Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nice Pic Of The Mk1 Is With The Mk2 Is

aido

It is a nice car, but doesn't the front end look too much like a Honda Accord ?

I thought the Lexus was supposed to be difference to the rest !! :blink:

I think it looks like a Mazda 6. And yes, I thought they were supposed to be different to the rest. Oh well...

Si

Maybe they got a new designer in who worked for the other two companies previously ? :D

Have peeps seen the new Alfa 159 shots? Back end is almost identical. Infact apart from the front grill I think its very similar indeed:

See what you think.......

Alfa 159

I really like it and am tempted.

I wouldn't buy an Alfa, it would fall to bits in no time

I think their getting better, and reserve judgement until it comes out offically - you have to admit though they make the sweetest looking cars!

True, you cannot fault Italian/Alfa design, but Alfa doesn't = reliability, where as with Lexus it does

i'm going to be a little :offtopic: sorry.

i'm being really pedantic, but is it not the case that Japanese cars are known by their various stages of life as "Generations" rather than "Marks"...

The original IS is Gen1 and the latest development of the IS is Gen2 (if we dont include the other facelifts inbetween)

sorry... now to get this back on subject...

the new IS is slick... i love the dash lights and speedo gauges... check out the vids, from a previous post... :blush:

the new IS is slick... i love the dash lights and speedo gauges... check out the vids, from a previous post...  :blush:

Funny you should mention that! It was that part of the vid that made me really want one. However, by the time I can afford a new IS, they'll be on gen XVI.

Si

hehehe :D the same bit of the vid that made me fall in love... when he revs and the red ring just lights up... not to mention the speedo needles do a mini check as you fire it up... WOW, awesome :blush:

i'm going to be a little  :offtopic:  sorry.

i'm being really pedantic, but is it not the case that Japanese cars are known by their various stages of life as "Generations" rather than "Marks"...

MR2 MK1 revision 1 & 2

MR2 MK2 revision 1 to 5

MR2 MK3 revision 1 to .......

Same for the Supra

I dind't think too much of the new IS but when compared to the current IS it looks very nice.

I can see all the comments from everyone and totally agree!!

from bloated look to high waistline of the doors. I thinkit lokos as though all the edges have been rubbed down to give a more smoother look.

In fact I like the new GS more.......

The new GS is very sharp...I really like it! IMHO as a replacment for the old model they did well!

The new IS on the other hand has let the side down...they have ditched everything that made the original so great! They could have re-modeled some of the existing shapes and features, instead Lexus have made it a bit to similar to everything else on the road! :crybaby:

I'm not doubting that it won't be a dream to drive, well built, super reliable and tricked out with some excellent gadgets....but I won't find myself driving past the Lexus showroom thinking...wow that looks great I must go and take it for a test drive!!

Admit it...when the original IS came out there was nothing like it on the road and to be honest there still isn't....however, when the new IS come's out it really isn't gonna stick out much in the crowd! And that's disappointing!

One plus point though, from Aido's measurements, (of the new IS that is :P ) appears to be the wheel arches....looks like you could tuck some 20's in there with no worries! :D

The more I look at the new IS, the more I think it looks like a mixture of the new honda accord and the mazda 6.

Really average looking in my opinion. Its as though Lexus looked at other cars on the market and pinched bits from them, rather than thinking up something completley different.

I still like the MK1  the best..........it just so much more :angry: looking than the MK2 :winky:

Agree with you there mate. I like the new IS although i'm going to wait to see it in "the flesh" before i make up my mind about it overall.

The MK1 definately looks more of a bad boy :D :driving:

I think it looks like a Mazda 6. And yes, I thought they were supposed to be different to the rest. Oh well...

Si

Got these comparisons from one of the American Lex sites.

I'm surprised I haven't seen these pictures posted here yet - basically some of the guys from ClubLexus and My.IS in the USA got a chance to test drive the new IS250 AWD and IS350 at the start of August and there are some nice pics of both the MK1 and MK2 together - really good as you can't really judge the size of the thing in the pics...

Here's the article the pics are from:

http://www.clublexus.com/index.php/article...view/7475/1/10/

And here are some pics :D

DSC09001_Medium_.JPG

DSC09002_Medium_.JPG

DSC09004_Medium_.JPG

First time I've seen both side by side!

I still prefer the 'classic' MK1!

Which body kit front and rear and skirts is on the classic lexus??? (want mine to look like that), looks well nice much better than the new model :whistling:

Which body kit front and rear and skirts is on the classic lexus??? (want mine to look like that), looks well nice much better than the new model  :whistling:

That's the Neo front bumper, and then TRD sideskirts I think, can't really see them that well, and a TRD rear lip spoiler.

Chris.S is doing deals on the sides and rear lip as we speak, as for the bumper, that is expensive, a few of the boys on here have them :)

Prolex, TDI or AltezzaSportsAndPrestige should be able to source that Neo bumper...

They're the same mate, Neo is just another name for the same product..

Think there was a Neo revision 2 out there somewhere which was more square than the Neo / Legana the fella's on here have..

Alfa do make good looking cars. However, do you want it to spend 1 month every year at the dealers getting looked at ?..... then I wouldn't buy one. :angry:

The new shape IS is growing on me the more I see it.  :P

Ive found that to. The more I see the new IS the more it grows on me, but at present and I think regardless of how often I see the new IS, I STILL PREFER MINE! :D

I have to agree with you guys on the fact that the new shape -is- does look like a suitable successor to our beloved mk1. The interior looks nice too.

Having been a 318is coupe beemer owner before moving up to an is200, I think we're getting the better deal as far as new shapes go. The new 3 series beemer is a bit of a minger to be honest.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links