Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Someone Using My Reg

lexus boy

Not happy at all

got a speeding ticket through the post, and it cant even be mine

Wasnt even in the country at the time.

What is the world coming too!

??????? How could that happen. I don't suppose some family member, or a "friend" borrowed your car when you were away ? :blink:

Hope you get this sorted mate.

How can anyone 'clone' your plates?

To get number plates made up you have to show proof of plate ownership, personal ID's (ie: passport), utility bills which have your address etc.

I'm assuming you have a private plate on your Lex?

To get number plates made up you have to show proof of plate ownership, personal ID's (ie: passport), utility bills which have your address etc.

Officially YES you do have to provide all the ID and things but practically I can walk into my local autoshop and get them made up without any ID. They know me now however!

Officially YES you do have to provide all the ID and things but practically I can walk into my local autoshop and get them made up without any ID. They know me now however!

Not if you buy the plates through a non-UK based supplier like fancyplates or gtgrafix

Should be easy for you to prove it wasn't you.

i can't think there is another Lex that looks like yours from any angle - the zorst on the back, the wheels and certainly not the lack of interior or the cable ties holding the wings on at the front :blink: :D

its what i have been told

i dont know if its due to the amount of points i have, so technical now ive receied a ticket im not to drive it.

or if its cos they're two of us driving around

you havent been found guilty yet so they cant tell you not to drive regarding points

but if this other driver is amassing points , it will be almost impossible to prove it isnt you driving

where did the alleged incident happen , near to you or far away ?

its what i have been told

i dont know if its due to the amount of points i have, so technical now ive receied a ticket im not to drive it.

or if its cos they're two of us driving around

It wont be the ticket, the ticket is a notice of INTENDED prosecution, i.e. there going to do something and here is what it is.... ye olde innocent untill proven guilty still applies :) I had a mate who was twice over the limit and crashed his car (company car no less as well!). He had a new company car and drove around for 6 months before the case came to court, then he was banned for over a year.

It might be that the other car is a local car (you didnt say where the NIP was from). But I would think that it is just the police having nothing else to say but what was said (if that makes sense).

Cloning car reg plates is easy, but there again, the processes of identifying drivers is also open to human error as well, so I wouldn't be worried anyhow... (esp seeing as you were out of the contry as well!)...

Make sure you get a copy of the picture for the back of the bog door :lol:

yeah it is a64 leeds so not far away

so u think i should be ok to drive till sorted

legally yes

but you may have to proove the next tickets are not you, which may be hard

even if you are not driving the car, you would have to proove it !!

I got my plates over the net from Aplates.com

didn't ask me anything

didn't even talk to any1

all done over net

plates where with me next day

plates are easy to get hold

I got my plates over the net from Aplates.com

didn't ask me anything

didn't even talk to any1

all done over net

plates where with me next day

plates are easy to get hold

That is scary. You'd think there would be some kinda security on getting plates.

:huh:

This has actually been quite common in London since the introduction of the congestion charge :angry:

Hope you get it sorted soon, as you say shouldn't be difficult to do so, but still you shouldn't have to be dealing with this in the first place

You'd think there would be some kinda security on getting plates.

Our clever government introduced the change in law sometime recently that documents must be produced to get new plates except they forgot about that new fangled internet thingermy so you can just buy them online from a company outside england.

happened to a mate of mine not too long ago, his car was here but he kept getting tickets in the UK, all that they said was to take some photos of his car and I wrote a letter for him confirming he and the car wasnt in the UK at the time.

they cancelled the tickets and a few weeks later they caught the other guy.

This happened to me a couple of months ago, got a letter in the post on 26/08/05 saying i was parked illegally in Watford on 22/07/05. I have never been to Watford. So rang the ticket company up and gave them my tax number and they confirmed it was not my car. Next I rang the DVLA and they told me to write to give them authorisation to chase it. The address given is 'BC1, DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1ZA'. I did this they then notified the police and I received a letter from Hemel Hempstead police station saying they had found my car abandoned in High Wycombe. Strange as my car was on my drive. I gave then police woman my vin number and she told me to forget about the ticket and any further tickets I get in the near future. I was never told not to drive the car, as I could prove the tickets were not mine.

Hope this helps

Lee.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links