Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ideas For Very First Mod?

Rob's Lexx

Hi all.

just got my 2000 IS200 Sport (pearlescent white) about a month ago. since then i've been thinking about adding some nice little touches/mods, but not really too sure where to start. thought i'd ask you guys for some ideas. at the minute the budget is restricted, so can't do the big fancy mod's quite yet. what can you all reccomend?????

one other question is, if i was going to get the calipers coloured, should i pre-order them painted or is it a job that i could do myself with some caliper paint?????

thanks for any help you can provide :driving:

Hi all.

just got my 2000 IS200 Sport (pearlescent white) about a month ago. since then i've been thinking about adding some nice little touches/mods, but not really too sure where to start. thought i'd ask you guys for some ideas. at the minute the budget is restricted, so can't do the big fancy mod's quite yet. what can you all reccomend?????

one other question is, if i was going to get the calipers coloured, should i pre-order them painted or is it a job that i could do myself with some caliper paint?????

thanks for any help you can provide  :driving:

Do them yourself its really easy just take your time. I would get the prolex kazama pipe £285 i think cheaper if your gold, but its a great first mod. WARNING once you've started modding you will never stop think very carefully :D he he he Welcome to the club.

Welcome to the LOC

you can do your calipers yourself

fingers crossed there be someone a long in a bit to put the link up as theres a good write up with pics on how to do it

(please can someone put this up as this is a job I also need to do)

thanks for your suggestion in fitting the exhaust, its a beauty!!!! initially, though, i was thinking of some smaller mods that i could look into. some that are a real nice touch and visually enhance the car (inside and out).

ANY IDEAS??????????? :unsure:

Like what exactly did you have in mind ?

What is your price budget ................

don't wanna spend too much over the £100 mark (per mod) quite yet, as i've only had the car a couple of weeks. i wanna visually enhance it a little, both inside and out. like the idea of darkening the front 2 windows, but dont think thats gonna enhance it too much. keep throwing your ideas at me guys.

cheers

Sport grille, although over £100.

Eyelids

Short ariel

Clear side indicators

Clear rear fogs

Calipers painted + decals

All enhance the look and are a pretty cheap mod. Plus easy to do yourself

some good ideas there, any info on where i can get all this stuff from at decent prices? could i do all of it myself?

Short aerial & clear rear fogs = US ebay

Clear side indicator lenses = Mr Toyota (they come of the LS430)

Silver/orange side indicator bulbs = speeding.co.uk

How about:

Blue reversing bulbs, silver/orange rear indicator bulbs = speeding

LED sidelights 6 x super bright 501 fitting LED bulbs = Ultraleds.co.uk

was thinking about the blue reverse bulbs-do they look a lot different to standard issue bulbs and are they road legal/MOT passable? not really a big issue, but just wondered anyway :hehe:

I did say I would refrain from any modding to the IS as it looks great as it is but..................

Where can you get those spats from?

I like the idea of them with the Sports Grille :crybaby:

Are they relatively easy to fit? I assume the grille can be done by a numpty but the spats may require drilling/bonding?

(Sorry for hi-jacking the thread :winky: :whistling: )

just another thing i thought i'd mention.....the car is pearlescent white and i'm not sure what colour coding i should go for. definitely gonna get the calipers painted in the next couple of weeks (was thinking silver, with black caliper stickers.....what u all think??? any pics of white IS200 with painted calipers).

also, should i then go for a silver antenna stalk?

what about clear rear fogs, or will they just be lost with the colour of the car.

thanks for your help so far guys :tomato:

Get the two front windows tinted to match the rear!!

Then go to the bank and get a loan cos you prob be finding loads of stuff you want!!lol

Yep get the front windows tinted. Only £60 from TintR in Nottingham. Top job aswell. makes a huge difference.

Also a Sport grill is a MUST! Bit pricey to buy new but keep popping up on eBay now and again. Changes the whole look of the front end.

Get the two front windows tinted to match the rear!!

Then go to the bank and get a loan cos you prob be finding loads of stuff you want!!lol

Yep get the front windows tinted. Only £60 from TintR in Nottingham. Top job aswell. makes a huge difference.

Also a Sport grill is a MUST! Bit pricey to buy new but keep popping up on eBay now and again. Changes the whole look of the front end.

will be in contact with them shortly regarding the front window tints. i definitely think the full set of tinted windows will look great against the white car!!!

don't suppose you've got any pics of what it would look like with the sport grill fitted (on a pearlescent white IS, if possible)???

one more thing i might add....i've been looking into the 6-LED side light bulbs (10mm wedge 501's), probably the ice blue/white (similar to those that Mr Morse suggested). are they easy to fit myself???? if so, how do i go about it.

sorry if its a stupid question, but never done anythin to my lex as only had it a matter of weeks.

thanks for any help guys

one more thing i might add....i've been looking into the 6-LED side light bulbs (10mm wedge 501's), probably the ice blue/white (similar to those that Mr Morse suggested). are they easy to fit myself???? if so, how do i go about it.

sorry if its a stupid question, but never done anythin to my lex as only had it a matter of weeks.

thanks for any help guys

Easiest mod you can make - open the bonnet, remove the bulb holder by twisting 1/3d turn, remove bulb, plug & play.

Remember that LEDs are polarity sensitive so if they don't work first time just put the bulb the other way around.

thanks for any help guys

Easiest mod you can make - open the bonnet, remove the bulb holder by twisting 1/3d turn, remove bulb, plug & play.

Remember that LEDs are polarity sensitive so if they don't work first time just put the bulb the other way around.

great, thanks for your help. would you reccomend them then? will they be noticibly different to the stock one's i have now?

thanks for any help guys

great, thanks for your help. would you reccomend them then? will they be noticibly different to the stock one's i have now?

It's an easy and good value mod - the lights are poinpoint blueish white and look very similar to the Audi TT sidelights.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links