Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's Plural For Lexus?

loftuz

Hi peeps

I know this is a bit strange question and that i'm now gonna show you all how crap i am at english, but what the hell is plural for Lexus? Is it Lexie or Lexusis? Me and the Mrs have been trying to work it out for a fortnight now and are still no further forward! If all else fails were gonna phone Lexus up and ask them!

According to Alan Partridge - Lexi

Michael : Aye. Aye, look a Lexus. Hey, it’s a better one than yours. (Laughs)

Alan : It's interesting, Michael, since owning a Lexus it's amazing the number of Lexi you see around. 'Cause that's the plural.

A man enters the shop. He places a newspaper on the counter.

Alan : The Daily Mail.

Dan : Yep.

Alan : Arguably the best newspaper in the world.

Dan : Oh, yeah.

Michael : Nice Lexus.

Dan : Yes, I, er, I love Lexi.

Alan : Yeah, I always have a thing I say about Lexus - it's like the - er –

Dan and Alan : Japanese Mercedes.

Dan : Yeah, well, I hate Mercs. People who drive them are just saaaaaad.

Surely there shouldn't be an apostrophe in a plural. I would have said it's Lexuses, although in conversation I'll always say Lexi. To throw a spanner in the works, though, the plural of "nexus" is "nexus", so by that logic you could say that the plural of Lexus is quite simply Lexus.

Si

the wife studied french and russian at uni etc and worked in an enviroment where the use of the language is important ( eg researcher for pm's folder used in question time) and is allways giving me grief etc when she thinks I made a mistake.

Anyway she likes thorntans "Alpini" chocolates and I got her a big box for a special occasion and we had some friends around to help celebrate and a similar conversation started.

The high light was my wife declaring to all and sundary she like lots of Alpenis but the AL part was quite subdued, the silence was defeaning and the looks from friends was priceless.

So I have a brillant tool now winding her up eg she like plenty of male chicken.

Ah the english language a never ending source of fun

Surely there shouldn't be an apostrophe in a plural. I would have said it's Lexuses, although in conversation I'll always say Lexi. To throw a spanner in the works, though, the plural of "nexus" is "nexus", so by that logic you could say that the plural of Lexus is quite simply Lexus.

Si

Dictionary.com says that the plural of Nexus is Nexus or Nexuses so you might be right about Lexuses being the correct plural. Another online dictionary says that Lexus is made up of a mix like Luxury EXports to the US

The correct grammatical form for the plural of an acronym is to add an "s", no apostrophe, so

A Lexus

A group of Lexuss

I think I see your reasoning there, but isn't Lexus a proper noun rather than an acronym, and therefore the plural is Lexuses :)

The correct grammatical form for the plural of an acronym is to add an "s", no apostrophe, so

A Lexus

A group of Lexuss

I think I see your reasoning there, but isn't Lexus a proper noun rather than an acronym, and therefore the plural is Lexuses :)

I suppose it is both come to think of it, therefore both plurals are correct........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links