can never figure out how you and Clawley do all this stuff by yourselves, I can just about cook a Pot Noodle and that's my limits exceeded!!!

I can't tell in that pic but have you still got the bulge in the middle of the bonnet as it looks flat?

Looking good pal, I can never figure out how you and Clawley do all this stuff by yourselves, I can just about cook a Pot Noodle and that's my limits exceeded!!!

I can't tell in that pic but have you still got the bulge in the middle of the bonnet as it looks flat?

Thanks mate :D and yes the bulg in the mid is still there :lol: :winky:

ya bugger ya beat me too it, altho i was gonna do smaller version as i have had a Honda S2000 model with that hood on it staring at me for ages.

looks bloody good though! cant wait to see it painted up n on the car!!

keep up the good work fella!

ya bugger ya beat me too it, altho i was gonna do smaller version as i have had a Honda S2000 model with that hood on it staring at me for ages.

looks bloody good though! cant wait to see it painted up n on the car!!

keep up the good work fella!

thanks mate....................yea i think you and me have been looking at the same pic,s the S2000 :P :D

i bought the bonnet for the s2000 model and blended it into one of my IS200 models i had. looked the nuts.

Altho i may still do it, just on one side tho and about 1/3 of the size just behnd the supercharger.

altho i may still get my other hood with the centre scoop back into the body shop!

only reason i didnt go with mine was the bodyshop that did it (not the people that sprayed my car) somehow managed to put about 3mm of filler all over the hood!!

and until i get it all sanded back to bare metal to see how much more works involved in making it smooth i will leave it!

think they managed to warp it slightly.

i thought that with too much filler it would crack under the heat, so wanted to get my bodyshop to strip it and start again!

yea thats what i had to do was take it back to bare metal :winky: as its to much work to get the filler smooth.........

only reason i didnt go with mine was the bodyshop that did it (not the people that sprayed my car) somehow managed to put about 3mm of filler all over the hood!!

and until i get it all sanded back to bare metal to see how much more works involved in making it smooth i will leave it!

i thought that with too much filler it would crack under the heat, so wanted to get my bodyshop to strip it and start again!

How have i removed the cars class ;) for a moded IS i think i have just given it a bit more class, and not only that i have to think on a way to let all that heat from the TURBO!! out :winky:

Nice if you enjoy removing the cars class. But 10 outta 10 for workmanship  :P

yea thats what i had to do was take it back to bare metal :winky:  as its to much work to get the filler smooth.........

How have i removed the cars class ;) for a moded IS i think i have just given it a bit more class, and not only that i have to think on a way to let all that heat from the TURBO!! out :winky:

Its each to their own thats all im saying buddy. But as i said, im very impressed with how well made it looks. :winky:

yea thats what i had to do was take it back to bare metal :winky:  as its to much work to get the filler smooth.........

Its each to their own thats all im saying buddy. But as i said, im very impressed with how well made it looks. :winky:

[/quot]

Thanks mate :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links